One folder opening very slowly.?

xanubhavx

Broken In
One of my folder (with 9 sub folders) opening very slowly in my one HD's volume(34.5GB), i am having 1GB of RAM with Win XP SP2 and that folder contains about 10GB of data. Help me? :cry:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Usually when there are a LOT of files in a folder, it tends to open slow.
You can try to turn off indexing on the drive, and then segregate the contents of the sub folder which contains the largest number of files.

OP
X

xanubhavx

Broken In
Well thanks for your help guys, it really help me! but in the end i just rearrange my sub-folders to some different location... :cool: :-D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this sometime happens with folder with lots of images, songs and vids and if there's any app installed on the pc which wants to auto tag them - I had a large folder with lots of pics and opening that would take a long time as acdsee was trying read the tga/exif info everytime I open that folder - after uninstalling acdsee the issue is gone for now and I'm using faststone max view as an alternative imageviewer app.

abhidev

Human Spambot
this sometime happens with folder with lots of images, songs and vids and if there's any app installed on the pc which wants to auto tag them - I had a large folder with lots of pics and opening that would take a long time as acdsee was trying read the tga/exif info everytime I open that folder - after uninstalling acdsee the issue is gone for now and I'm using faststone max view as an alternative imageviewer app.

faststone is really a nice piece of s/w

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ welcome to TDF .

and there's lots of difference between one folder not opening and a folder opening very slowly and sometime you can't even delete a folder which is not opening at all ;-)

Top Bottom