Overheating problems

shantanu

Technomancer
nopes i used the one that came in packing with coolermaster fan :( its a brown color paste with a every possible thing to have the paste on the HSF :) , but the temp is increased ! i did clean the fan aswell but just with a soft cloth, didnt go for Isopropyl things ! does that make a difference ? !

what exactly should i do ? go for MX-2 ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Yes.. IPA does make a lot of difference.. clean it with IPA. Then buy MX2. Follow the procedure to install it (a line between cores etc. as explained). It will surely make a difference. Be sure to also clean the proc. core with IPA. Thats the problem I guess...

vipulsonker

Right off the assembly line
Processor

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Manufacturer technology: 90 nm
Identification: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
Name: Pentium 4
Code Name: Prescott
Model: Family 15 model 4 level 9
Frequency: 3066 MHz
Bus Speed: 533 MHz
Bus/Core Ratio: 23.3
PCG: 04A
L1 Cache: 16 KB
L2 Cache: 1,024 KB
L3 Cache: Not available
Socket: LGA775
Thermal Design: 84 W
Thermal Specification: 67.7 Degree celcius

Memory: 2 GB

Mother Board: Intel Corporation D945GCNL

Windows:

XP Professional
SP 2

When I switch on my PC the temperature starts at 61 degree celcius while the maximum noticed was 67 degree.

the fans make a lot of noise when any big app is opened i hv nearly wasted Rs 1,500 on buying coolant paste which proved to b useless.

i live in dehradun where no body knows about such things as coolant paste.
the paste which i managed to buy 4m here, instead of cooloing shooted up to 78 degree celcius i noticed when a bad smell started coming 4m my PC and i imediately after noticing the temperature shutted it down i even managed to buy a coolant 4m DELHI which also proved not worthy enough.

my budget 4 a coolant is about Rs 1000 as our financial position is very weak please help me out.
tell me the name of the coolant and the place 4m where i can get it.

You can E-mail me at vipulsonker@live.in
vipul.sonker@gmail.com
vipul@iamsingle.in

:!:

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah you can use it any lappy ! just connect the USB to its USB (cable is bundeled) :p and its works awesome

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ Thats just only good to prevent any Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I didnt find any difference on my lappy, prolly because it never used to overheat :D.

And guys I have a problem; I have a desktop with following configuration.
Intel Celeron D 2.26 GHz - 533 Mhz FSB - 256 kB L2
ECS P4M800 Mobo with Via chipset.

My problem is that the RPM of my fan never exceeds 2800-3000. I heard it should be upto 4800 when too hot. But that isnt happening. No matter how hot, it doesnt happen. My PC never goes below 60°.

This thing is serious, isnt it?
PS: Man there are so many unanswered queries preceding my post. I have thin chances that I'll get answered; at least in time. Let me hope :D.

IronMan

shantanu

Technomancer
dude ! Iron your PC :D

well get some acetone or Isopropyl and clean your CPU , (just a drop will do on the hSF and CPU , get a Arctic Silver 5 or MX2 Paste and apply it on your Heat sinnk surface ! and clean the FAN thoroughly go get Rid of the MUD, then Place a GOOD Fan for Exhaust in your cabinet ! if you feel too much heat or noise, get a Coolermaster FAN for INTEL :p

arcticflare

Journeyman
Thnx Shantanu....
The cooler is available in every PC shop or is it specifically sold in a particular outlet. I live in Hyderabad and Chennai. Any pointers..

shantanu

Technomancer
you cool ! Chennai is the main dealership !

you might have Top Notch infoterics there ! the company that sells Coolermaster Stuff ! so you go there and get a (Cooling KIT) tell them for INTEL and your socket ! ( 775 or 478 ) or anything ! they will provide you with link and also you can get there HTk-2 thermal compound or Nano-fusion compund :)

if you want Arctic silver 5 or MX2 then Primeabgb is the dealership :)

iorhld

how do i overclock my CPU.i just want to know what maximum temperature it can go upto.the normal temperature i have noticed with SPEEDFAN at 50% CPU usage is 50 C.fans speed of 3000RPM and 1900 RPM.
my computer is HP PAVILION A1516 IN(STOCK BRANDED)
P4 3.06,HT
512 MB RAM
ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 (256 MB)graphix
160 GB samsung.

also CPU has 3 fans but i get readings of 2 fans only in SPEEDFAN.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
dude ! Iron your PC :D

well get some acetone or Isopropyl and clean your CPU , (just a drop will do on the hSF and CPU , get a Arctic Silver 5 or MX2 Paste and apply it on your Heat sinnk surface ! and clean the FAN thoroughly go get Rid of the MUD, then Place a GOOD Fan for Exhaust in your cabinet ! if you feel too much heat or noise, get a Coolermaster FAN for INTEL :p

Hey dude! Was that pointer for me?

If it was, i Wanna know if my fan RPM is ok? Even when temps are too high the RPM is around 2800-3000, is it ok?

iorhld

Speed reduction can also be due to accumulation of dust and debris over time.

thats not true.i didn't clean comp for 3 months and fans revved at 3500-4000 rpm.but after cleaning it is revving at 900-1800 rpm.also things are running much cooler.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
thats not true.i didn't clean comp for 3 months and fans revved at 3500-4000 rpm.but after cleaning it is revving at 900-1800 rpm.also things are running much cooler.

Once cleaned, heat is transferred more efficiently and the speed is automatically reduced. (Speedstp, Cool&Quiet)

Top Bottom