PC game in rainy weather

Rockstar11

Technomancer
PC game in rainy weather!

Hi.

monsoon aa gaya hai.. i want to play game.. ;)
please post some PC games.

feature : rainy weather

Like Grand Theft Auto.

*www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/26434-grand-theft-auto-iii-windows-screenshot-walking-in-the-rain.jpg

are there any other games with this type of rainy weather effects?

Last edited:

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
not sure with the rainy weather but try playing witcher
the dark fantasy would complement the rainy weather

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Battlefield Bad Company 2...<Level 4 maybe>

Black Ops

And if u always want to play in the rain, try Fifa 11(u can also play in snowy conditions) ... :p

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Colin McRae Rally 04. Storm and rain in the Japan leg. It was grand!!!

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Farcry 2. Has awesome weather effects. Which I personally consider.. the best on PC.

GTA IV. Insanely detailed Raining. Each droplet will have a polygon count of 20. But, can be a huge system hog. Can easily turn into bunch of frames if ran on a mediocre rig.

Timeshift. Has impressive rain effects. But kind of a boring game.

StarWars: The Force Unleased 2. The game's first chapter takes place in storm. Although the game is mediocre, The rain effects and water simulation is pretty impressive.

SPECIAL MENTION:

F1 2010. This game is seriously one gem of a game when it comes to rain simulation. Switch to Hood or helmet view while driving. You will understand what I am talking about.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Outside PC Arena there's Heavy Rain for PS3. Although I have no idea how much heavy the rain is. ;)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ I personally think.. Heavy Rain's rain effects are industry defining. The way water droplets slide on the character's faces is just impeccable.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ You are correct there mate.The rain effects are meticulously done in that game. They are easily possible in the pc but we have to give some credits to "quantic dream" for achieving such results. Even tears and sweat are rendered to their finest.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Farcry 2! Has some really amazing weather effects.
And, MW2! in the white house level, a few moments after the nuclear explosion in the sky.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Although I haven't played the game as previously mentioned, I had seen some screenshots much before the release of the game and it was jaw-dropping!!! 2nd best should be F1 2010.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well Rain effects were pretty good in Far Cry and I must say whenever they used to come game used to become somewhat easy as sneaking is easy in rain but hey rain effects were damn good no doubt.

Sarath

iDota
Posting heavy rain pics here would stall the servers. The entire game in HD in pictures here.

Wonderful game though.

^ I personally think.. Heavy Rain's rain effects are industry defining. The way water droplets slide on the character's faces is just impeccable.

I agree. Its still burned into my mind. Its just wonderful.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I think by now, all of you might have played Gears of War. Now jog your memory back to chapter 3 "Downpour" and witness the stunning lightening effects and rain being rendered. There is a part where you can position Marcus below a railing which has a small flow of water falling directly on his head. It's amazing how atmospheric the game looks in that sequence.

Top Bottom