Overheating problems

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Well I have seen many overheating threads recently, so thought that maybe there should be a single thread from where we could solve our overheating problems. So if possible try to post your problems specifically regarding overheating of pc and its components here in this thread and help each other.
I did PM the ADMINS on this topic and they said that first I should create a thread then they would make it a sticky so that everyone could benefit. Doing as per their instruction.

Last edited:

hermit

Journeyman
I think this Will help most of them my earlier post

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26849

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Now Does This Thread Requires A Sticky Status Or The Thread Given By Hermit???????????????????

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Hi,

I own an AMD64 3000+(Venice core). Can any one tell me the safe operating temp for this procy??

Well, under normal operation my procy runs at 52° C. Under load it shoots over 60° C !!!!! Its very scary. Any one owning this procy please share your experiences and possible remedies.

Gracias

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
kaustav_geek said:
Hi,

I own an AMD64 3000+(Venice core). Can any one tell me the safe operating temp for this procy??

Well, under normal operation my procy runs at 52° C. Under load it shoots over 60° C !!!!! Its very scary. Any one owning this procy please share your experiences and possible remedies.

Gracias

Thats not the normal temp for a 3000+ Venice Core....

Its should be around 50° at load .....

Check the following things.......
1>Is the cabinet placed in a ventilated desk....
2>Are all the fans in the cabinet working...
3>Never run the PC without atleast a fan in the room...
4>Is ur cabinet well ventilated....
5>Clamp all the IDE/SATA/power cables to the side to ensure proper air flow.
6>Check the Heat-Sink-Fan assembly...If possible re-assemble it...and apply some thermal paste in the processor....

underearth

Right off the assembly line
i got p 4 520 it goes normally to 62 degree while working in maya...
i have to on ac for work..

so i bought hdd fan and one cover of my pc cabinet i always open..and now
i am thinking of buying some solid cpu fan advice me out...

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
kaustav_geek said:
Hi,

Gracias

Me also using the same cpu (overclocked) but the ideal temp. is around 40-42C and at max load around 52-54C. So I suppose ur procy temp is quite high.

U can check for these:
1.The installation of the HSF is done properly or not.
2.The ventilation of ur cabinet.
3.Clean ur cabinet and the components.
4.Also the if the room temp is too high this could happen but still 60C is too high.

@underearth
Well u could buy the ZALMAN cpu cooler CNPS 9500 LED. The best in its class. Also check the cabinet ventilation and hsf installation.

sourav

In the zone
i have a p4 em64t 2.66 mhz. My processor normal temperature is 60 C and on load it goes to 75 c.

When i bought my new pc the temp went to 100 C in 20 mins. Then i called to my technician he said there was a gap between processor and heatsink. But the paste which is used in between the processor and the heat sink was not used evenly on the processor, so i asked him he said it is all right.

Plese say me which I will get good thermal paste and should be available easily. Cost = ?

I it can be solved without that process, plz say me I would be a lot happy.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Well, Me too wnat to know the price of thermal grease.

Which vendor and the availability of it too.

My cabinet doesn't have any fans!!! I want to install a cabinet fan.Which fan - 80 mm or 120 mm do you think will be better suited ?? The latter overs lesser rpm but more volume of air.

Also tell me the prices.

Gracias.

underearth

Right off the assembly line
does ZALMAN cpu cooler available within india specificly nehru palace delhi..

or to buy it from net..
peace..

great reply...

sunny

Last edited:
OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@ sourav & kaustav_geek

You guyz could buy the Artic silver 5 the best thermal paste available. Check with ur local vendors, it should be available. For details of ACTIC silver 5 see this: *www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm Or else see this Antec thermal paste : *www.theitdepot.com/products.asp?prod=12046

Also this one : *www.theitdepot.com/products.asp?prod=10734

As for the cabinet fan setup, here's mine:
1> one 120mm as intake in front of the cabinet
2> one 120mm as intake on the side panel (directly blowing over the cpu and RAM)
3> one 120mm as outlet on the rear
4> SMPS fan
5> one blowhole on top of the cabinet with a 120mm fan.
6> the gfx card (6600gt) is cooled by ANTEC V'Cool slot cooler, for details see this: *www.theitdepot.com/products.asp?prod=10731

there was no option for fan on side panel or on the top for blowhole. I made them myself. Also u would be thinking that's a lot of fan so a lot of dust but it isn't the case. Anyhow I do the cleaning stuff once in a month.

@ underearth

ZALMAN should be available at nehru palace (one of the best market for IT hardware). Also if u don't find CNPS 9500 then look for CNPS 7700-Cu. If u want a coolermaster cpu cooler then look here: *www.theitdepot.com/categories2.asp?cat=1042&brand=187
The coolermaster products are easily available but remember they are not very efficient as the ZALMAN.

Last edited:

mario_pant

In the zone
hi..
i need some explanation on this CPUcool window..
what does everything stand for... what is the CPU temp and MoBo temp here??
and why is one fan speed so less compared to the other one?

*img525.imageshack.us/img525/1065/cpucool8uh.png

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I think the temp1 is for ur cpu and temp2 is for ur mobo. Also check the temp and fan speed in BIOS and u could get the idea which is what. The lower fan speed could be ur case fan (if any) connected to ur mobo. The other must be the CPU FAN.

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
sourav said:
I cannot buy such costly thermal paste and also which would used very little.

Did u ask ur local vendor for the themal paste? The on-site prices are usually higher than the actual price. So please check with the local vendors, u will get it at a lower price.
No point in buying cheap, unbranded thermal paste, as it may not work as intended and in long run may harm the component.

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
mario_pant said:
how much did u buy it for?

Well if u insist, my friend bought it "ANTEC SILVER THERMAL COMPUND" for me from bangalore for Rs.435/- maybe 5-6 month ago.
Didn't get it here in kolkata. Maybe u could tell me a place/shop in kolkata from where I can buy it.

Top Bottom