PC Buying Guide 2011- Q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3p

PowerHouse
@Jas: I think it will be good idea, if we can add OS & MS Office in most of the RIG's. Atleast in the Optional Part, it should be included.

@Others: Feel free to comment.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ lol...no use as I think most guiz are pirates. :p

Those who'll be buying Windows and MS Office, would obviously keep a separate budget.

Personally, I use LibreOffice. It's free.

d3p

PowerHouse
^ Yes, that's true, but lets be the change & suggest them. Who know, we may end up changing the forum members attitude towards pirated OS/SW's atleast.

I feel the OS is a main Part just like any other Components, so why not to be suggested.

jabber

Broken In

Those who'll be buying Windows and MS Office, would obviously keep a separate budget.

True 90 % in India will use pirated stuff so adding will not make sense. ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
even if the pc is assembled by some local assembler, he'll load a ton of pirated crapware when better free alternates are available.

d3p

PowerHouse
True 90 % in India will use pirated stuff so adding will not make sense. ;)

I wouldn't have said this, but i think the statistics mentioned by you is completely wrong.

OT:
99% of the Schools, Colleges, Research Labs, Hospitals, Railway Stations, Banks & Govt Offices are running with Genuine OS.

100% of the Private, Public Sector or Limited Companies are running with Genuine OS. If they are not running, then they must be well aware of the fact, what can be the worse situation.

Now coming to the general Public.

Most of the Laptop users [purchased within two-three year] are having Genuine OS ~ 60-70%.

Most of the Net Cafe's running in NCR are bound to have their Net Cafe Registered & have to use Genuine SW's or OS.

Lot of User are also big fan of Linux & other distros ~ 35-40%.

Now only the people left out in Small cities, villages or even people like us who wants to save money they use such methods.

One more thing, Un-Knowingly you use Pirated stuffs, to make money or save money that also is a crime, but when you do the same knowingly then it becomes a great crime.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
There are better alternative for everything except MS Office & Windows. ;)
OpenOffice.org for office :p
Linuz for windows :))

I wouldn't have said this, but i think the statistics mentioned by you is completely wrong.

OT:
99% of the Schools, Colleges, Research Labs, Hospitals, Railway Stations, Banks & Govt Offices are running with Genuine OS.

100% of the Private, Public Sector or Limited Companies are running with Genuine OS. If they are not running, then they must be well aware of the fact, what can be the worse situation.

Now coming to the general Public.

Most of the Laptop users [purchased within two-three year] are having Genuine OS ~ 60-70%.

Most of the Net Cafe's running in NCR are bound to have their Net Cafe Registered & have to use Genuine SW's or OS.

Lot of User are also big fan of Linux & other distros ~ 35-40%.

Now only the people left out in Small cities, villages or even people like us who wants to save money they use such methods.

One more thing, Un-Knowingly you use Pirated stuffs, to make money or save money that also is a crime, but when you do the same knowingly then it becomes a great crime.
Never seen a net cafe or school with genuine OS.... :rolleyes:

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ Yeah in case of school or college they order branded PC's / AIO from the OEM's like HP, IBM or DELL, which by default includes a genuine OS.

Now, if you visit any Net Cafe's in NCR Cities, you need to write your name in a register & later will be fed inside few Cyber Cafe Management Sw's, which is not only limited to papers these day.

So you perform some illegal activities like sending a Threatening E-Mail to India's President or hacking some banks, then it helps them to track.

We download copyrighted materials using torrent, but still no one questions us & we are least bothered about it. But there are few incidents where the person had got a ban from the ISP for few days. All these happened in India & we should be aware of this.

I don't know who many of us has faced this problems, Pay a visit to US & carry a laptop with Pirated Stuff loaded, then you will feel the heat.

Stay Alert.....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
d3p5kor said:
Pay a visit to US & carry a laptop with Pirated Stuff loaded, then you will feel the heat.
[OFFTOPIC}

IF the Operating System is *ahem ahem*
Whats the risk?

SOrry for offtopic mods. COuldnt stop myself from posting this

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Me too. :razz:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ Yes, that's true, but lets be the change & suggest them. Who know, we may end up changing the forum members attitude towards pirated OS/SW's atleast.

I feel the OS is a main Part just like any other Components, so why not to be suggested.

But its very hard to change the attitude. :cool:

For me, as a student partner of MSDN from our collage, I've access to all of them for free, but that's just a separate issue.

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
its a little off topic but still wanted post here so that everyone can see this instantly NVIDIA's working on a new GTX 560 Ti w/ 448 CUDA Cores :: TweakTown USA Edition
Now I think the never ending war between HD 6950 vs GTX 560 Ti is gonna be end soon ;)

NVIDIA preparing revised GTX 560 Ti by VR-Zone.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom