Palit GeForce GTX 580 (3GB gDDR5) @ Rs. 28.5K !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey Guys,

I called up Tirupati Enterprises and was just enquiring about ASUS enGTX570 DC II and MSi GTX 570 TWIN FROZR II cards then suddenly...

The guy told me abt this card ----> Palit GeForce GTX 580 (3GB) gDDR5 GPU priced @ RS. 28.5K

I was like wtf.. are u sure its a 3GB card and he said yes, I have this part number with me so u can google this ---> "NE5X580010FB-1100 F" so got this result from newegg -----> Palit GTX 580

SO, jus asking u guys, is it worth taking this card? :confused:

will it be an overkill for my i7-920 processor..???? or will it be future proof say, if i plan to buy a 30" LCD monitor and upgrade to i7-980X ... ??? or even the 2nd generation of i7 processors..??

Plz gimme an honest reply...

also...

THe price for Palit GTX 580 Sonic Platinum Edition (1.5GB) told to me (by him) was Rs. 26.5K....

so wich to go for..??? (jus taking ur comments and suggestions) :)

if you go for multi-monitor setups in future, Palit's 3GB variant of 580 will be handy....
for single-monitor, however big may it be, 1.5GB is enuff IMO.

d3p

PowerHouse
Its not an overkill for a 920 as well as single monitor setup. Games like Crysis Warhead was GPU killer & Metro 2033 is the new breed into those catagories.

Go ahead & buy the 3GB Model, its worth & much futureproof too.

But check for enough space in your cabby before buying this card.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Palit GPU have overheating problems. so, try other alternates. keep Palit for the last.

Wrong buddy. No such issues with premium cards having custom coolers. Palit custom 580's and 570's were extremely hit afaik with no heating issues and were good overclockers too.

@ ashu

Go for the 3gb version if you are planning to game at ultra high resolution i.e equal or greater than 2560x1600 resolution.

Believe me, the extra 1.5gb vram will come in handy. Actually gtx 580 deserved more than 1.5gb vram as its gpu core is the fastest and was held back in rendering at high resolutions for insufficient frame buffer.

Perfect for a nvidia surround setup.

d3p

PowerHouse
Palit GPU have overheating problems. so, try other alternates. keep Palit for the last.

@Sam: I have read some thread, where specially 8800GT were having lots of heating issues.

Infact i myself used 3 different variants of Palit Card till date.

1. 9800GT which is almost 3 years, no problems till date

2. Myself using a Palit GTX 570, purchased recently, no issues with custom cooler.

3. Given a GTX 580 to my bro again from Palit, no issues till date.

I think only few of the initial models have issues not the whole GPU line up.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Wrong buddy. No such issues with premium cards having custom coolers. Palit custom 580's and 570's were extremely hit afaik with no heating issues and were good overclockers too.

that was told for GTX460 also i think. & i can't quite remember who but 2-3 members had serious problem with Palit cards (sporting a custom cooler) which reviewers praised for their OC capabilities. so won't recommend a Palit card straightway. it is seriously advised to research. visit some more forum & check if anyone with a Plait card have any overheating problem.

@Sam: I have read some thread, where specially 8800GT were having lots of heating issues.

Infact i myself used 3 different variants of Palit Card till date.

1. 9800GT which is almost 3 years, no problems till date

2. Myself using a Palit GTX 570, purchased recently, no issues with custom cooler.

3. Given a GTX 580 to my bro again from Palit, no issues till date.

I think only few of the initial models have issues not the whole GPU line up.

looks like Palit fixed the problem or maybe fixed their cooler. the problem was with GTX460 AFAIK. Palit GTX260 was the best but GTX460 Platinum or something was plagued with overheating problem.

So u had 9800gt before even nvidia released it....:lol:

:rofl:

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
first of all thanx to all u guys here for ur valuable replies guys.. :) really appreciate it... :)

Yup, i agree that the gtx460 / 480 (watever it was) was a heating oven pad.. :p after that things hv changed, so After reading ur positive comments i think i will giv this 3GB gpu a shot and buy it.....

SInce it will NOT be an overkill so that satisfies all my anxiety..

and yes, after getting this card, i will SURELY upgrade my 22" LCD to sumthing like a 28-30" LCD... :D

thanx all, also checked the card's dimensions on newegg.com, its 10.5" in length so tat wud fit perfectly in my CM690 case alsong with my Tagan 1100W PSU..

Will buy this card either this saturday (2nd april) or on Monday (4th april) from Tirupati Enterprises... :)
----------------
WIll keep every1 posted abt the progress
---------------

Cheers n e-peace....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^
That is one powerful accelerator. It will rip on 1080pi.

Enjoy it.

hell yeah... i swear.... :twisted:

will the 3GB help in nvidia 3d vision?n what warranty does palit offer on this card?
Yes it supports 3D Vision, read this.. :) --->
The Palit GeForce GTX 580 3GB GPU has its own lighting two fans. It is a dual-DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs.

Palit GeForce GTX 580 3GB graphics card features 512 CUDA cores , 783 MHz GPU and 1566 MHz shader clock, 384-bit memory interface and the frequency of 4020 MHz memory clock. New high-definition ready Palit GeForce GTX 580 is the support for OpenGL 4.1, DirectX 11, CUDA, SLI, PhysX, and 3D-Vision (surround).

Its 3 years warranty as told to me by tirupati Enterprises' person (I have good relation with him and know him personally) :) will double check again..

He said, the card is @ MRP of Rs. 29K but he will gimme @ Rs. 28.5K.. :)
--------------------

to ALL: so all of u guys here, wat u say..?? SHud i place my order for this beast gtx 580 (3gb) card..?? i will get it by tomo (sat, 2nd april) plz voice ur views.. i want a final confirmation and any do's and don't or anything that i shud keep in mind plz let me know ppl... :confused:
=====================

CHeers n e-peace.....

to ALL: so all of u guys here, wat u say..?? SHud i place my order for this beast gtx 580 (3gb) card..?? i will get it by tomo (sat, 2nd april) plz voice ur views.. i want a final confirmation and any do's and don't or anything that i shud keep in mind plz let me know ppl... :confused:

go for it. we're right behind you. :)

msaiashwin

Journeyman
Guys I have a ASUS GTX 580 directCU II. Though its a 3 slot cooler and occupies more space, it runs very cool and very very silent.

@ashu888ashu888: ASUS has fully re-designed the power circuitry of the card. Trust me Its VERY SILENT. Of course I cannot force you, the final decision is yours.
Even with crysis 2 at hardcore settings at 1080p the temps never crossed 71 degrees c. I feel ASUS is better in quality as compared to palit. Again the msi twin frozr II is very good.
Its for the you to decide now. I feel 3GB is not required for a card unless he is very much interested in multi monitor setup.

Just a suggestion- Before buying please consider the warranty and support and all. Being in India, I donno how is palit's rma support here. but asus is handled by rashi with whom I hav very good experience.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
=====================

CHeers n e-peace.....

580 3gb at 28.5k. what are you waiting for? you should have got it there and then when that guy told you.:razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom