Only Linux distro that actually worked. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FilledVoid

when i try to enable restricted drivers . . it asks for gutsy gibbon dvd . . but its on the drive . . what to do ?

Try this first . Go to System > Administration > Software Sources and then Select Main , Universe, Multi verse and Restricted. Make sure that the DVD you have is shown as a source in the text box below. If I recall correctly that will cause to reload the packages list. Anyway after that go to System > administration > Restricted Driver manager and check if you can enable the drivers in there if they haven't been done so already.

F

FilledVoid

Need some help with Volume here. Its kinda low

Low as in if you move the slide 80% you cant here anything. Cause I still have this problem after recompiling ALSA.

F

FilledVoid

I seriously doubt that Pulse would fix that.And Im scared of losing all my sound and having to reinstall that I dont want to test lol.

Rahim

Married!
The Volume is kinda not consistent. You get the sound only at more than 85%. The increase in sound beyond that is too inconsistent. At 85% = Too Low. AT 100% = Too Loud. I use ALSA.

praka123

left this forum longback
exx_2000 said:
Low as in if you move the slide 80% you cant here anything. Cause I still have this problem after recompiling ALSA.
had u used alsa-source from debian or did u downloaded alsasource from alsa site and ran it?

praka123

left this forum longback
@gary:pulseaudio is awesome and am using it in my debian sid.all apps have audio working(although esound did that too!).
it can solve the volume problem afaik.for that use "alsamixer" in a terminal and try!alsamixer will show only pulseaudio. :)
@exx:try volume>preferences for some more options to increase,like pcm,master etc.

F

FilledVoid

@exx:try volume>preferences for some more options to increase,like pcm,master etc.

Tried that everything is on Max and nothing is muted.

praka123

left this forum longback
^did u tried alsamixer?also,if latest alsa-packages are available from apt,try using them!.afaik,with source compile,install method,u have to create a ~/.asoundconf file containing particular codes for ur card.alsa website does have that.check it.
with alsa-source,many semi-supported cards can be made as modules and a modules_image can be made for ur `uname -r`.

F

FilledVoid

Tech_Wiz did you try FC8 I just received FC8 on LinuxForYou and thinking of trying it on another machine which has pretty much the same hardware as we both have.

^did u tried alsamixer?also,if latest alsa-packages are available from apt,try using them!.afaik,with source compile,install method,u have to create a ~/.asoundconf file containing particular codes for ur card.alsa website does have that.check it.
with alsa-source,many semi-supported cards can be made as modules and a modules_image can be made for ur `uname -r`.

I tried Alsamixer and then only did the compile part. I don't actually recall creating an alsaconf file though :( .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom