Opera mini 4.1 released...simply superb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Opera mini 4.1 beta has been released and to say it just is simply superb!..
Why?

Well now you can download straight with opera itself, no need to download with native browser...

It has inpage search...

Improved server response...time...nearly 50 percent better now!

And some more...

I am on gprs...can anyone post the link..? For the download...i think the link is *mini.opera.com/beta

Sorry if it doesnt work...
Try it..it doesnt overwrites the prev operamini...so go ahead and install...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Already using it since last night, just the speed improvement is what matters to me here.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Yes the speed has greatly been pumped up...
But one question...why is opera doing all this for million's of customer for free...wont thier servers cost a hell?

JAK

What the Heck !
Yes the speed has greatly been pumped up...
But one question...why is opera doing all this for million's of customer for free...wont thier servers cost a hell?

Hmmm...

maybe coz everyone doesn't think like Micr$oft(Billy Darling)..:D

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta

they get paid for every search you do through their browser
and I guess it's a long term thing for them. For example in 2006/7 10 years after the company was formed, did their balance sheets showed some profit.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I dont get you guys....
As per adsense rule you cant integrate adsense into a app.... So they cant get money thru our search...

There should be something...
Prev opera for pc had ads,later they removed...
Only thing i see as ads in OM is those default links it comes with...
Other mobile apps like mobispine...and others come with ads bloated....

Anyway OM 4.1 ROCKS!

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
As per adsense rule you cant integrate adsense into a app.... So they cant get money thru our search...
:) they don't use adsense. Opera has a contract/agreement on this with google. Google pays Opera for
a)setting google as the default search engine
b) every search . Its like some cents for every google search done through opera.
This even extends to Opera desktop. So if u want to help Opera, simply google!

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Wait prev it had yahoo as default...search engine...

Are you sure this is how they get money....?

If so i will search 10 times daily...

Thanks for the info dude, really impressed by the speed. Its way to fast then the NetFront browser on my W660i. And i love the transitions effects it does when moving between pages. BTW, i have used opera mini for the first time, i use to have a Nokia 3230 before and on that i was using Opera Full for a long time, its startup time was really long. But this one's is too good.

Pathik

Google Bot
Actually Opera Full is more powerful than Mini. But Mini works on almost every cellfone. BTW Opera Mobile 9.5 is going to release soon.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
It doesn't work with iPhone.
it will if they don't want it to not to ;). And it may if/when java is ported

and since so many seem to be using OM here.. don't miss 'Opera link' to syncronize all your bookmarks between your opera desktop and mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom