[PC] Grand Theft Auto V

amjath

Human Spambot
What do you mean by "fear of losing"? You will have the game linked to your RSC account forever.

The steam version will have achievements.

I too am thinking about getting the steam version,though downloading 50gb on my measly 512 line is gonna be a PITA
Then people prefer steam version only for achievements?

snap

Lurker
Ease of use prolly, all of the games tied to a single account instead of different services and drms. ^^

amjath

Human Spambot
Ease of use prolly, all of the games tied to a single account instead of different services and drms. ^^

that's reasonable. [MENTION=135367]007[/MENTION] are you pre ordering before 1st feb? you might lose the offers

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Then people prefer steam version only for achievements?

Steam download is more reliable than RSC download because of more servers and pre-load options. Myself bought an uplay version of watch dogs during the release date, download from uplay is horrible on release date and no pre-load option in uplay. This will happen to RSC also if they don't have enough servers.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Pre-purchase Grand Theft Auto V on Steam

$39.99 for people from India. I have a feel they may launch rupess pricing soon as "Indian" region has been defined.

Killing Machine
that's reasonable. [MENTION=135367]007[/MENTION] are you pre ordering before 1st feb? you might lose the offers
Yes, I will. Before Feb 1. :)

Pre-purchase Grand Theft Auto V on Steam

$39.99 for people from India. I have a feel they may launch rupess pricing soon as "Indian" region has been defined.

The below three retail copies that I bought recently had IN specific keys only. However, all are retail copies and not from Steam directly.

Total War: Rome II Emperor Edition
Resident Evil 6
Murdered: Soul Suspect

GTA V is the first game I'm witnessing the Indian regional pricing on Steam store. I hope what you feel comes true with cheaper games than ROW. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ Rockstar Games(Retail) have RGSC and not Steamworks code(s). Best to order directly on Steam IMHO if you can afford the extra. But seriously, don't preorder and just wait for the game to be out. INR pricing prolly is coming to Steam soon.

Gollum

Collector
^^ Rockstar Games(Retail) have RGSC and not Steamworks code(s). Best to order directly on Steam IMHO if you can afford the extra. But seriously, don't preorder and just wait for the game to be out. INR pricing prolly is coming to Steam soon.

pre order is total waste. If you need in game cash, you will earn it easily online.
GTA V is quite fun online especially when you have all or most of your friends.
I love team survival, it helps you gain a lot of money and everyone gets equal money so even if you die and just one make it to the end, everyone is a winner.

For more GTA V tips, contact Gollum :D
*i.imgur.com/Spj1Ux5.jpg
*i.imgur.com/WHAHEeA.jpg
*i.imgur.com/xM1rw4D.jpg
*i.imgur.com/OEVAlos.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Sm4X8NE.jpg
*i.imgur.com/LNiQqZ0.jpg

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
yep theyare giving SA .

- - - Updated - - -

Max Payne 3 team is developing PC version . GTAIV was a huge success on PC even after shaddy PC port . Judging by the Recent official Requirement and delay , i think this can be one of the best PC port of 2015 just like Max Payne 3 .

I'd say to buy from steam . Its going for 16 TF2 keys = rs 1700 which is 800 rs cheaper plus your are getting SA free . Also it would be convinience to play GTA online from steam client .

What's TF2 keys?(Is it Team Fortress 2)
How did you get that price??

Killing Machine
We always did have region restriction in Indian retail. Even if it was a steam key.
Hmm, did not know that. Borderlands 2 GOTY retail copies for 499/- had ROW keys and I've seen people trading those copies for huge profits when Steam had it for $60 initially.

pre order is total waste. If you need in game cash, you will earn it easily online.
GTA V is quite fun online especially when you have all or most of your friends.
I love team survival, it helps you gain a lot of money and everyone gets equal money so even if you die and just one make it to the end, everyone is a winner.

For more GTA V tips, contact Gollum :D
Thanks for the tips and pics [MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION]. :)

What's TF2 keys?(Is it Team Fortress 2)
How did you get that price??
Yes, Mann Co. Supply Crate Keys can be bought for ~$1.85 from the trading community. Steam China had region-free copies for $30 and it WAS possible to get the game for 16 keys via trades couple of days back. (not anymore!)

DVJex

In the zone
Hmm, did not know that. Borderlands 2 GOTY retail copies for 499/- had ROW keys and I've seen people trading those copies for huge profits when Steam had it for $60 initially.
Afaik it's up to the publisher whether to use region restriction or not.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
For those who bought the digital version apart from steam must read this:

*i.imgur.com/v3uiLYb.png

You have only 30 days to download the purchase and you need to store the download in dvds as a backup

amjath

Human Spambot

*i.imgur.com/v3uiLYb.png

You have only 30 days to download the purchase and you need to store the download in dvds as a backup
Cheers we bought steam copy. [MENTION=135367]007[/MENTION]

If get myself GTA V from flipkart(physical copy)
can I add it into steam using retail key?

I can't download GTA over the internet with 512kbps connection :(

Killing Machine

*i.imgur.com/v3uiLYb.png

Really? What a joke! Glad that we got the Steam copy and thanks to myself for being stubborn about getting a Steam copy.

If get myself GTA V from flipkart(physical copy)
can I add it into steam using retail key?

I can't download GTA over the internet with 512kbps connection :(
If you read through this thread, you will come to know how I was pursuing the Indian retailers to get an answer for "what kind of key in the retail box?" and finally since I did not get a clear response, I cancelled my FK pre-order and pre-ordered from Steam. As of now, no reseller around the globe seems to take GTA V (Steam) pre-order but that might change after the release. Retail boxed copies are most likely RGSC codes which cannot be added to Steam.

Top Bottom