PC Buying Guide - March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
1.What about the sandy bridge ? Should i wait for it or just build a pc.
I wana do HD gaming and am not in hurry.

2. Plz list LED monitors from samsung, lg, acer also.

3. Plz suggest tv tuner cards .

rajan1311

Padawan
1.What about the sandy bridge ? Should i wait for it or just build a pc.
I wana do HD gaming and am not in hurry.

2. Plz list LED monitors from samsung, lg, acer also.

3. Plz suggest tv tuner cards .

start a new thread for that dude, not in this place.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@vickybat
i am unable to find this panasonic TV review. anyways will add this when high end HTPC is finalized. i found SONY Bravia 40NX500 winning 40" best performer in anniversary issue. its at 69k. check it out also.

Jas just check out the user comments in this and this.

The blacks in this tv are amazing. Believe me i've seen seen full hd content in both the tv's. The sony one is an lcd and though its good it can't match the blacks of the panasonic as its a very good plasma panel.

Great vfm for any 42 inch buyer. The review was there in the uk edition of whathifi. Will post if i get my hands on it.:razz:

rajan1311

Padawan
I visited SP road 2 days ago, asked about the i7 950, price quoted was 14k+tax,so that around 14.7k , 14.3k is pretty good,which shop you quoted the price from?

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Ok then so here it goes..home theater enthusiast config -

AMD Athlon II x4 640 @ 5.2k
Cooler Master GeminII S @ 2.1k
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H @ 5.5k
G.skill 4GB DDR3 1333 Ripjaws Kit @ 3.7k
Sapphire HD5670 Ultimate 1GB @ 6.3k
ASUS Xonar DX @ 4.3K
Mushkin Callisto Deluxe 60GB @ 8.7k
WD 1TB Black SATA3 * 2 @ 10k
LG WH10LS30 Blueray @ 11k
FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.1k
Lian-Li PC-C34F @ 18.7k
Panasonic VIERA TH-P42V20D @ 65k
Logitech Z-5500 @ 23.5k
Logitech Cordless Keyboard & Mouse @ 1.5k
APC 1000VA @ 5k

Total - 172.6k

open for changes.
should i add a high end keyboard and mouse or not like Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000 @ 6k?

@rajan - *www.deltapage.com/list/index.html

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Great config jas. The Apc 650 va will do so no need for a 1000va ups.
Regarding speakers, the z5500 surely are great and has been a great performer for the last 5 years in digit mag.

But for an enthusiast grade htpc, we should looking for brands which are experts in sound engineering. Brands like BOSE , B&W , DALI , MORDAUNT SHORT, JAMO, KLIPSCH , MONITOR AUDIO , ANTHONY GALLO , ELAC , WHARFEDALE etc...

These brands sure are expensive but are best for those with budgets >> 40k atleast for the speakers only. And lets not forget that these speakers require an AVR ( AUDIO AND VIDEO RECEIVER) from DENON , ONKYO , SONY etc..

I will put up a pricelist of some models of the above mentioned brands and they can be given as an option with the above config for those who can afford them along with an htpc.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hey sorry dude , i missed the 42 incher completely. Yes, yes a 1kv ups is compulsary now. The panasonic consumes 350 watts so i guess the 1.1 kva will be good or we might check out some even higher models from APC.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
no need of higher models. we just need sufficient time to close the ongoing movie, the media center and thus turn off the windows :-D

what about the high end keyboard and mouse. check the microsoft entertainment 7000. also TV Tuner still left.

added the ups.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
yeah i know..thats why its a home theater enthusiast(excellent display, best speakers, fast massive storage, lifestyle cabinet). i want the guide to cover all the topics.:-D
moreover just see vickybat's post for the speakers he is going to post here!:-D.

rajan1311

Padawan
yep i know abt HT systems, here is a good buying guide for them..

Home Theatre Blues - Part 2: Things to consider while buying an AV Receiver

Home Theatre Blues - Part 6 (a): Choosing the TV

Home Theatre Blues - Part 6 (b): Choosing the Projector

Home Theatre Blues - Part 1

Home Theatre Blues - Part 3: The right speaker system

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
^Not really. The only info I have heard is ASUS and Zotac card being available for pre-order, for around 30k+tax. Makes sense, since Newegg is carry most 580s at 24k or more (direct USD to INR conversion). Unless retailers have finally decided to stop reaming Indian buyers... :D

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
I noticed another thing. You have recommended a number of good PSUs, like the Corsair TX series, running off an APC 1Kva UPS. These PSUs have active PFC and, given the price of the UPS, I am assuming that the UPS is not a pure sine wave unit. Will that work/be safe for the computer? Does any one run this to vouch for such a setup?

I am a facing a similar issue with my upcoming build, as I am planning to buy a Seasonic S12D-850W and would like to retain my current UPS, an APC Back-UPS BR 800va.

monkey

Padawan
pre order price of around 33k for the zotac iirc.

Zotac Pre-Order is 30.2k (inclusive of taxes and shipping). Asus, XFX and MSI have not even given any tentative price (asked the distributors in Delhi). ETA for this card is 1st week of December. They all are saying that maximum 580s are being diverted to US and Europe due to Christmas holiday season and India will get very less cards in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom