P67 vs X58

Aj12

Broken In
OK guys, lets hear it...
I am buying a new computer as some of you may know, so I am looking at all these different websites about x58 v. p67 and they are confusing the hell out of me. Saying x58 is still a better platform and what not. So what should I do?
gaming and media playback at 1080p will be the main use.What are some pros and cons? What will be more future proof? I am planning to purchase this May and my budget is 65K. So what will it be??
The X58 or P67??
Oh and i may also do some mild overclocking..but its not a determining factor.
Thanks for all the help!!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
OK guys, lets hear it...
I am buying a new computer as some of you may know, so I am looking at all these different websites about x58 v. p67 and they are confusing the hell out of me. Saying x58 is still a better platform and what not. So what should I do?
gaming and media playback at 1080p will be the main use.What are some pros and cons? What will be more future proof? I am planning to purchase this May and my budget is 65K. So what will it be??
The X58 or P67??
Oh and i may also do some mild overclocking..but its not a determining factor.
Thanks for all the help!!

X58 motherboards are ONLY for older core i7 processors (lga socket 1366) whereas, the P67 motherboards are for the newer a.k.a 2nd generation of core i5,i7 based processors (lga socket 1155) a.k.a SANDY BRIDGE

NOTE: there are actually 2 motherboards for the SANDY BRIDGE platform,

1.) P67-(The Enthusiast version) which is the higher model, requires a Discrete (separate graphics card as it DOES NOT have On board gpu for Display)

and the,

2.) H67-(Lesser Performer version) whcih is the lower model, DOES NOT requires a Discrete graphics card as it has an On board gpu (graphics processing Unit) :)
---------------------------------------

If u planning to buy a PC or components separately and then build up a system and are confused to go with older or newer core i5,i7 configurations then firstly fill up the PC build Questionnaire (see the sticky topic) and then go for the 2nd generation Core i5,i7 a.k.a SANDY BRIDGE processor compatible configuration as these are the LATEST configs.. :)
--------------------------------------

Rest will be answered wen u create a new thread (topic) by filling up the PC Questionnaire :)
---------------

Cheers n e-peace....

coolgame

Journeyman
and x58 also needs a discreete gpu.onboard not supported.and if u are an avid overclocker,u will know how much fun is tweaking with the base clock(possible in x58.static in p67)

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
So other than overclocking.. which i intend to do
should i go with the the p67 since i want a future proof config, because i
read that it can support ivy bridge processors with a bios flash??
Any way the main criteria of my new system is it should be future proof.
so... should i go with p67??

Top Bottom