pc does not start.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonu_mittal1

Broken In
some times my pc starts and while playing games it stops working and get power off while there is light in board but fan is not spinning. some time at startup it works for 10 seconds while loading windows and booting it stops working. also now there is light in board but fan not working. my configuration
intel board 845
intel p4 2.4
256 266 mhz digital ram
intex power supply....
help me..........................

sakumar79

Technomancer
Check your RAM module for dust and see if it is seated properly. Then, check if all the cables are connected properly... Finally, check if your power supply is working properly through a service engineer...

Arun

ishaan

Padawan
i usd 2 hav d same prob long ago and as sakumar79 suggested, RAM was the cause of it

take it out, make sure its clean, put it back securely

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
MOST PROBABLY it is ocurring due to non-functional processor fan. bcoz as processor's temperature increases, the system shuts down itself to protect processor from burning......happens with most people.....get it checked.

::cyborg::

In the zone
yeah right clean ur ram gold portion with a small piece of newspaper be careful not to touch ram as bcoz of electostatic charge can leave ur ram waste

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
NO Ram problem, it just cant be, bcoz then the PC wont start even....moreover it wud give beep thrice (in case or bad ram), also even if PC starts and u have some bad RAM module then from my experience, u'll get BSOD after sometime.....

sms_solver

In the zone
it seems like u have problem with the processor or with its fan or both.

Remove the fan and processor and again put it back, if u don't know how to do it, then take help from the technician

One problem could be your fan might not have proper connection with the processor.

There is always light in the motherboard even if you switch your computer off. As long as there is AC power to power supply there will be light in the motherboard. It is not any issue.

player2k5

Broken In
i just recently had that kind of a prob actually my prob was a little different my comp wasnt switchin on got the mobo replaced a new 845gvsr everythin seems to be in place now :)

theraven

Technomancer
*IF* at all theres a hardware problem it lies within ur smps or motherboard ...
alternatively it *COULD* be overheating ... but in that case when u start it should show "recovered from thermal event"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom