PC Buying Guide - July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I feel its not worth buying stuff like processors, GPU,etc from ebay. Not only that they are more in prices but there is too many choices.

PrimeAGDB and TheitDeopt and SMC International are only reccomended

^theitwares is also very good!

With all due respect to both of u guys here :) i would like to add and infact clarify a thing or two here.. :)

all the Online or basic shops like Primeabgb.com , theitwares.com and many more buy components from ONE genuine shop in Lamington Road, Mumbai and its name is ---> Cassette World India Pvt. Ltd its the oldest shop and im not here to praise or advertise abt this shop, but sharing with u guys here a real life visiting experience to that shop myself.. :)

I know its a lesser heard name, I myself was doubting abt its origin, quality and price facts until i made a visit and spent a valuable 1.5 hrs in that shop talking to one Mr. Nadim

Went there to Survey MSi N580GTX TWIN FROZR II/OC (800 Mhz) Gpu and also to buy a Car MP3 player (the one that goes into the cigarette lighter slot) and gets powered by it and plays songs using a USB stick..

Well, the guy named Nadim is very informative, gives exact prices and told me that his is the ONLY shop in the entire lamington road which supplies products to name-the-shop-or-online-site-and-I-provide-u-with-the-facts-&-figures kinda Bold statement from him..

His shop housed a see-n-touch-yourself kinda feel of hardware products, be it Antec LANBOY, LANBOY II, Antec 1200,900,600 Cases or the ROCCAT series of gaming peripherals, Razer, etc.. He is the Official Dealer of Antec Cases, PSUs etc.. and must be many more (showed me many things)

so, the fun part.. he quoted me a price of

1.) Rs. 27K for MSi N580GTX TWIN FROZR II/OC (800 Mhz) Gpu

and

2.) Rs. 26K for MSi N580GTX TWIN FROZR II (772 Mhz) Gpu

and I saw it in my own hands and NOT jus the Catalogue.. it was gr8... whereas online shops like primeabgb.com and theitwares.com quote insanely HIGH prices for the same components.... :-x
------------------

So,.... Just wanted to suggest u guys here that (if u are in mumbai) do not jus blindly order products Online, just survey. it hardly takes 30-45 mins wen u are in Lamington Road to survey... I am telling u from My own experience... :)
-----------------------

Just my 2 cents (but can be a Million dollar saving tip for sum1 else) :)
----------------------

CHeers n e-peace.....

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
what tacen is truly FSP and modular, i didnt trust SMC on it coz the pack didnt have FSP branding on it , so i bought vx550 from tirupathi. i dont remember now how much the sardarji quoted me for tacen , it was 1st feb though thats i remeber.

he had only tacen smps , i asked for FSP he said this is FSP. thanks for confirming cilus and vicky.

mujhe dicy laga tha thats why chucked it. but supero 600w is huge its like what they do to your car in pimp my ride lol.

i would suggest bottom mounting for it.i wish sorceror sir gets his hands on one soon.

venram87700

Learnin in progress
@ashu
buddy can u tell me exactly where in lamington road is this shop located??
is it bang opposite the police station or some place ahead of it coz all lamington rd shops do only one thing when u go and ask for certain things for the prices they pick up the phone and dial out a ceratin no on their intercomm system

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ashu
buddy can u tell me exactly where in lamington road is this shop located??
is it bang opposite the police station or some place ahead of it coz all lamington rd shops do only one thing when u go and ask for certain things for the prices they pick up the phone and dial out a ceratin no on their intercomm system
EXACTLY,they jus dial a number,good notice buddy..

Well,hv u seen primeabgb shop? Its jus further ahead of it,say 6-7 shops ahead of it,yup i know the police station,bt tat time didnt notice wether cassette world india ws bang opp. It or no,sorry, bt yes,its a famous shop,so js by askn,u can reach it :)

If u hv any more doubts,i will help u for sure :)

Bw,i myself wil be visitin cassette world india again,as wanna buy

1.) liquid cooling kit, swiftech H20-220 Apex ultima for i7-920
2.) intel 510 or OCZ Vertex 3 or Corsair performance 3 SSD,s
3.) panaflo/scythe/delta 120/140mm fans
4.) eSata docking station or eSata hdd enclosure
Etc...etc..etc...... N many more :p

Wil go next week or so,lets see :) but yes, from now onwards wil buy items only frm tat shop, other online shops js tak advantage of ppl lik us n charge us insane n inflated prices jus coz we r either too far trm mumbai or jus too lazy to survey lamington rd. Area jus lik me,bt my previous trip hs taught me valuable lesson:)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Ok now some budget boards for lga 1155. The newly released h61 chipset speaks pure value and is great for anybody going for sandybridge cpu's. Since intel has confirmed that all existing 1155 chipsets (p67,h67,z68,h61) based boards will have 22nm ivybridge cpu support, 1155 has become future proof and is a great upgrade for old and new buyers alike.

Check out MSI H61M-E23 (B3) @ 3.6k (smcinternational.in). This board is terrific value for money and supports all sandybridge cpu's as well as has support for future ivy bridge.

Post your comments guys.:smile:

Last edited:

venram87700

Learnin in progress
@ahsu
thnx buddy ill surely go there the nxt time im in lamington rd i did purchase my dell monitor from a shop opp the police station its called shree semiconductors they also have reasonably priced products bt i hav to compare with cassette world to see where they stand on the list so i think i was closer to cassette india so will keep my eyes peeled to look out for it
cheers !!! :D

@vicky gr8 update buddy will surely look into that m actually lookin for rigs to replace my now very old and doddering P4 which is 5 yrs old so will keep H61 in consideration bt as of now i dnt know the status of the availability of any sandybridge boards available in mumbai will hav to see at the end of this month

War Hawk

Right off the assembly line
Entry Level Gaming Build

AMD Athlon X3 440 Rs 3400
Asus M4a78 Le Rs 2650
Corsair 2Gb DDr3 Rs 1100
Ati Hd 5570 Rs 3000
FSP Saga 2 400W Rs 1600
Zebronics Bijli Rs 1000
Dell 20LED Monitor Rs 6000
Western Digital 500 Gb Rs 1700
Logitech Multimedia Mouse and Keyboard Bundle! Rs 550
Total Rs 21000

Mid Range Gaming Build

AMD Phenom 2 840 Rs 5000
Asus M4a88T M Le Rs 4000
Corsair 4Gb DDr3 Rs 2200
Ati HD 6850 Rs 9500
Corsair VX 450W Rs 3500
Cooler Master Elite 430 Rs 2500
BenQ 22inch Monitor Rs 7200
Western Digital 500Gb Rs 1700
Logitech Multimedia Keyboard and Mouse Bundle! Rs 550
Total Rs 36150

Mid - High Gaming Build

Intel i5 2500 Rs 10250
Intel DH67Bl Rs 5500
Corsair 4Gb DDr3 Rs 2200
Ati Hd 6950 1Gb/MSI Twin Frozr GTX 560Ti Rs 14800
Seasonic 520Watt Bronze Rs 4150
Cooler Master Elite 430 Rs 2500
BenQ 24inch Monitor Rs 10000
Logitech G1 Gaming Keyboard and Mouse Bundle Rs 1500
Western Digital 500Gb Rs 1700
Total Rs 50100

High End Gaming Build

Intel i5 2500k Rs 11250
Asus P8P67 Pro Rs 11250
Corsair 8Gb Vengeance Rs 6000
Nvidia GTX 580 Rs 28000
Corsair AX 850W Rs 10000
Cooler Master HAF x Rs 10000
Dell 24inch Monitor Rs 14000
Western Digital 1TB Rs 2600
Razer Cyclosa Gaming Bundle Rs 2000
Total Rs 96100

Recommended {OPTIONAL} Additions
Entry Level Build
APC 600VA UPS
Creative Speakers

Mid Range and Med High
APC 800VA UPS
Creative Sub Woofer

High End
APC 1100VA UPS
Home Theater Speakers or Steelseries Headphone

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Found some sandybridge prices in my hometown(cuttack). Here we go:

i5 2300 @ 9k

i5 2400 @ 9.4k

They are readily available and are inclusive of taxes.

d3p

PowerHouse
Found some cheap H67 Mobo's from Online shops..[15/04/2011]

1. ECS H67H2-M3 - 4.5k

Link: Theitdepot - ECS H67H2-M3 16GB DDR3 USB 3.0 Intel Motherboard

2. Intel DH67VR - 4.9k

Link: Theitdepot - Intel Desktop Motherboard DH67VR

3. Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3 Motherboard - 5k

Link: Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3 Motherboard

4. Intel DH67BL - 5.9k

Link :TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Intel DH67BL LGA 1155 Micro ATX Motherboard

5. Asus P8H67-M-LX - 6.2k

Link: Theitdepot - Asus P8H67-M-LX 16GB DDR Intel Motherboard

Note: I will update this, quite often, so please check the dates of the modification.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Nice findings buddy. The gigabyte board is very nice considering the additional pci-e slot at x4 mode. xfire is now possible with basic boards.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ahsu
thnx buddy ill surely go there the nxt time im in lamington rd i did purchase my dell monitor from a shop opp the police station its called shree semiconductors they also have reasonably priced products bt i hav to compare with cassette world to see where they stand on the list so i think i was closer to cassette india so will keep my eyes peeled to look out for it
cheers !!! :D

Yup.i confirmd d address,its bang opposite d police station so u were preety close to it,

Wen u planning2visit cassette world?do letme know :)

venram87700

Learnin in progress
@ashu
ill see after the end of this month when i get my salary ill be buyin atleast the mobo and proccy (p67 and i5 2500k) then ill look for the other parts the month after .. i already hav a monitor (dell st2220L), 1tb hdd, sata dvd writer,with me now also i hav a steelseries 3H headphone so no need of a speaker set ..

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@cilus
thanks for the psu link.

@d3p5kor & vickybat
thanks for the price updates

@War Hawk
nice work but ups cant be put optional ;-)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ashu
ill see after the end of this month when i get my salary ill be buyin atleast the mobo and proccy (p67 and i5 2500k) then ill look for the other parts the month after .. i already hav a monitor (dell st2220L), 1tb hdd, sata dvd writer,with me now also i hav a steelseries 3H headphone so no need of a speaker set ..

Ok, yup me too buying step by step here... :)

so abt that SteelSeries headfone, did u buy i from the Office of Steelseries @ Santacruz..?? (if yes, then plz tell me how to reach them after getting down at Santacruz East by train) :)

I wanna hv a look at Gaming Mouse Surfaces (Those Glass etched ones) and also for a really good quality Headfone.. (wich one wud u recommend) ??... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom