One Android phone costs 10000. Another 45000. Fair?

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Hey all...
I will be honest. I have an Android Phone. A Motorola RaZr. Nice, big, good hardware. Games run smooth. Occasionally lags but that's OK. I paid 30000 for this phone. Good. I was happy. I was proud. Not anymore but. Why? Hears of MicroMaxx or Karbonn or even this now:

uploadfromtaptalk1359132456088.jpg

Sigh. I'm somehow feeling Android has lost the plot.

I mean...I'm paying 30000 and someone else paying JUST 10000 enjoys the SAME damn phone in every aspect? I mean..don't u think it kinda feels cheap?

I just wanted to ask of someone else feels the same way..or am I the only one.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
both Audi and Maruti 800 does the same stuff in Cities(transportation)..would u be angry about it?

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey all...
I will be honest. I have an Android Phone. A Motorola RaZr. Nice, big, good hardware. Games run smooth. Occasionally lags but that's OK. I paid 30000 for this phone. Good. I was happy. I was proud. Not anymore but. Why? Hears of MicroMaxx or Karbonn or even this now:

View attachment 8639

Sigh. I'm somehow feeling Android has lost the plot.

I mean...I'm paying 30000 and someone else paying JUST 10000 enjoys the SAME damn phone in every aspect? I mean..don't u think it kinda feels cheap?

I just wanted to ask of someone else feels the same way..or am I the only one.
Hockey, you can eat biriyani from a footpath shop, in kolkata it will cost you 60/-, you can have the same from a good restaurant which will cost 120/-, same?

PS: I was going for the car reference, sumon beat me to it :p

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Imagine the Maruti looks EXACTLY like an Audi. Would u now feel disgusted with your real Audis when a cheaper (imitation) Audi (called Maruti) will zoom past you?
Now let's see what u guys think.

tkin

Back to school!!
Imagine the Maruti looks EXACTLY like an Audi. Would u now feel disgusted with your real Audis when a cheaper (imitation) Audi (called Maruti) will zoom past you?
Now let's see what u guys think.
Will that maruti have a V8 engine? The engine will tear itself from the carriage from force, although the wheel axle will probably give in sooner, also good luck with maruti service(I suffered, I know).

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Will that maruti have a V8 engine? The engine will tear itself from the carriage from force, although the wheel axle will probably give in sooner, also good luck with maruti service(I suffered, I know).

Lol..I just bought i10 and am pretty happy with Hyundai.
Anyways ...but my question is ..if the company ITSELF fits the Audi engine in a Maruti and says it will work..then? (Like in the ad)?

tkin

Back to school!!
Lol..I just bought i10 and am pretty happy with Hyundai.
Anyways ...but my question is ..if the company ITSELF fits the Audi engine in a Maruti and says it will work..then? (Like in the ad)?
If I sell you a piece of brick saying its magic brick and will bring you good fortune, will you buy it?(I'll price it @ 10k, cheap for the good luck it will provide).

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
If I sell you a piece of brick saying its magic brick and will bring you good fortune, will you buy it?(I'll price it @ 10k, cheap for the good luck it will provide).

I've no idea where this conversation is going?
Could all stop talking in metaphors and puzzles?
Could u come to the point?

tkin

Back to school!!
I've no idea where this conversation is going?
Could all stop talking in metaphors and puzzles?
Could u come to the point?
Point is never compromise with quality, learned it the hard way: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/169297-micromax-company-run-satan-himself.html

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Point is never compromise with quality, learned it the hard way: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/169297-micromax-company-run-satan-himself.html

Now that makes sense. But my question is more software related than hardware.

The same OS, on the same specs, but only cheaper. What's the point of going so "Janta". There is Symbian and Meego for that. Right?

tkin

Back to school!!
Now that makes sense. But my question is more software related than hardware.

The same OS, on the same specs, but only cheaper. What's the point of going so "Janta". There is Symbian and Meego for that. Right?
And when it goes bust its a world of pain, but yes, if Micromax provided same after sales and quality as Samsung/apple etc, then they would go bankrupt, but it doesn't, so end of story.

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
And when it goes bust its a world of pain, but yes, if Micromax provided same after sales and quality as Samsung/apple etc, then they would go bankrupt, but it doesn't, so end of story.

Hmmm. I am picturing an Indian road with Rolls Royce. All of them. Some fake and some real of course. Long live exclusivity.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
One car costs 1 lakh another costs 1 crore yeah its fair..buy what you have in your budget

Enjoying getting brain tumor out of a 10k chinese brand-which has not even passed FCC and might have a SAR of more than 2

Well now to the topic
10k phone-From big brands you get underpowered sad phones-in very rare cases you get good mobiles-example PANTECH BURST(Best under 12k)
Now while you come to Local brands(MMX,KARBON) their most expensive phone is around 15k that has specs of a high end phone, but all this comes with many many CONS
1)No Android Updates
2)No community support.
3)Not good build quality
4)Health Hazards(Now MMX A116 Has a low SAR value on par with reputed brands)
5)" Once you buy the phone you can say bye bye to us we ,don't know who you are we the got the money thats enough for us"

Ahh and another point your phone is using a good TOUCH screen..most of these Chinese phones use Cheap touch panels

Well i seriously would'nt mind paying 2-3k more to MMX..Provided they give better service+Release the god dam kernel codes
Now look at sony, they released the Kernel Code of a Phone that will release in 1-3 weeks

Last edited:

logout20

Journeyman
One car costs 1 lakh another costs 1 crore yeah its fair..buy what you have in your budget

Enjoying getting brain tumor out of a 10k chinese brand-which has not even passed FCC and might have a SAR of more than 2

Well now to the topic
10k phone-From big brands you get underpowered sad phones-in very rare cases you get good mobiles-example PANTECH BURST(Best under 12k)
Now while you come to Local brands(MMX,KARBON) their most expensive phone is around 15k that has specs of a high end phone, but all this comes with many many CONS
1)No Android Updates
2)No community support.
3)Not good build quality
4)Health Hazards(Now MMX A116 Has a low SAR value on par with reputed brands)
5)" Once you buy the phone you can say bye bye to us we ,don't know who you are we the got the money thats enough for us"

Ahh and another point your phone is using a good TOUCH screen..most of these Chinese phones use Cheap touch panels

Well i seriously would'nt mind paying 2-3k more to MMX..Provided they give better service+Release the god dam kernel codes
Now look at sony, they released the Kernel Code of a Phone that will release in 1-3 weeks

wrong

1.micromax is giving its older models like a110 and will give newer models like a116 latest android updates....BUT its true for all brands that they provide a long time support only to their flagship device like htc desire hd,samsung galaxy s2...htc stoppped giving updates for my phone after 6 monthes...now its also true that a device should have capability to run the jelly bean..if not you have to root your device and install custom roms.

2..check xda if you wanna know about community support.so "KNOW COMMUNITY SUPPORT" is wrong ..i got 8.5 community support {root,custom roms,custom kernels,even latest android jelly bean working 100 % on my device} out 0f 10 for my 1.5 year old HTC WILDFIRE S...bur mmx a110 has only 1/10 even if is a latest device..

3.check canvas 2 hd for its build quality..not talking about old device ..they are improving.

4.its not even about SAR value..sony phones got more sar value then mmx.2nd thing if the sar value of a phone are checked by government and then the product go to sell to market for sell.

5.i didnt understand that..

6.about toouch screen quality ..resistive touch will be same for all devices coz they manufature in the same factory {china}..and capacitive touch will be same for all devices coz they manufature in the same factory {china}...and plasma touch will be same for all devices coz they manufature in the same factory {china}...

its not about all this its about these...

1.bad customer care services...

2.the CHIPSET..all these chesp products use china made mediatake whose architeture is light years behind qualcomm's latest snapdragun proceesors{all branded companies uses this chipset} in terms of battery life,efficiency,data prosessing,life of product...similar differnce between a cheap psu and a corsair one..

3.battery...yes mmx and china giving quad core processor in cheap prices but they are seriously not reliable......did you here all those battery blasts news ...why ??? because of crap battery managemnt system inside and outside of the battery...similar like a cheap laptop battery and branded one.

4.the inside........whats the differnce between a branded motherboard and a cheap one ..same here...

i can playing homerun battle on my HTC wildfire s for 2 hours continuously its generate a lot of heat{on any device} also its not a high end model but i never got problems with that for 1.5 years{note that i'm a hardcore use of my phone}.....now my brother recently purchase a mmx a116 yes he can also play homerun or most wanted for log houes,after 3 weeks his a110 starts giving problems like after long hours of gaming his device becomes unresponsive for some time although a 10 minutes power off resolve this issue..but after 2 monther the real issue starts now the device swith off itself during games..

and all of you know about mmx KASTMAR SEWA..its not available in my city..so he has to send his device to another city.....bus 4 hapte ho gaye hai aur phone bana nahi hai...i'm going to consumer forum.

moral of the story ----thik hai wo saste me de rahe hai....lekin reliability aur service sirf achche brands hi de sakte hai and mmx have to go a long way{may be 10-12 years} in that deparment..untill that Dont Buy Because Of Cheap Price....

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
No updates for Micromax Funbook P300. Still stuck on ICS 4.0. Need jellybean. @Logout20 do you have any answer for this?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have been asked this personally by many people on why not go for TEH 5" MOCROMAX!!!!!, I used it for a few minutes and it lagged as hell, build quality was pathetic, screen resolution OMG .. the text looked so huge... to be frank . the Galaxy grand was also a disappointment in terms of screen resolution, but build quality was on par.

OP: please do checkout some details on the various chipsets on these phones, you will come to know what the difference between MMX quadcore phones and Dualcore phones in better handsets.

Top Bottom