outlook and gmail problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunak

Tux Fan
i tried configuring outlook to send recieve mail from my gmail account but every time the send email test is failing and as a result i am not able to get mail. please help. i have done all the things mentioned on the gmail site and my email ids correct. i checked by mailing myself.
HELP!!

tuxfan

Technomancer
1. What error message do you get?
2. Which Windows version?
3. Is it Outlook or Outlook Express?
4. Which version is it?
5. What's your gmail user id?
6. What's your password?

PS : You may choose not to answer the last 2 questions. ;)

go4saket

did u activate POP from your web-based gmail account. If not, just do it and everything will start working smoothly...
If u have and there still is a problem, just download the auto config og Gmail from there site and run it. It will automatically configure your gmail account in Outlook Express.
I hopw this will solve ur problem. Do let me know if u still have a problem...

OP
shaunak

shaunak

Tux Fan
i used auto config its giving me the same error ie:
send test mail error: the specified server was found but there was no response.

i run outlook 2002 on win xp pro.

go4saket

I guess you haven't enabled POP in your GMail account. For that you need to log in your GMail account in Internet Explorer, go to Edit Labels, Forwarding & POP and there after enable POP from there. This woill solve your problem...

jack// ani

In the zone
I also tried a lot to configure Outlook for Gmail pop access but failed...Although I configured in the way they say...also enabled POP3 access. But unfortunately each time I try to check my mail even the correct password is rejected. Anyone knows how to over come this problem....

Thanks

go4saket

Please check your Outlook Express version. Incase if it is anythinh below version 6, it wont help you with GMail. You need atleast Outlook Express 6 for accessing GMail account from it.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
if OE is connecting to the server and rejecting the passw .. i think the problem should be in SSL (or whtver) security. you need to check that SSL box for passwords ..
One more thing .. try Opera's mail client or Thunderbird for that sake .. just to check if something is indeed wrong at your end or is it just OE messing around.

-----
alibi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom