PC Game Deals

bippukt

In the zone
Ya but many games these days need to be updated before playing to the latest version which downloads the whole game anyways, isn't it?

Yes, but at least with new games, the update sizes are much more reasonable. For Rome 2 Total War it was 2GB of updates. For AC4:BF, it was about 1.5GB. So the updates are about 10-20% of the size of total downloads. If you have an internet connection with 15-20GB of FUP, you can get the updates easily, but getting a full game or two will take you above the limit.

Max Payne 3 was the biggest culprit - 27GB of download!!! :shock:

icebags

Technomancer
Max Payne 3 was the biggest culprit - 27GB of download!!! :shock:

if u want to play/purchase online, u will have to download.....

if u cant do it, blame it all on indian tele companies, when whole world is upgrading, they r degrading (especially bsnl :/ ).

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
if u want to play/purchase online, u will have to download.....

if u cant do it, blame it all on indian it companies, when whole world is upgrading, they r degrading (especially bsnl :/ ).

Agree to that. Actually digital copy is much better also as you have your whole collection with you all the time but the biggest PITA is the download and we can't really blame Steam or gaming companies for this. When in some country 512Kbps is everyone's right and here we are paying 1000INR for it every month.

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
AOE II HD + Forgotten expansion on sale for only 4.99 , 7.49 [310 and 470 rs] .One game worth buying no matter what! Please buy and keep the legacy alive!

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Agree to that. Actually digital copy is much better also as you have your whole collection with you all the time but the biggest PITA is the download and we can't really blame Steam or gaming companies for this. When in some country 512Kbps is everyone's right and here we are paying 1000INR for it every month.
dnt u think the problem is people itself in india??

people tend to be satisfied as long it is unlimited.........

gameranand

Living to Play
MP3 - 80%
Tomb raider - 80%

Also How do I buy from Amazon Digital Downloads as its available only for US customers. Should I just change the country to US or they will detect it ??

Tachyon1986

In the zone
MP3 - 80%
Tomb raider - 80%

Also How do I buy from Amazon Digital Downloads as its available only for US customers. Should I just change the country to US or they will detect it ??

Even if you were to spoof your IP, amazon will still trap you when it comes to payments. They'll check the origin country of your Credit Card.

And no, they don't accept Paypal. Its best to find an American friend and ask him to buy on your behalf and send you the key. Its how I got Dark Souls for cheap.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Even if you were to spoof your IP, amazon will still trap you when it comes to payments. They'll check the origin country of your Credit Card.

And no, they don't accept Paypal. Its best to find an American friend and ask him to buy on your behalf and send you the key. Its how I got Dark Souls for cheap.

I have bought more than 20-30 games from Amazon for the past year. Don't spread wrong information.

MP3 - 80%
Tomb raider - 80%

In Billing address, give any valid US address. BTW, I think buying from steam sale is better than from Amazon.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
I have bought more than 20-30 games from Amazon for the past year. Don't spread wrong information.

In Billing address, give any valid US address. BTW, I think buying from steam sale is better than from Amazon.

Well, that's news to me. I had an Indian address so I guess that's why it didn't work. Thank you for the tip.

Also, visit *www.cheapshark.com , it shows you thr best deals of all the online distrubutors. (GoG, Steam, Amazon, Gamers Gate,Desura e.t.c)

Top Bottom