PC getting off completely and failed to switch on

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys my friend pc is similar to my previous pc spec and its getting switch off completely even after the room temperature was 30 degree as its fully airconditioned.

I tried reseating the cpu as that could be the only cause of shutdown. Also it fails to power on until i unplug the power plug and re plug it in.

Not sure if this could be also due to gpu. its msi 5770. Its bit heated up when compared to cpu. I believe. but it was alway hot most of the time. But i had saphire which used be the same case but never had any issues.

Please help my friend to solve the issues. which could keep the pc running without any shutdown.

koolent

Youngling
The PSU can be the culprit. Try ^ and then tell.

It can be a fault in the PSU too as your computer is not powering on before you switch off..

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
it was working fine with CF with my sapphire. so worries on that. Not sure on PSU .But full off will happen only on gpu or cpu over heat.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
cpu-e5800 3.2ghz
mb-Asus g41 combo
ram-corsair ddr3 1333
gpu-msi hd 5770
psu-cooler master extreme power plus 600

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Its corsair value ram

Also its a combo board not sure if the overclocking is supported. I heard it can be overclocked but does the pc off for ram issue also

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ The mobo supports overclocking but as it's a cheap value series mobo so the OCing capability may be limited.

Coming to the Pc shutdown issue - yes, the pc can shutdown due to overheating, PSu issue or improper ram voltage - I've seen this thing happening with DDr2 mem modules before.

BTW, if possible check your friend's pc using another PSu, ram ( use a unused ram slot on mobo ) and gfx card and check his DDr3 ram module using memtest app.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I checked and the culprit seems to be MB as its not giving earth signal properly but the psu is giving signal correctly. Not sure as its in A/C room cant figure out but cpu. ram , and gfx not heating much as said.

Let me rma the mb and then get back with the actual culprit here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ if the earthing ain't proper you can feel a little shock when touching the cabinet with your bare hands or use a tester and touch the cabby with this - if the light on tester is on then the earthing of the room or the house is not proper - contact an electrician to fix this.

Top Bottom