Outsourcing - Beginning of the end ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnivore

in your face..
Obama seems to have done it, well, actually close to doing it - nailing the big bad monster called outsourcing. Either this guy is on steriod or he is beginning to show that he might be just another Jimmy Carter in the making.
Indian companies received a bad news from US President Barack Obama on Wednesday, when, in his first address to the Congress, he said
that there will be no tax breaks to companies that outsource jobs.

This move, if pushed into legislation, will hurt India's BPO sector and if Obama lifts tax breaks, he will make it unattractive for US companies to outsource jobs to India.
Read on...

Pat

Beyond Smart
Big deal..Even with the companies having to pay tax, "Local,American employees" is any time more expensive than "cheap" workforce (India) + taxes!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
If you have a look at the outsourced Indian I.T Industry works, you will know how much innovation it has killed. We are not allowed to think of something new but only what the client has told us to do.

Outsourcing has its drawbacks, it gives lots of money but also spoils the mind & youngsters don't wanna innovate much.

Yeah. Its about time we started our OWN companies to use our OWN resources.
Indian IT firms are almost ALL service oriented.
I wish we had native companies in India like Microsoft which are PRODUCT oriented for a change.

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
^^ True.

After all, Necessity is the mother of all inventions, or in this case - innovations.

i dont exist

^^^^^^^^^
I wish we had native companies in India like Microsoft which are PRODUCT oriented for a change.

well that was the goal of globalization indeed and thats how the british got us
poor when they were invading the country unless we dont stop exporting products instead of developing our own industries our economy wont get better
we are so far only used as human resources for building their infrastructure abroad
while we work for less standards

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Remember what Bill Gates said when he was asked what he would do if US government stops outsourcing to max extent possible? He said that he would move Microsoft to India :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
We might also see more and more USA based companies opening their own development center's in India, which is good for us :)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Please don't give me competition. I swear I fear it badly.
I am already trying to start my IT business......and moreover I have no formal education in IT....please...please don't this to me

:D

nix

good for USA, bad for india. americans have realised that they should make their kids learn science and math, or the whole of india will be there one day.

obama has probably realised that and hence the cap on outsourcing.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User

i think, all are applicable only for banking sectors/financial institutions.. and not applicable to IT companies in US..
one of my friend in US told me yesterday..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^naah its the sh!t nobody cares, Obama did it just to get some lulz. Americans are still busy with sitcoms and all jelly beans.

I am yet to see anything remarkable from Obama :p

red_devil

Back!
obama has just said it ... nothings done yet...besides haven't our own BJP's PM candidate Advani's been saying he'll build a Ram temple in Ayodhya for looooooong time now...nothing's happened...

just like all auto walahs of all cities in India are bloody fleecers ... politicians world over are alike :p

btw,
Add me to the list. :D

arrey bhai log ... mujhe mat bhoolna :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom