PC game in rainy weather

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
vamsi_krishna said:
GTA IV. Insanely detailed Raining. Each droplet will have a polygon count of 20. But, can be a huge system hog. Can easily turn into bunch of frames if ran on a mediocre rig.
The rain in GTA IV is great. Very detailed.

The overall graphics is perfect.

But the first game where I say rain was- GTA Vice City

IT had radical graphics from the rain perspective. The droplets on the screen effect is great :D

mitraark

Decrepit
Here i should mention , GTA San Andreas rain , although it looks quite decent , it really messes up the audio [ different outcome fo r different rigs what i've heard ] , it goes mute , sometimes only Radio sounds came , sometimes Train sounds[ wtf ?]
i remember this one lvel i was playing , had to go up the mountains with a bike , and it started raiing in the night , and such weird sounds came , i looked up the cheat for clear weather and used it :D Was really creeping me out because it was almost 4 in the morning , just couldn't bear all that :D

quan chi

mortal kombat
But the first game where I say rain was- GTA Vice City

IT had radical graphics from the rain perspective. The droplets on the screen effect is great :D

Someone atleast feels the same.:D also depends upon the person playing.
Vice city was the best!The weather and the settings was awesome in that.I have completed vice city twice!

Amhuinn

Right off the assembly line
NFS Series
Left 4 Dead 2
DIRT 3
Farcry 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I think by now, all of you might have played Gears of War. Now jog your memory back to chapter 3 "Downpour" and witness the stunning lightening effects and rain being rendered. There is a part where you can position Marcus below a railing which has a small flow of water falling directly on his head. It's amazing how atmospheric the game looks in that sequence.

:+1: & also there is one rainy level in GOW "Belly of the Beast"...
in that the water flowing from trees looks so damn real....

Far Cry 2 has another good raining effect

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know about the console version, but in PC it doesn't look good IMO. Hard to believe this is a 2010 game as far as rain is concerned.

mitraark

Decrepit
I installed GTA IV Yesterday [ when it released nobody had the setup to run it decently. Even now i have to play at medium High settings , cannot MAX out with a 5670 :| ]

The rain looks so good. This game would have been great if it released now , when everyone has a a good enough PC to play it. Too bad it could not get rid of its bugs and all.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I had played a bike race PC game.... I think it was "Moto GP 2".. amazing graphics, with 3 modes of weather: Sunny, Cloudy and Rainy.
Rainy weather was simply superb. Lightning effects were amazing too!

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Yea I also used to play moto Gp 2 on Pentium 3 850 Mhz :p . It used to take 3/4 mins to load a race/menu. :shock: :pullhair:

The effects were very nice and detailed, and the game was as easy as hell. :fonzz:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
The best Lightning effect I have seen is in the first Colin McRae Rally. It almost blinds you!!!

Top Bottom