Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys, i am planning to upgrade to a new pc by the end of the year. Current pc is about 10 years old and running Win 7. I am planning to give this system away except for retaining few things for the new pc. I need to install Win 10 in the new system because there are few work related softwares which need Win 10. What are my options now?How do i get Win 10 in the new system.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Hey guys, i am planning to upgrade to a new pc by the end of the year. Current pc is about 10 years old and running Win 7. I am planning to give this system away except for retaining few things for the new pc. I need to install Win 10 in the new system because there are few work related softwares which need Win 10. What are my options now?How do i get Win 10 in the new system.
first get an ssd atleast 250gigs then install windows 10 as win 10 on hdd is very slow i myself facing lagginess my computer takes 10 mins to boot up

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
first get an ssd atleast 250gigs then install windows 10 as win 10 on hdd is very slow i myself facing lagginess my computer takes 10 mins to boot up
Yup, i am planning to get an entirely new set of hard drives and my primary drive will be an ssd (Aiming for 500gb)

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
But How do i go about getting Win 10 and installing on a new pc. I am not adding the disk drive in my new system, so i am guessing now i am limited to using the pen drive. Are there any more options?

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i am not carrying forward any of my old hard drives since i am giving them all away. So i have to buy all the hard drives again and the primary one will be ssd. But i am just wondering how does one go about installing win 10 in new systems

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i am not carrying forward any of my old hard drives since i am giving them all away. So i have to buy all the hard drives again and the primary one will be ssd. But i am just wondering how does one go about installing win 10 in new systems
Download win 10 iso from here:
*tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

1589706942718.png

Use Rufus - The Official Website (Download, New Releases) to create a bootable pen drive from above downloaded iso & use that to boot the new pc & install win 10.

P.S. Securely erase your hdd before giving away by using tool like Download – Eraser

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Either you can use a portable DVD drive to install from the DVD or a Bootable Pendrive (8GB)

Just boot using any of the above and install on a new system.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Download win 10 iso from here:
*tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

View attachment 19055

Use Rufus - The Official Website (Download, New Releases) to create a bootable pen drive from above downloaded iso & use that to boot the new pc & install win 10.

P.S. Securely erase your hdd before giving away by using tool like Download – Eraser
Thanks @whitestar_999 for simplifying. One last question is how do i get the license for the win 10 software after downloading?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
so i have got my ddr 4 ram delivered by amazon which i ordered before lockdown.
I had bought asrock b450pro and amd ryzen 5 3600 before that and corsair spec01.
I had windows 7 installed on my old desktop and since i am using the old hdd its still windows 7.
problem is when im turning on my pc the keyboard and mouse dont work at all and i get this message by windows of unsupporting hardware. in it its written processor is not supported. I searched google and i found that windows 7 is supported by ryzen 5 3600 and to use ps2 mouse keyboard but i dont have that

so what do i do here .. the dvd drive is also not ejecting that i could insert a win10 install disk

i do the laptop dvd drive since i installed an ssd using a caddie on it

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why are you even trying to install an officially out of support OS on latest hardware? Just install win 8.1 with classic shell/open shell to make it look more like win 7 if you absolutely don't want to install win 10.

Top Bottom