PC Configuration HELP

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^With better IPC and power management features Piledriver series will perform better than FX series for sure.

Yes. Also look at the Gigabyte Ga-970-UD3 over the Asus motherboard since the gigabyte board has 8+2 phase vrm while the asus board has 4+2 phase vrm. Vrms are essential if you are overclocking.

OP
CarlonSamuels

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
and the M5A97 is the cheapest AM3+ ATX mobo with UBS 3.0 ,SLI/CrossfireX support and 4 Memory Slots.

Nope it has 2 generation 2.0 PCIe x16 slots,my friend is using it to SLI two GT 520 's

Last edited:

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
and the M5A97 is the cheapest AM3+ ATX mobo with UBS 3.0 ,SLI/CrossfireX support and 4 Memory Slots.

Nope it has 2 generation 2.0 PCIe x16 slots,my friend is using it to crossfire two GT 520 's

Crossfiring an Nvidia card ! WTH ! I'm sure you meant SLI. And he has SLIed gt 520, for what, watching HD movies, HUH ! SLI is good when you use 2 high end cards like gtx 680, gtx 670 or 2 mid range cards like gtx 560ti.
You should think over getting a good single gpu instead of a SLI setup with 2 entry level gpus.

OP
CarlonSamuels

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
Typo sorry i meant SLI

No i am not going to SLI two GT 520's i said my friend has done it.
I only said it because Arjun had said it does not have 2 PCIe x16 slots

OP
CarlonSamuels

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
ASUS M5A97 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

I am talking about this one Flpikart shows two PCie x16 slots but picture shows x4

yes x16 slot with x4 speed

Cilus

laborare est orare
Are there any limitations to performance if i CF with one x16 slot and one
x4 slots

Ya, you can. AMD Crossfire is supported @ X16-X4 setup but Nvidia SLI isn't. For that you need minimum X8-X8 configuration. So bare minimum is 990X chipset based AMD motherboards.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
X16-x4 Imo is not worth it.

Then go for ASUS ROG series boards otherwise be gone with a single high performing card

Cilus

laborare est orare
Asrock 990FX Extreme 3 is available at 8.5K in Primeabgb. That one is a good option if you want to go for Multi-GPU setting.

Top Bottom