Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Hi,
ive gone through many threads in this forum about Paypal and also Ico's '[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards' thread,very informative thread i must say.So my question is -can i register on paypal using a Axis bank debit card?,because i found it confusing where it says that 'it works as a funding source'.
or should i need to take Virtual credit card,(no clue about it lol)?
Currently i have a SBI Maestro card and a PAN card and i recently found out that i cant use it for registering paypal.lol,also, i cant afford a credit card.thanks.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yes, you can register on Paypal with your Axis Bank debit card. You'll be able to verify and activate your account too, you'll be able to receive payments from overseas or anywhere else, but the thing which you won't be able to do is purchasing anything via Paypal. You MUST have a CC for that, no VCC or anything else will work.

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
^thanks for the reply.one more question.What axis debit card should i opt for-like platinum,gold etc?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
That depends on you. I had a Gold card, but I don't know the differences between a Gold vs Platinum vs Prime card. Before applying check all of'em in their website, that might give you some idea.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Technically AFAIK you don't need debit card to register.. You can register.. but outgoing :lol: (I mean purchasing) will not be activated unless you add & verify that credit card.... even receiving will be off until you verify your account number..

I don't remember but logically that should be right..

saifi2649

Broken In
Technically AFAIK you don't need debit card to register.. You can register.. but outgoing :lol: (I mean purchasing) will not be activated unless you add & verify that credit card.... even receiving will be off until you verify your account number..

I don't remember but logically that should be right..
right. i have a paypal account. all u need is a pan card and bank account, well you cannot send money or purchase anything unless u attached a credit card. (sorry for my english)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have added my Axis Debit Card(Master) to PayPal and can purchase stuff from international sites too. and my PP account is verified.

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
^Thanks:).2 yrs' a lot of time.Searched quite a bit and found out that people had some luck with axis master/visa,also somebodys visa card didnt work.Can anyone confirm me on this?i might as well call them(axis bank),dunno if they know about the paypal thing.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I first registered back in 2008, but for testing I created another account just 7/8 months back.
Believe me, I tried my arse off to somehow get working the Axis Debit card as its the only secured option to purchase from international Ebay but I just couldn't. Then did a Google search, which clearly told me that NO Debit card will work in Paypal for any purchase. So, anyone, for whom a debit card worked, be it of any bank, is REALLY lucky.

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Hi,
i went to axis bank asked them to issue a debit card,but they said that i need to put 10k inr in the acc/maintain for 3 months.is that true?coz i got the sbi card without any balance.what other banks should i look for?thanks

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^nope.how about a students acc in axis?does they charge for it also?

debit card is intended to be used with a account. whenever you make a purchase using a debit card the amount gets deducted from your account. the minimum quarterly balance in Axis bank should be 10K .. that's the reason they informed you regarding 10K deposit. Anyway, for debit card you should have a bank account with money in it.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
if you want to use paypal then its better to get a Credit Card. for bank account you can open a SBI account.. only Rs.500 needed to be there in the account :)

Top Bottom