pc for Adobe Illustrator cs5 and Premiere?

realsuperteo

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys
my best compliments for your forum, which I have been reading carefully, but did not find a solution to my quest, which could be interesting for other users

which is the best confid for an office use, targeted to Adobe Illustrator (or other graphic programs?)
below details

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
Adobe Illustrator CS5
Adobe Premiere (movie maker)
Microsoft Power point

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:
pls provide 2 options: cheapest fast working conf (25k) good working conf 35k (escluding monitor)
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1T

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: have it, 24" HD. will use a second one, 17" (basic one)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as possible, my laptop passed over and can not be fixed (I am in china).

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Chinese assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Shenzhen, China.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: thank you for the great forum.
I am not a gamer but I read that Phenom II x4 could be a good processor for Illustrator (which has similar requirements to gaming. of course not as high as gaming)

PRICE: if I can make it cheap, I am happier, if I need to spend more, I can afford. Looking for best value for money.

thank you for your time

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Component | Make | Price(INR) Processor |AMD Phenom II X4 955|6000
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H (rev. 3.1)|3800
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)|1200
HDD |Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA III 7200|5200
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |FSP SAGA II 500W|2200
Case |NZXT Source 210 Elite|2300
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|700
Speakers |Logitech Z313|1600
| Total |24150

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^AMD Phenom II X4 955 is almost outta the market buddy. OP will have to go for 960T or FX 4100.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^AMD Phenom II X4 955 is almost outta the market buddy. OP will have to go for 960T or FX 4100.

Yes. I couldnt find it listed in any of Indian Computer hardware websites. Go for the 960T
check thislink

and also get a GPU like HD 6770 which costs aroune 6k here.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Shenzhen, China.
better to ask on local chinese forums for availability of components & prices.

OP
R

realsuperteo

Thanks mates,
You are great.
Tomorrow I'll go to the computer center and will let you know.
China is a bit different than india, and local forums are in Chinese, so out of my range.
I am Italian, by the way.
Have a great evening and thanks again.

OP
R

realsuperteo

I bet he don't have access to made in Taiwan Stuff :D

Luckily we can easily get everithing, and prices are same as in India.
I may have to opt for kingstine ram, but all the rest can easily find.

Today i was tok busy to arrange everithing, will have to postpone to Monday.

If any more suggestion or request of explanation will come, it's more than welcome.

I will have to get something to protect my work from the continuous black outs.

dfcols71

In the zone
why dont you try newegg china or amazon china use translating software
the prices are a bit cheaper than in india moreover you get quality stuff from these 2 sites
i wont recommend ebay china or baidoo you may get fake stuff made from some unrecognized supplier without any quality control

OP
R

realsuperteo

why dont you try newegg china or amazon china use translating software
the prices are a bit cheaper than in india moreover you get quality stuff from these 2 sites
i wont recommend ebay china or baidoo you may get fake stuff made from some unrecognized supplier without any quality control

thanks. Shenzhen is the electronic capital of China.

I have no problems in finding all the components in specialized centres.
Ther are computers paradises, shopping malls 5 floors tall full with all sort of goodies.
Problem comes when you have to ask for a professional advice: therefore you may end up with a completely bottlenecked config, or with components which just can not "stand" each other. Best case you end up spending 3 times what you could have spent for your needs.

Sales there just don't care nor know; last week they were working in a hair saloon, today they assemble pc or suggest the best config (nothing wrong in working in an hair saloon, if you are a computer geek).

I could have sorted out my pc in any case, but I thought this post could also help other users all over the world.
Many configs are for gamers, but for ppl using CS suites nothing specific was here.
Thanks again for the attention.

dfcols71

In the zone
try these 2 links
Media Editing Build - New-System-Build - Homebuilt-Systems
$1500 Build for Media Editing/Creation (some gaming) - New-System-Build - Homebuilt-Systems

Top Bottom