PC for web designer - Suggest One for 75k

OP
dotcommakers

dotcommakers

Journeyman
Re: PC for web designer - Suggest One

why are you hell bent on spending soo much for nothing?

Sigh, here you go:

Core i7 2600k @ 16.5k
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 @ 9.5k
Ok man whatever you say I will purchase i5 ok? and I checked eBay and local shop i5 2500k is 12k

Can you suggest good 1GB GPU?

Does this cabinet will work with above stuff?
COOLER MASTER CABINET GAMING ELITE 430 2.7k

Don't hate me. Can you tell me why i7 is not worthy? I just want latest configuration. I will not upgrade for 4-5 years. If i7 doesn't make difference in photoshop and multitasking right?

Edit: I saw reviews of i5 and i7 at anandtech ok it's final I am gonna buy "i5 2500k"

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

where are you from? cause your local dealer will surely trick you to get some bad items like a slow GPU or maybe an overpriced monitor, etc.

if you can buy online & get it assembled locally or SMC have some preconfigured systems you may look at.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Ok man whatever you say I will purchase i5 ok? and I checked eBay and local shop i5 2500k is 12k

Can you suggest good 1GB GPU?

Does this cabinet will work with above stuff?
COOLER MASTER CABINET GAMING ELITE 430 2.7k

Don't hate me. Can you tell me why i7 is not worthy? I just want latest configuration. I will not upgrade for 4-5 years. If i7 doesn't make difference in photoshop and multitasking right?

Edit: I saw reviews of i5 and i7 at anandtech ok it's final I am gonna buy "i5 2500k"

Well, the i7 costs 5k more, which is like 50% more than the i5, but give you maybe 10% more performance.

Worth it? Hell NO!

Now you decide. ARE YOU GOING TO OVERCLOCK?

If yes, Core i5 2500k ~ 11.5k
Then motherboard will have to be either P67 or Z68(check the gigabyte mobo I suggested)

If no, just Core i5 2500 ~ 9.5k
Now you can grab a 6k H67 based motherboard.

Regarding the GPU:
The best VFM choice would be the HD6850 1GB GDDR5 @ 9.5k

OP
dotcommakers

dotcommakers

Journeyman

Ok fine Comp@ddict.. Did you read about Cool master cabinet? does this motherboard and processor will fit there?

cheers

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
It will fit, but since you have a nice budget, you can as well grab the:

Cooler Master Centurion 690 @ 4.2k

Sarath

iDota
~Dont let the assembler choose for you. If need be get the components individually. You will save more money and also get better VFM in each component.

~If you are not into overclocking then dont spend the 5-7k extra.
Just make sure the H67 (non-OC) mobo supports 1600mhz RAM. I have seen people recommeding a intel H67 and a 1600mhz G.skill RAM when the mobo only supports max of 1333mhz.
You saved 50% by choosing i5 over i7 which is a good move. But if you use multithreaded applications a lot you are sure to benefit from an i7. Thats your call. If its VFM then i5.
If you are not going to overclock then get a i5 2500 (without the "k") and a H67 mobo for around 7k.

rakesh47

Right off the assembly line
Now all these tech pandits giving you good piece of info about performance and which procccy mobo and ram u shud buy, good if u go for core i5 2500k at 10 thousand rs and corsair ram 6gb 4000 rs with a good ASUS mobo.

But these people are telling you to buy the 1TB or 2TB HDDs.

As you are asking about good performance as a web designer, i say you buy a 40GB or more SSD(solid state drive) as it increases system/app performance by 40% and more. its that you have to invest a few thousands more, i suggest you buy this because, its once and for all.

Google how SSD are good in performance and find out how they beat ordinary HDD and how! SSD s are costlier, u can have 40-64-80-120-250 GB SSDs,

As u said u are a web designer , u wont need a lot of back up, and even if u need like 1TB or more, i suggest u buy and external sata drive.
MARK MY WORDS, you'll regret of you dont have SSD's in your system and if you are not satisfied with those HDD performance.

OP
dotcommakers

dotcommakers

Journeyman
Now all these tech pandits giving you good piece of info about performance and which procccy mobo and ram u shud buy, good if u go for core i5 2500k at 10 thousand rs and corsair ram 6gb 4000 rs with a good ASUS mobo.

But these people are telling you to buy the 1TB or 2TB HDDs.

As you are asking about good performance as a web designer, i say you buy a 40GB or more SSD(solid state drive) as it increases system/app performance by 40% and more. its that you have to invest a few thousands more, i suggest you buy this because, its once and for all.

Google how SSD are good in performance and find out how they beat ordinary HDD and how! SSD s are costlier, u can have 40-64-80-120-250 GB SSDs,

As u said u are a web designer , u wont need a lot of back up, and even if u need like 1TB or more, i suggest u buy and external sata drive.
MARK MY WORDS, you'll regret of you dont have SSD's in your system and if you are not satisfied with those HDD performance.
Hi Rakesh, I am Rakesh too :). I just read about it today :). It too costly and you know something I can afford maximum 40GB or say 80gb and this much of space is nothing nowadays for boot drive :)

It will work with Gigabyte Z68 boards where you use SSD as cache drive only but setup will be too complex for me and costly

But I am getting 2TB drive space I will do RAID setup instead.

Top Bottom