One Android phone costs 10000. Another 45000. Fair?

logout20

Journeyman
No updates for Micromax Funbook P300. Still stuck on ICS 4.0. Need jellybean. @Logout20 do you have any answer for this?

Root it..but i dont see any advantage of jellybean over jellybean..i think its just marketing strategy to force the customer to buy new device...i'm happy with my single core arm6 1.5 year old device..it gives me 2 days of battery backup with a custom rom and kernel so instead of going to buy a ney s2 or s3 i got a new laptop and i'm happy with my step.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Root it..but i dont see any advantage of jellybean over jellybean..i think its just marketing strategy to force the customer to buy new device...i'm happy with my single core arm6 1.5 year old device..it gives me 2 days of battery backup with a custom rom and kernel so instead of going to buy a ney s2 or s3 i got a new laptop and i'm happy with my step.

Root it? Are you sure? Ok let me tell you Funbook P300 is pre-rooted device. And what you mean by " I don't see any advantages of jellybean over jellybean? If you mean jellybean has no real advantages over ICS then I think u need google it for info.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^i think he means that rooting will give u all the features of JB also he means that Google people r N##S releasing JB over JB ICS over ICS
LOL jokes apart but MMX did update the A110 rom but how that's a different story altoghether

logout20

Journeyman
Root it? Are you sure? Ok let me tell you Funbook P300 is pre-rooted device. And what you mean by " I don't see any advantages of jellybean over jellybean? If you mean jellybean has no real advantages over ICS then I think u need google it for info.

he he he he only rooting is not enough you have to install some custom rom....and about your second thing

its coming straight from official android developers website

"Android 4.2 builds on the performance improvements already included in Jelly Bean —
vsync timing,triple buffering, reduced touch latency, and CPU input boost {only if your kernel have vsync support..ONLY.for that your gpu manufacture have to provide libs for android 4.0 to the manufacture..but mmx dont have that much time for an old device}

read full info here

Jelly Bean | Android Developers

but to harness all those advantages your device should support the new drivers and google and manufaturers dont have time for optimization for old devices instead of that they concentrate on release new device and new os........ALL those true only if your device optimized for jellybean support..

effect of custom rom on my device battery

*i48.tinypic.com/33w05ls.png

1 day 19 hours still 30 % left after my uses.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
he he he he only rooting is not enough you have to install some custom rom....and about your second thing

its coming straight from official android developers website

"Android 4.2 builds on the performance improvements already included in Jelly Bean —
vsync timing,triple buffering, reduced touch latency, and CPU input boost {only if your kernel have vsync support..ONLY.for that your gpu manufacture have to provide libs for android 4.0 to the manufacture}..but mmx dont have that much time for an old device and adds new optimizations that make Android even faster.

Improvements in the hardware-accelerated 2D renderer make common animations such as scrolling and swiping smoother and faster. In particular, drawing is optimized for layers, clipping and certain shapes (rounded rects, circles and ovals).

A variety of WebView rendering optimizations make scrolling of web pages smoother and free from jitter and lags.

Android’s Renderscript Compute is the first computation platform ported to run directly on a mobile device GPU. It automatically takes advantage of GPU computation resources whenever possible, dramatically improving performance for graphics and image processing. Any app using Renderscript on a supported device can benefit immediately from this GPU integration without recompiling.

ALL those true only if your device optimized for jellybean support..
Do you know you can run Jelly Bean on a Dell XCD(ZTE Blade)? That thing had a 600Mhz single core ye old CPU. These are just excuses given by device manufacturers, to save money on support.

logout20

Journeyman
Do you know you can run Jelly Bean on a Dell XCD(ZTE Blade)? That thing had a 600Mhz single core ye old CPU. These are just excuses given by device manufacturers, to save money on support.

tkin sir i'm saying the same thing...you didnt read my post

even i've a 600mhz single core cpu{overclocked to 800mhz} :D

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Whatever MMX doesn't have a good rep in XDA
But over the next 10 years MMX might surely become one of the lead players in at least Asia

pratyush997

Inactive
wrong

1.micromax is giving its older models like a110 and will give newer models like a116 latest android updates....BUT its true for all brands that they provide a long time support only to their flagship device like htc desire hd,samsung galaxy s2...htc stoppped giving updates for my phone after 6 monthes...now its also true that a device should have capability to run the jelly bean..if not you have to root your device and install custom roms.

False, HTC Thunderbolt got ICS update after hell lot of time but it at least got it

2..check xda if you wanna know about community support.so "KNOW COMMUNITY SUPPORT" is wrong ..i got 8.5 community support {root,custom roms,custom kernels,even latest android jelly bean working 100 % on my device} out 0f 10 for my 1.5 year old HTC WILDFIRE S...bur mmx a110 has only 1/10 even if is a latest device..

Kernel? Get a Source code of those mediatek CPU | CM is impossible on it

3.check canvas 2 hd for its build quality..not talking about old device ..they are improving.

Let them develop first, they ain't giving away the devices free | ₹₹ is yours why not spend it on something better?

4.its not even about SAR value..sony phones got more sar value then mmx.2nd thing if the sar value of a phone are checked by government and then the product go to sell to market for sell.

Be specific

5.i didnt understand that..

6.about toouch screen quality ..resistive touch will be same for all devices coz they manufature in the same factory {china}..and capacitive touch will be same for all devices coz they manufature in the same factory {china}...and plasma touch will be same for all devices coz they manufature in the same factory {china}...

Heard anything about Nokia Lumia 920 or Sony's floating display tech?
Check ^^^

pratyush997

Inactive
Haha I'm happy with my Nokia 1100. It gives me infinite battery life! doesn't break when dropped and can be used as weapon too

Whatever MMX doesn't have a good rep in XDA
But over the next 10 years MMX might surely become one of the lead players in at least Asia
And you thought noob Indian will always be noob?
and in XDA? LOL a Device like Burst is still with low community support (even with kernel source available) and MMX with their mediatek SoC :rofl:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The point is, even if MMX produced a premium phone with amazing build quality and kernel source released, but for a slightly high price tag.. say 21k.. do u think anyone would buy it ?
There are 2 kinds of people MMX could aim for
1) Those that dont care about warranty, or custom ROMs or other things.. they just want the bang for the buck at the cheapest price possible..
2) Forum geeks like us who want KS,custom ROM and other things but wouldnt mind paying a bit more..

MMX cant target both at the same time, besides, even if they target the second category.. no one wd be interested because it's still an Indian brand
everything has a cost, they have to compromise on something.. from what i have seen from A116, they have done a really good job..
Alas, if only their service was good

logout20

Journeyman
What in the name of lord is Plasma Touch? :shocked:

i forget the name ..but i read it somewhere ...

Check ^^^

dude htc thunderbolt is one of the flagship device + its capable of handling jellybean because of its hardware support...

Custom Rom are available for mmx a90,a80 and a110.check xda...

dude flosting display + capaciitve touch > capacitive touch.

The point is, even if MMX produced a premium phone with amazing build quality and kernel source released, but for a slightly high price tag.. say 21k.. do u think anyone would buy it ?
There are 2 kinds of people MMX could aim for
1) Those that dont care about warranty, or custom ROMs or other things.. they just want the bang for the buck at the cheapest price possible..
2) Forum geeks like us who want KS,custom ROM and other things but wouldnt mind paying a bit more..

MMX cant target both at the same time, besides, even if they target the second category.. no one wd be interested because it's still an Indian brand
everything has a cost, they have to compromise on something.. from what i have seen from A116, they have done a really good job..
Alas, if only their service was good

True.....+100

pratyush997

Inactive
dude htc thunderbolt is one of the flagship device + its capable of handling jellybean because of its hardware support...

Custom Rom are available for mmx a90,a80 and a110.check xda...
By custom ROM I meant ROMS like CM, AOKP not those with removed bloatware, few build.prop tweaks and all :facepalm:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Guys, I found something really interesting..
MMX A110 has an official JB rom ported successfully, with all features working like Google Now etc.., 60 fps..etc
IM still a bit skeptical but, it seems legit
check the XDA thread

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Guys, I found something really interesting..
MMX A110 has an official JB rom ported successfully, with all features working like Google Now etc.., 60 fps..etc
IM still a bit skeptical but, it seems legit
check the XDA thread
what they did is took the JB rom released for Mobistel Cynus T2 which is same as A110 in Germany & modified it :p
Mobistel Cynus T2 (12.7 cm (5 ") Display, 12 Mio. Pixel Kamera, Android

Top Bottom