Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
2 Things that are really bugging me :

1. Automatic updates..My previous experiences with updates always tell me : if all is well, avoid them..

2. Hardware Change : so it seems like if i do a hardware change ( like motherboard/gfx card/hdd change), i am no longer allowed for free upgrade unless i have a retail copy of win7/ 8.1( which i don't..OEM)..if my laptop's mobo/hdd is changed, then i can no longer use windows 10 & i have to shift back to 8.1 :/

P.S: is there any safe way to get windows key from oem laptops ?

try saving the tokens
I did them just in case

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
If I transfer my SSD contents to a new SSD would I have to re-validate my license as well.

****. If it is so. I have to again install 8.1 then upgrade to 10 again. Stupid me.:oops::confused::chinscratch:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
try saving the tokens
I did them just in case

how to save tokens ? Can you add some info..

- - - Updated - - -

If I transfer my SSD contents to a new SSD would I have to re-validate my license as well.

****. If it is so. I have to again install 8.1 then upgrade to 10 again. Stupid me.:oops::confused::chinscratch:

May not be possible...according to this article which posted earlier here in this thread - MS will deactivate your previous genuine windows licence after 30 days you keep the Free Windows 10 at your machine.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Experienced first Windows 10 BSOD when opened a MP4 video file(100) mb from my Motorola X 2014 mobile folder(MTP).
It was a camera video. Using default Music and Tv app.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Experienced first Windows 10 BSOD when opened a MP4 video file(100) mb from my Motorola X 2014 mobile folder(MTP).
It was a camera video. Using default Music and Tv app.

Pic.. or it didn't happen. I wish you knew about it before!
How's BSOD in Win 10? Just like Win 8 with a big sad smiley?

ashs1

Padawan
Ok..just finished Installinng windows 10..running smoothly as of now..no noticeable lags..still downloading drivers...UI looks good !
Thankfullly no"Something has happened" error till now. :p

sameersn2902

Broken In
microsoft default audio hd drivers works
fine.

dont update Realtek audio hd drivers which u get through windows update. it got headphone issues. cant detect headphones.

sameersn2902

Broken In
faq !! just realised that i had downloaded windows 10 home edition. I can't use it for updating my windows 8.1 Single Language edition as it is asking for key( with no skip option) :/
I gotta download the whole thing again. :(
use latest kmspico activator from torrent. just install . it will automatically activate ur windows 10. antivirus may detect it as trojan but its false alarm. dont worry.

sameersn2902

Broken In
2 Things that are really bugging me :

1. Automatic updates..My previous experiences with updates always tell me : if all is well, avoid them..

2. Hardware Change : so it seems like if i do a hardware change ( like motherboard/gfx card/hdd change), i am no longer allowed for free upgrade unless i have a retail copy of win7/ 8.1( which i don't..OEM)..if my laptop's mobo/hdd is changed, then i can no longer use windows 10 & i have to shift back to 8.1 :/

P.S: is there any safe way to get windows key from oem laptops ?
haha... there is something called kmspico. just install it. windows will b auto activated. u can uninstall kmspico after activation.

nikufellow

In the zone
Ok guys so here's the deal

After having exhausted almost 3/4th of my monthly bandwidth trying out different versions of windows i finally managed to get a win 8 iso (from a russian forum) that installs fine and recognizes my laptop's inbuilt OEM license key.I have now upgraded to 8.1 and windows is activated

A few queries though
-Which version of windows 10 should i download?I am currently on 8.1 core single language.I am assuming that if i get the wrong iso it might not get activated like was happening with me on 8

-Is there an 'all in one' kind of iso which will automatically upgrade mine to a compatible version ?If so where to get such an iso ?

Dr. House

No Regrets
I am using windows 10 from few days in my laptop with AMD switachable graphics. The problem is that I am unable to load GTA V in high performance mode. Also it takes more time to boot up as after that bluw windows logo a blank screen appears for 30 seconds and then lock screen comes up.

Top Bottom