Opera Mini v4 finally available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The final version of Opera Mini v4 is finally available. So head to mini.opera.com from your cell phone browsers to download it.

OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Yes while browsing on my v4 beta 3, a note started appearing on every page announcing the availability of the final version of v4. So i downloaded it and currently posting from it. However i find it no different from v4 beta 3.

Upon downloading, this browser will replace the previous v3 browser (if present) while the beta versions will remain.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
some one please upload here.. thanks !

thanks guys.. i see its availble for free download from net

Last edited:
OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ It can't be uploaded as it is not one-size-fits-all software. It is different for different phones. Its best if you use your phone browser to download it. That way the site will recognize your phone and you'll get the version for your specific phone. Or you can go to the Opera website via pc, select your phone and download the specific version.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Got late... I thought of openning this news by myself.missed.anyway nothing new compared to the present one.may be some unknown bugs may be fixed.
I dont see any change.
Anyway what i am happy is i am using two opera 4...one final version and another is beta...yöü wont get chance like that.actually to say,i have three including the hacked opera mini..

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
yes, just downloaded, still not able to find out any difference from Beta4.......
i also have both versions on my phone, one is Beta4 and another is final :)

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Gigacore said:
^ what do u mean... is there any opera mini with tabbed browsing :shock: ? Please tell me if its there.
nah... he means, when u install Opera Final 4, it don't uninstall it's BETA version. So both Final and Beta version can co-exist on ur phone.

So, if u have multi-tasking phone, u can run both versions of Opera and navigate different pages.

Isn't it Naveen??

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
yeah... i had opera mini 3.1 and opera mini 4 beta 3... when i downloaded it removed opera mini 3.1 and installed over it... but it didnt remove Opera Mini 4 Beta 3... The Final Version of opera mini 4 ROCKz... many bugs in beta has been fixed... the font is awesome...

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Strangely, it still lags behind my phone's default Opera browser in the following areas

1. Multiple windows
2. Page saving
3. Text selection & search
4. Certificate management
5. Custom zoom
6. Encoding & security
7. Animations

If only they had provided landscape mode, it would have been a killer :(

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
This (v4) is one awesum browser... I just bought a new AT&T Tilt (HTC TyTn II), and installed both Opera Mobile 8.65 and Opera Mini 4.... though Opera Mini 4 gets installed thru java midlet app.. its working full screen and its better than Opera Mobile at rendering pages.... its faster too...and no problems with rendering pages whatsoever.... I m now able to use orkut extremely well rendered.... :) Couldn't resist to post a few screenshots.... :D

Tested Page Rendering Speed and Quality....(on a scale of 1 to 10; S=Speed; Q=Quality and Correctness of rendering)

My Rating (counted seconds for the page to render) on a 12 Mbps WiFi....

1) Opera Mini v4 (S=10; Q=8 ]
2) Opera Mobile 8.65 (S=8; Q=7)
3) Picsel Browser v1.0 (S=6; Q=10)= ==> This one is awesum but speed is kinda slow
4) Deepfish (Preview Edn) (S=8; Q=8 ]
5) Internet Explorer Mobile (S=7; Q=6)

Waiting for mobile Firefox..... :D

*img135.imageshack.us/img135/2287/01copyub9.th.jpg*img144.imageshack.us/img144/4530/02df5.th.jpg*img144.imageshack.us/img144/3365/03bk0.th.jpg*img144.imageshack.us/img144/6402/04ty3.th.jpg

Last edited:
OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
A problem i noticed, which was also there in the betas, is that it doesn't display smilies on the forum.

Another annoyance is that on my phone if i press the Walkman key or the activity menu key, the browser goes one page back. It happened on every mini on my phone.

Good thing is that they kept the ability to keep text in the reply field on forums, which is useful to quote and edit posts. They had removed it in v2 and v3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom