password protect folder on portable hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluby

Broken In
can ne one suggest a software so that I can passwd protect folders on my transcend hdd.

tried the truecrypt it encrypts whole drive , when drive is inserted windows asks to format the drive , neone can accidentally do that instead of mounting the derive with truecrypt.

so if there is any other software please suggest, using win7..........

just need to protect the folders so that when ne1 double clicks on the folder it asks for password to access.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
You may try this paid software folder lock. It has transferabilty option. The only thing is it copies some exe file onto the hdd and you have to run it to open your locked folders which are lying with flk extension.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
there always will be a risk to loss your data.
software gets corrupted password problem n many more ...
so be careful before what you choose.

can ne one suggest a software so that I can passwd protect folders on my transcend hdd.

tried the truecrypt it encrypts whole drive , when drive is inserted windows asks to format the drive , neone can accidentally do that instead of mounting the derive with truecrypt.

so if there is any other software please suggest, using win7..........

just need to protect the folders so that when ne1 double clicks on the folder it asks for password to access.

Truecrypt is the most secure. You can create an encrypted file container(Basically another volume/drive which is encrypted and appears as a single file). You can store anything there. I don't think there is any software which unlocks folders after you double click it and enter the password

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
Even I am having a bad experience with Folder Lock.
and for me TrueCrypt Rocks..

jrkraj

Broken In
Try USB Flash Security

Download
*www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/USB-Flash-Security.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom