Optimus Black? Desire S? Galaxy SL? DEATH?!?!?!?

pentiumlover

Broken In
Nokia X7 is Overpriced at 20K . The launch price should have been 16 to 17 K . Add some cash and get a Galaxy S or Desire S . Its a thumb rule in india to buy the product which is selling the best .

Empirial

Youngling
Well....you mean price drop? And any idea when is Nokia launching its WP7 phones and are they gonna be better than Symbian and Android?

I've no idea about Nokia's WP7 phones but let me assure you that No Andriod Phone {Within 20k} can beat N8 & X7 in terms of Camera Performance & Audio Quality. If you can stretch your budger upto 23k then buy Samsung Galaxy S as the Audio Quality is as good as Nokia Phones but the only fly in the ointment is that it emits a slight hiss so if you prefer clean audio output like me then Nokia makes sense.

OP
MetallosaurusRex

MetallosaurusRex

Broken In
hmm...so Nokia is good for music and photos than Androids.

Do you guys see any lag in the performance of X7 if I am having data up to 32 GB? This is considering its limited h/w spec.

So now, the tradeoff is-good camera/music vs the usability of Gingerbread

Also, I read somewhere that you can actually fill up double the data in a phone than is specified. So, 64 GB can be put on 32GB phones? :-?

I've no idea about Nokia's WP7 phones but let me assure you that No Andriod Phone {Within 20k} can beat N8 & X7 in terms of Camera Performance & Audio Quality. If you can stretch your budger upto 23k then buy Samsung Galaxy S as the Audio Quality is as good as Nokia Phones but the only fly in the ointment is that it emits a slight hiss so if you prefer clean audio output like me then Nokia makes sense.

Apply voodoo fix for Nexus S and you will see what exactly sound quality an android phone within 20k can produce. Nokia phones are meant for camera phones, nothing else.

Do you guys see any lag in the performance of X7 if I am having data up to 32 GB? This is considering its limited h/w spec.

Also, I read somewhere that you can actually fill up double the data in a phone than is specified. So, 64 GB can be put on 32GB phones? :-?

Offcourse, be ready for lag if you are going to use Symbian Anna. Dont quote on this until you have X7 or X7 review unit. Ask desiibond, he also using a review unit of X7.

tradeoff would be goodcamera (Nokia) vs all (Android) :p

I dont think you can put 64gb on 32gb phones. If you found anything about it, do enlighten us too.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

I am testing X7 currently. Design and build wise, it is just terrific and nothing else comes close. Audio quality is top notch, so it the UI performance (no lag whatsoever). But there are some issues.

1. Price: seriously overpriced right now.
2. Battery: battery life is not that impressive and you cannot replace the battery (seals unibody style build)
3.it will lag with a 32gig memory card (atleast when you are accessing music or any application that will make use of the memory card). to negate this, you need to get an SD card with high throughput/datarate.

right now, I would either pick N8 or O:Black or N:S for a budget of 20k. if you can extend just a bit, D:S would be perfect.

noob

Cyborg Agent

using galaxy S here and no such hiss as you mentioned. Sound quality is top-notch..just dont use the crap earphones bundled by samsung.

OP
MetallosaurusRex

MetallosaurusRex

Broken In
I am testing X7 currently. Design and build wise, it is just terrific and nothing else comes close. Audio quality is top notch, so it the UI performance (no lag whatsoever). But there are some issues.

1. Price: seriously overpriced right now.
2. Battery: battery life is not that impressive and you cannot replace the battery (seals unibody style build)
3.it will lag with a 32gig memory card (atleast when you are accessing music or any application that will make use of the memory card). to negate this, you need to get an SD card with high throughput/datarate.

right now, I would either pick N8 or O:Black or N:S for a budget of 20k. if you can extend just a bit, D:S would be perfect.

ok...that was quite helpful!

you expect a price drop on that any time soon? also, how bad is the battery backup? is it like O:Black, which "barely lasts a day"?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ok...that was quite helpful!

you expect a price drop on that any time soon? also, how bad is the battery backup? is it like O:Black, which "barely lasts a day"?

not sure when the price drop will happen. it lasted till yesterday night (drained almost completely by 9pm) on heavy internet use (EDGE and Wi-Fi), connected to EDGE all the time and the widgets pulling updates from internet.

OP
MetallosaurusRex

MetallosaurusRex

Broken In
ok...I assume your phone charge was since morning. so with all the updates running in the background, 9 pm is okayish (not good, but manageable).

Also, how much a 32GB mem card with a high datarate cost, and from where I buy it? I'm sure the usual marketplace retailers won't have any idea about it.

So, I guess I can narrow down my choices to X7 or Desire S. If I want to buy for less, Defy or Wildfire S. Trust me, I really rough up my phones! The lesser the financial pinch everytime, the better! :\

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ok...I assume your phone charge was since morning. so with all the updates running in the background, 9 pm is okayish (not good, but manageable).

Also, how much a 32GB mem card with a high datarate cost, and from where I buy it? I'm sure the usual marketplace retailers won't have any idea about it.

So, I guess I can narrow down my choices to X7 or Desire S. If I want to buy for less, Defy or Wildfire S. Trust me, I really rough up my phones! The lesser the financial pinch everytime, the better! :\

I dropped X7 from a 3ft height, it fell on the floor and not even a single scratch.

you will need something like this:Flipkart.com: Transcend Memory Card 32 GB SD 32GB Class 10: Memory Card

not sure if this one is microSD in SD adapter as only microSD cards will fit with X7.

OP
MetallosaurusRex

MetallosaurusRex

Broken In
ok!
About maps, it says Ovi maps is lifetime free. But I still would have to get a data connection, right? Sorry for the n0obish questions...this is gonna be the first smartphone that I'll buy :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think if u install the some 96 MB OVI map pack then u can explore without data conection...but u will get just the basic routes...not much info...

Its always better to use EDGE with OVI maps...it works wonderfully

OP
MetallosaurusRex

MetallosaurusRex

Broken In
Went and had a hands-on experience of the X7 at Nokia Priority Store. Must say, the phone is a looker! I haven't seen any 4" phone which looks better than this, not even the Optimus Black.

Now, coming to the performance-The screen looks excellent and is responsive. QWERTY keyboard works well. Tried the maps, navigation and it was on par with Google maps IMO. I don't know which of the two-Google or Ovi maps, contain more details. Camera flash is good, pics are great (except when you click text/pages, because of lack of focus). Speaker quality is good and I suppose headphone quality must also be good (through headphones). Video viewing was great...the 4" screen is a joy to look at.

There was a sales rep. esp. kept for X7. Nokia are promoting X7 as a "Gaming Phone". Tried loading NFS Shift and it took a full min. or so to load! Thats the h/w limitation though...there was no issue playing the game.

Now, I enquired and kept on pestering him; got this info:
  • Meebo beased N9 should be coming in 1-2 months
  • The new smartphones would be based on Windows Phone 7, don't know when though

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Went and had a hands-on experience of the X7 at Nokia Priority Store. Must say, the phone is a looker! I haven't seen any 4" phone which looks better than this, not even the Optimus Black.

Now, coming to the performance-The screen looks excellent and is responsive. QWERTY keyboard works well. Tried the maps, navigation and it was on par with Google maps IMO. I don't know which of the two-Google or Ovi maps, contain more details. Camera flash is good, pics are great (except when you click text/pages, because of lack of focus). Speaker quality is good and I suppose headphone quality must also be good (through headphones). Video viewing was great...the 4" screen is a joy to look at.

There was a sales rep. esp. kept for X7. Nokia are promoting X7 as a "Gaming Phone". Tried loading NFS Shift and it took a full min. or so to load! Thats the h/w limitation though...there was no issue playing the game.

Now, I enquired and kept on pestering him; got this info:
  • Meebo beased N9 should be coming in 1-2 months
  • The new smartphones would be based on Windows Phone 7, don't know when though

1. the audio output using IEM is just superb. much much better than anything else inside 20k (better than N900's and X10's and O:B's)
2. Ovi maps IMO is much much more detailed and the drive voice guided navigation is unmatched. I loaded swype and never looked back at stock qwerty. Prediction is very good.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

long load time are mostly due to software issues. a new updated version should fix these.

The new smartphones would be based on Windows Phone 7, don't know when though

most likely November-December 2011. or Q1 2012 to be safe.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ and how is GPU related to loading time???
Loading time is CPU dependent not GPU.
My Samsung Wave loads NFS Shift much faster than my friend's Nokia N8.

Top Bottom