passion Dvd player with usb and DivX

anvaralicp

Right off the assembly line
:p:p
I have purchased one Passion DVD from big bazar and tried with my portable HDD 20 GB formatted with FAT32 and it was working fine

Actually I have converted my Laptop HDD to Portable HDD, by using 2.5 HDD USB Case which is available for 200 RS

It is working really .. I have tried with 80 GB also (Only after formatting to FAT 32, some special tool need to use to format)

samfriday

Hi everyBody. I bought Passion DVD player last week and i tried to play songs from my LG KG200 handset as my handset is having USB port. But only pictures and sort length's songs i could play. DVD player coudn't play any song which are of 4 Mb or 5 Mb. what should i do>?

destined_me

Hi,
I burnt multiple folders with 1 movie in each in many dvds but my passion dvd player plays only first movie. Do we have to have all movie files in root ?
Thanks in advance,
Destined.

Update:
I tried burning more than 1 movie in root but still it is detecting only first movie. Any suggestions .. any one ?

Last edited:

sreenisatish

Broken In
No, the player reads multiple folders with no problems.

Maybe it is with the filenames that you use. Try to use uncomplicated filenames.Something simple - just the name of the movie without any special characters.

aminsagar123

Journeyman
Looks like a nice deal. I am thinking about ordering online....any idea how much time they will take to ship it to Jalandhar/Punjab.

Last edited:

destined_me

@ sreenisatish , kumarmohit
Thanks for reply, but I don't think that this problem is due to special characters in file names / multiple folders.
I used a DVD+RW to burn 5 movies in 5 folders, 4 avi files in 4 folders and 4 dat files for last movie in 2 subfolders. The names also had special characters like [ - _ etc. But I could play all the movies in my passion. But I've only one DVD+RW and rest all blank disc I've are DVD-R.. :(
Seems it has to do with DVD format - DVD+R / DVD-R. I am browsing the net for the same and will post. Meanwhile if u ppl find somethng, plz let me know
Thanks

mynnn2

Are you able to access the HDD by providing power supply using MOTO RAZR power adapter???

I bought Passion DVD player with USB connectivity, and I am able to access the files from external Hard disk (from the partition FAT32 formatted ) only after providing the power supply from my laptop. Any solution to resolve this proble?

Thanks In Advance.

balamurugant

I have bought a new passion DVD player from BigBazaar last week. Its not at all loading any DVDs or music CDs. Its loading only USB. I have gone to BigBazaar to replace it. But they told me that, give it to service center as we can't replace it.
Anyone please tell me what could be the problem with DVD player?

genxguy

Broken In
Guys is this the Passion DVD player you folks bought...

*210.210.22.235/catalog/48/482329CAE0B3014DE1000000A0330A03.jpg

I can't see USB port on front panel :confused: is it at the rear end?

destined_me

HI genxguy ,

There are 2 models of passion I came to know, one having USB port at rear and other in front. Think by now.. you would have figured it out yourself.. :p

Destined.

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
Hi folks, I just bought this player from local market @1450/-, it's about 150/- more than the price tag at Bigbazzar, it's got 6 months warranty.

It's got one problem though, video's over resolution 700x doesn't seem to play smoothly, and i think it doesn't support much higher resolution over 700.

And ya it's got 5.1.

GadgetGuru

Yes, It Works with 500 GB USB HDD also.

Hi All,

I also bought Passion DVD Player with USB on 19 th July 2007.
Shop : Big Bazaar, Bangalore.
Price in Rs: 1299
6 months warranty only.

It works with my 500 GB USB HDD with Power Supply.
I have formatted It as FAT32 using the tool given earlies in the thread.
*www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm.

Fallow the below steps for better results.
1. Do not connect HDD to USB before you power up.
I noticed, It hangs, or doesn't power up.
Better disconnect USB HDD in the begining.

2. First power up your DVD Player.
3. Now connect your HDD to USB.
4. When it detects USB. press Program button only once on your Remote.
This is mainly to switch to Folder list from File list.
This time it will show folders very fast.

It is always better to have files inside folders on HDD.
If it doesn't work. Power off and power up and try agin [ refer step 1. ]
you will get it.

This player can also detect multipe FAT32 partions.
But I have tried with 2 only.

a. Press USB button on remote.
b. Select USB from the menu [DVD / USB ]
It will display fat32 partions as USB1 , USB2, etc.
c. Select your partion by using arrow keys.

Then refer step 4 above.

This player also works with USB Card Reader.

Regards,
Gadget Guru.
July 25, 2008

URPradhan

Journeyman
After a +ve response from members here, I got my Passion DVD Player from BigBazaar, Pune last weekend for Rs 1299/-. It really rocks as it can handle almost all movies that I have downloaded from net :p But as some one posted the image, my player is smaller in dimention wrt that and its compact with enhanced ProLogic II technology. I have been told that its the new enhanced version of the player which was big in dimention.

Thank you

destined_me

Misplaced my Passion dvd player remote

HI,

Misplaced my Passion dvd player remote somewhere.. :x can someone please advise where I can get a new one.. cuz there are minimal buttons provided in the player itself and it is useless without remote.

Thanks.

Top Bottom