PC Buying Guide 2013 - Q4

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Re: PC Buying Guide 2012 - Q1

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I couldn't stop laughing after seeing this.
Also Biostar can be considered its quality is probably more or less same as msi... :p~Joke of the year :-D:rofl:

Quality of MSI board can't be compared to biostar in any way.
Yes, MSI isn't good compared to gigabyte or Asus/ROG in case of extreme overclocking, but as we are creating rigs for home uses where any user will overclock, but that will be limited to 4.6-4.8GHz at max, where MSI will not work worse than gigabyte or asus.
And, Biostar is cr@p brand considering the quality. But we would mark the point that they make some good boards considering their selling price which is necessary for many users with low budget.
Asrock isn't that bad at all. Remember once asrock & asus were same brand, and asrock went in different way only to make quality boards with low price tag obviously which can't be compared to the quality of asus anyway.

Now another fact is, accident can happen any time with any board, regardless what the price of that board may be. The link we are posting here is from different reviewers who are independent of posting their own opinion about the boards which must differ at different places, and that's why companies are providing them review samples - to know their individual opinion & thus covering up the market.

So, in this long post what I mean to say is, don't fight the war of word between you guys about comparing the companies. Not any single company make bad boards. They make boards according to the selling price tag & also to maintain their profit which is also different for different companies. Not all the people can afford highest quality of boards and components, actually very few can. And this is reason behind the co-existence of all the companies.

Cheers. ;)

updated!
will post WS rigs soon.

Where is the latest link? :unsure:

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Yes, MSI isn't good compared to gigabyte or Asus/ROG in case of extreme overclocking,

MSI Z68A-GD80 G3 Z68 Motherboard Review - Page 13
HARDOCP - Overclocking & Conclusion - MSI Z68A-GD65 G3 LGA 1155 Motherboard Review
I incubated the Z68A-GD65 G3 and tried my best to kill it. I ran incubated Torture Test for 8 days and the motherboard did not fail. When I pulled it out of the incubator, there were surface component temperatures registering at over 175F. The board was blistering hot but still trucking right along. There is no doubt in my mind that MSI has built a very punishment resistant motherboard in the Z68A-GD65 G3.

Btw. why you're comparing normal MSI boards to Asus Rog series..........For extreme overclocking boards like MSI Big band,Gigabyte Sniper G1 is as good as Asus ROG boards

but as we are creating rigs for home uses where any user will overclock, but that will be limited to 4.6-4.8GHz at max, where MSI will not work worse than gigabyte or asus.
Your statement is 100% correct that for home use general user will use within 4.6GHZ.

Not any single company make bad boards. They make boards according to the selling price tag & also to maintain their profit which is also different for different companies.
That's why we are here to suggest only the performance product out of vast ocean

Extreme Overclocking Biostar TA990FXE WR FX8120 @ 8070MHz
[YOUTUBE]vXQmO9bNkRk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Now guys, don't get started again. Unless it is a recurring problem like Rashi & ASUS, please don't generalize based on a few incidents. No company is perfect, neither is any product.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

@ Tenida: I can understand where ithis is going again. I posted only to stop the hated discussion between you & lionking, not to fuel it up. :-/
Please stop it.
I'm sure about the fact that no-one visiting this thread want to see the prolonged discussion about whether MSI is good or not.

Tenida

Gadget Freak

@ Tenida: I can understand where ithis is going again. I posted only to stop the hated discussion between you & lionking, not to fuel it up. :-/
Please stop it.
I'm sure about the fact that no-one visiting this thread want to see the prolonged discussion about whether MSI is good or not.
Now guys, don't get started again. Unless it is a recurring problem like Rashi & ASUS, please don't generalize based on a few incidents. No company is perfect, neither is any product.

Edited the post already ;)

Cilus

laborare est orare

Guys Cool off now. I think the links provided by SKUD made it clear that the problem was with the software, not with the Hardware quality and Tenida's link of the performance of the MSI boards actually made it clear. So MSI is gonna stay in our PC Buying Guide, if You have personal grudge then don't buy it but also don't suggest not to include it. Done.

D6bgm's post makes perfect sense here, we are not making rigs for 6 GHz+ overclocking all the time, 95% of the home users never cross 5 GHz barrier and tell me how many of you guys have pushed even that far?

Our suggestions are based on a good product, irrespective of the Company which made it. I know BIOSTAR doesn't have as good quality as the big brothers but couple of their boards are really strong in performance. So we're gonna suggest them. BIOSTAR TZ68K+ and 990FXE are the perfect example of it. From now on, no more "Don't suggest X brand components"

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

And, Biostar is cr@p brand considering the quality.

Now, does amount of phases have everything to do with a motherboard? Usually, but this is where brand name gets taken into account. For example, The majority of 2010-released MSI AMD motherboards with 4+1 phase or similar, heatsinked or not, were far from good quality. This is due to the utilisation of transistors that may not be properly rated, and driver chips not properly rated. However, take the Biostar TA890FXE, it comes with a similar 4+2 power phase. High amperage rating per transistor; completely rock-solid.

About VRMs & Mosfets / Motherboard Safety with 125W+ TDP processors

[gs]0Avoxk_HEpJEbdDYyU3BOenBQRWhSdkpKejFwQzBUTXc[/gs]

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

I would like to list the manufacturers that the thread will suggest in this post, so if I miss any brands, please do tell me.

Gigabyte //UD3 and UD4 is not a gimmick. PCB quality in the low-end is actually as good as its mid-range counterpart.
MSI //The quality of the boards is very good in terms of price to performance
Asrock //These guys have the best mobo design team IMHO. Best features for the price.
Biostar

Unsure:

ECS
Jetway
Assus (double s on purpose. I hope we are not including this brand)

BTW is EVGA still selling mobos here?

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

the boards mentioned above in spreadsheet will never be mentioned here or their revisions after proper research will be mentioned, example Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H (rev. 3.1).

Cilus

laborare est orare

JAS, regarding the 53K config based on Phenom II X6 109T I have two different type of suggestions for you.
1st One: Provide a better motherboard with slight increase in price:

BIOSTAR TA990FXE Motherboard @ 8.5K. Armed with 990FX chipset, 3 PCI Express X16 slots @ X16-X16-X4 setting, this board actually offers tremendous value for money. Also all the reviews for this board is actually positive, so no need to start the fight again :)

Here are the two reviews:
Biostar TA990FXE AM3+ Review - Page 1/13 | techPowerUp
BIOSTAR TA990FXE AMD 990FX Motherboard Review - BIOSTAR TA990FXE - Legit Reviews

Check it and you'll find it is a definite recommendation over the Asus board.

2nd one: Suggest a little cheaper motherboard and upgrade the Graphics card to a GTX 560 Ti level, I guess stock versions are available around 13K.

So
Phenom II X6 1090T BE @ 8.8K
ASUS M5A97 AM3+ @ 6.6K (Flipkart: ASUS M5A97 Motherboard: Motherboard)
Palit GTX 560 Ti 1 GB GDDR5 @ 13.46K (Palit NVIDIA Geforce GTX560 Ti 1GB 256 bit GDDR5 Graphic Card -)

What do you say?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Check out the price - LG BH12LS38 Optical Media - Internal SATA 12x Super Multi Blue LightScribe - LG Electronics IN

Top Bottom