Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I want Windows 10 drivers for HP LaserJet M1136 MFP . Where can I find them?

If it's not on their official website then try the win 8.1 drivers available there. They might work. My STX drivers are still from win 8.1.

Last option should be automatic update.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: What happened to your quotes people

It's a misquote not handled well :lol:

Flash

Lost in speed
IDSA said:
"Since its inception more than 20 years ago, the Windows Start menu has been the anchor point for launching apps and getting users to the content they care about. With Windows 8 and Windows Phone 7, Microsoft continued the evolution of the Start screen by adding live tiles which surface relevant and personal information to the user from apps and services. With the Windows 10 Start design, the experience of launching and switching apps is unified across the familiar and learned legacy of the Start menu on desktop PCs—and the modern capabilities of the Start screen on phones and tablets. The design allows users to leverage what they know from one device and apply that knowledge to using a different device in a contextually appropriate manner."

Windows 10 Start menu receives IDSA Digital Design Award | Windows Central

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
How can I disable automatic updates?

this is not recommended, as you need updates for Win10 to work properly.

You can disable the BITS service.

Search Services or goto [Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative tools ->] Services ---> Search for BITS (Background Intelligence transfer service) Right click and stop service (it'll take 10 secs or so) then right click again and go to properties and change the "Start-up type" to (disabled) so that when you restart the PC the service doesn't Auto-start.

I'm on 4G data plan, so each MB is precious :))

HOw to disable BITS service - svchost.exe (netsvcs) is always downloading something - Page 2 - Windows 7 Help Forums

-------------------

And to disable Win10 from downloading hardware drivers (nVidia/AMD GPU...) you've to enable "Never install driver software form Windows Update"

Open Settings from Start menu - System - About - Advanced System Settings - hardware (tab) - Device Installation Settings - "No, let me choose what to do" - "Never Install driver software from Windows Update"

refer this pic for it.

*i.imgur.com/Wh2W8yD.png

Last edited:

H2O

Journeyman
Ok Guys.

I have a 1 Mbps connection. How long would it take me to download Windows 10? Any rough idea?

Also, can I work on or browse something while Windows 10 is being downloaded?

Thanks.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
3.8GB

I downloaded via torrent, because Windows downloader doesnt pause/resume.

yes you can work while its downloading.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Anything about win 10 that is a deal breaker.. Other than compulsory up updates.. It can be disabled anyway

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
how to save tokens ? Can you add some info..

- - - Updated - - -

May not be possible...according to this article which posted earlier here in this thread - MS will deactivate your previous genuine windows licence after 30 days you keep the Free Windows 10 at your machine.

Advanced Tokens Manager - Josh Cell Softwares

Top Bottom