Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Good to know, check this tool to control windows updates:
*www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_update_minitool.html
Is it just a script that can be inspected or a pre-compiled binary?

Posts from 2015 indicate that is a binary but the last page refers to a script. So I am confused now. If it remains a binary, trusting it will be an issue.

Also some posts mention that it disables Windows Update persistently and needs a registry edit to revert to normal. Is it still the case?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it just a script that can be inspected or a pre-compiled binary?

Posts from 2015 indicate that is a binary but the last page refers to a script. So I am confused now. If it remains a binary, trusting it will be an issue.

Also some posts mention that it disables Windows Update persistently and needs a registry edit to revert to normal. Is it still the case?
It is a pre-compiled binary but there are similar tools using scripts. May be you are talking about this or those comments are regarding this Download Sledgehammer (formerly WUMT Wrapper Script) - MajorGeeks

You can trust this tool as it comes from *forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-update-minitool.64939/page-53 This forum is the best when it comes to windows related tools/utilities & even "activation for educational purposes testing"(one of the admins of this forum is DAZ the famous creator of daz loader for win 7). The admins of this forum keep a strict eye on such tools there not to mention there are many expert members there who regularly analyse such tools before using them. You need to register & login to see the main content there but I recommend it as this forum is really good for windows/microsoft related tools & hacks.

vito scalleta

In the zone
r/Windows: Looks like Version 2004 Fixes 100 % Disc Usage

100% disk usage was a major problem especially for people who still used HDD. It seems Microsoft has finally tried to fix the issue.

vito scalleta

In the zone
it does actually. not financially viable for using multiple Terabytes of storage in a SSD still. Pretty impressive bug fix if you'd ask me.
Yep. It would be very helpful for enterprises that don't go through an upgrade cycle often and are still stuck on HDDs. Although I am not sure how quickly these updates get pushed to such systems.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it does actually. not financially viable for using multiple Terabytes of storage in a SSD still. Pretty impressive bug fix if you'd ask me.
Was this bug also there in LTSB/LTSC versions which many corporates prefer to use because all reports I have seen of this bug were from win 10 home/pro versions?

dayanbooker

Right off the assembly line
How to make pendrive bootable so that I can able to install windows 10 on my system. Also please provide me the link to download the iso file for windows 10.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
How to make pendrive bootable so that I can able to install windows 10 on my system. Also please provide me the link to download the iso file for windows 10.
Use a tool called Rufus. Check this guide: How to use Rufus to create a bootable USB drive to install (almost) any OS

Link of ISO, it's a bit complicated but follow the method here it works: How to Download a Windows 10 ISO Without the Media Creation Tool

Alternatively you can use the Media Creation tool that does the heavy lifting for you. Guide : Use the Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media | Digital Citizen

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
You can use the official USB tool from Microsoft. Released wayback in Windows 7 era and still works for Windows 10.
This tool can also download the Windows ISO files and prepare the bootable USB to install

*www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56485

Top Bottom