PC 4 animation using maya

ajeeshys

Journeyman
my current PC confg is:
intel core 2 duo E7400@ 2.80GHz
4gb ram
Nvidia quadro FX 580 (512mb)
everythin fine doing animation except when i use motion trails...
it really become slower..

so am planning a new confg to do smoother animations.i mostly use motion trails.

Kindly suggest me a) processor ( am planning a Core i7 2600k ) below 20k

b) motherboard ( i prefer intel, now am using gigabyte,
one of my ram slot making prob
& one ram gone)
(below 15k)

c) 8gb ram.. (wat about a 16gb ram?)

d) power supply

e)cabinet n cooler things....
f) am planning to use the same graphic card..

thank u all in advance :wink:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Please fill up the questions present in *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html and post it here.

SunE

Professional Newbie
MOTHERBOARD ASUS P8Z77-V PRO 16854

CPU Intel i7-2700k 20935

RAM G.Skill RipjawsZ 16GB 7204

CASE Corsair 400R 5040

COOLER CM Hyper 212 EVO 2233

PSU Seasonic S12ii-620 5302

Total: 57568

(All prices as on flipkart.com)

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
the board n processor u suggested r well.. i ll consider them... i lik transparent cabinet.. can u suggest one 4 me?

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: maya 2012.. only animation.. i play assassins creed,princeof persia and age of empires..i ll play those games and their future releases, wont play other high end graphic games..

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:50k.. but if i can get better for more (60k) its ok..

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no idea

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: not of much use..because maya files r tiny..but dont know whether it need large amount of hard disk space.. 10 gb is recommended

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:i ve one.. 20 inch 1600 * 900

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: i am planning to reuse my graphic card n lcd display

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: may 2nd week 2012

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: i built 2 previous PC s .. dont need assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:chennai..planning to get locally.. if not available i ll look online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: wat is overclocking..

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
These are what I find the best cabinets with side panel:

Flipkart: Cooler Master Elite 430 Black Mid Tower Cabinet: Cabinet

Flipkart: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition Mid Tower Cabinet: Cabinet

Flipkart: Cooler Master Enforcer Mid Tower Cabinet: Cabinet

Flipkart: Thermaltake Armor + MX Mid Tower Cabinet: Cabinet

Choose whichever you like best. Also you can even check out the entire range
Cabinets Price List India: Computer Components: Flipkart.com

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: wat is overclocking..

Overclocking means manually increasing the frequency(i.e. speed) of the CPU or GPU to make it perform faster than what it came out of the box. Overclocking helps you to extract more performance from your parts.

Also do you like the RAM or not and do you need a Hard drive too?

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
am sorry, i don need a hard drive but need a ram... i ve told it in my post early..
thank u:wink:

woow the cabis r lookin awesome... hope it ll helps my pc stay cool in this hot n humid chennai city..i don ve ac in my room.. if its tough for pc i ve to look a cooler(fan lik thing) atleast i guess..

Cooler Master Enforcer Mid Tower Cabinet

Flipkart: Cooler Master Enforcer Mid Tower Cabinet: Cabinet

i lik this one.. can i fix a ASUS P8Z77-V PRO 16854 (motherboard i prefer) into it? becau it is given as Suitable for microATX, ATX Motherboards

and if we draw more performance from our hardware by overclocking, could u tell me honestly will it affect them by anyway?

SunE

Professional Newbie
Yes the MoBo can fit perfectly in that case.
Slight overclock would not do any harm though high amount of overclock can reduce the life of your components. I personally think that overclock should only be done when things start to get a bit old and laggy. As long as it runs smoothly with stock speeds, I wouldn't overclock.

SunE

Professional Newbie
MOTHERBOARD ASUS P8Z77-V PRO 16854

CPU Intel i7-2700k 20935

RAM G.Skill RipjawsZ 16GB 7204

CASE Corsair 400R 5040

COOLER CM Hyper 212 EVO 2233

PSU Seasonic S12ii-620 5302

Total: 57568

(All prices as on flipkart.com)

Duh..!! :mrgreen:

If you want 8GB then go for G.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz 8GB DDR3(4GBx2) for Rs 3552 from flipkart.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Yes they are. It'll now hopefully be launched on 23rd April abroad and should be available in India within a month.

Hey if you haven't yet bought the cabinet then these two are also really good options:

NZXT LEXA S

NZXT GUARDUAN 921

Personally I like both of them but thinking about buying the 1st one(but the 2nd one was my first love :p)

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
3930k + X79 UD3 + NZXT Tempest 410 + Seasonic 750W + 16GB = ~70k

Point is... if ure spending so much why not get a proper Workstation on Intel X79 platform just for a little more??!

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
i don know wat is the performan differnce n their components bet this workstation n system.. can u pl explain me?

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
when is INTEL releasing is new processor?

Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz

is this better option?
suggest me soon..

dfcols71

In the zone
if you want i7 3770k go with the suggestion suggested by sune for i7 3770k you increase your budget by 200rs and get it from here but beware of heating if you overclock >4.6ghz
[dp] Exclusive ! -Intel IVY Bridge Processors & Supporting Motherboards available now on Pre Order - systembuilder - TechEnclave

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO this motherboard i ve choosen early... can IB processors fit into it?
i found some people ve RAM issues wih new config (IB n combo moherboards with their voltage n frequency)
can somebod explain wat is that n wat should i get(RAM)

Last edited:
Top Bottom