Opera mini 4.1 released...simply superb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I am waiting for Opera Mobile 9.
When is it coming?Any news?
Opera is taking more interest in developing opera mini than opera mobile. :(

anispace

dattebayo
i guess becoz Opera mobile works only on Symbian. so limited users.

But yeah Opera mobile is much more powerful than mini. Can browse just like i do on my PC. And with its awesome cache, even crappy gprs seems faster.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
With opera mini you cover a wide range of phone..so why waste time in dev opera to a particular platform? When opera mini now nearly equals opera mobile

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
It still launches the built-in browser for downloading images though. Also it gave some funny error while downloading from one site. So I had to use UCWEB. Didn't try uploading though.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Download the one with all certificates to get a smooth upload and download carried out!

Tips...
Prev to stop the loading you have to press right soft key , now it doesn work that way, instead to stop the loading press 'C'

jeet737

Right off the assembly line
i guess becoz Opera mobile works only on Symbian. so limited users.

But yeah Opera mobile is much more powerful than mini. Can browse just like i do on my PC. And with its awesome cache, even crappy gprs seems faster.

Opera mobile is available for windows mobile as well. But the beauty of mini is that it compresses the web pages before delivering it to ur phone. This saves the precious kilo bytes if u r not on a unlimited data plan og GPRS.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Replying from OM 4.1 BETA...

better clear the cookies..or try reinstalling and when it asks for use the data penn prev version... Say no and do a fresh install...coz those problem and all have been solved way back...

Or simply try loging in again and hit refresh...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
They still haven't ironed out some of the major bugs though. Like the inability to display smilies in mobile view, etc. Quick reply is still a pain in the a$$ as you've to reload the page again to view your post. Also I'm wondering when will Mini support animations. I'd also like the websites to recognize it as a pc browser rather than a mobile browser. Many sites like Google and Yahoo! display their mobile versions when visited through Mini (atleast Google has the option to go to their standard page, Yahoo! doesn't even have that).

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
replyin from om
OM 4.1 beta is kool....
it is getting till download page on rapidshare but still unable to download.
does ucweb work fine with rapidshare and 4shared

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I dont think so...

But new browser in K850 does allow to download from rapidshare.. .

Regarding the quickreply...prev it was great, you dont need to refresh...now its like a problem...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Yeah even the default Netfront browser in my W710i works with Rapidshare. Unfortunately neither Mini nor UCWEB work with RapidShare because of the download ticket feature (it needs javascript support).

Also I've discovered the download function of Mini doesn't seem to work with Airtel NOP. It just shows 'Error' when you click on the Save option. It worked fine with Mobile Office.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
:) they don't use adsense. Opera has a contract/agreement on this with google. Google pays Opera for
a)setting google as the default search engine
b) every search . Its like some cents for every google search done through opera.
This even extends to Opera desktop. So if u want to help Opera, simply google!

Thanks for this info. I'm helping Opera gain profit :D I google A LOT!

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
By searching through Google do you mean using the built-in Search box on the Home page or also going to the Google website manually and searching from there? I hate using the former because it opens the mobile version of Google Search.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I think since all our traffic is through opera's server...there is great possibilities they can moneytise it...
Even for normal adsense...search ecpm is very high compared to normal ads...

I support this kind of decent ads...instead of ads blotted software like mobispine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom