Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
My laptop is running genuine windows 8.1 64bit whenever I try to install windows 10 using USB method it always asks for key what to do?

Ensure that you are upgrading to the same version of win 10 as that of Win 8.1.

Try en-in *www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10 and let us know if it works or change system locale in administrative tab to english(US)

- - - Updated - - -

this link downloads the same media creation toolkit, while that link directly downloads ISO from microsoft website

It offers direct download of ISOs. Did you even try it?

A

amit.tiger12

[MENTION=5007]DeSmOnD dAvId[/MENTION]
from this post (closed thread) = *www.digit.in/forum/software-q/192748-windows-10-discussion-thread-post2245127.html#post2245127

I installed clean windows 10 pro... then I installed enterprise key, replacing existing pro key.. it worked and now it's showing windows 10 enterprise version...
You can do the same.. if you want...

as per wikipedia page - *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions#Comparison_chart

In-Place Upgrade from Pro to Enterprise Edition and In-Place Upgrade from Home or Pro to Education Edition...

A

amit.tiger12

You know, when the bubble says, win 10 is ready to download, so I click on the win10 app.
It tell me that its going to give a 10 second popup check etc and then it gets stuck at the moving dots that go round and round in circles.

did you check download completed or not?? in c drive

amjath

Human Spambot
at first 2 hours - I closed
Second time 1 hour and then I closed it

You know, when the bubble says, win 10 is ready to download, so I click on the win10 app.
It tell me that its going to give a 10 second popup check etc and then it gets stuck at the moving dots that go round and round in circles.

Download using mediacreation tool or entire iso if not downloaded yet

dissel

Cyborg Agent
how to choose or customize Windows Update like earlier version of Windows ?

How and where I can select the option "Let me Choose Which Update need to Download And Install"

Gollum

Collector
how to choose or customize Windows Update like earlier version of Windows ?

How and where I can select the option "Let me Choose Which Update need to Download And Install"

In win10, you cannot disable windows updates
you can only postpone them.
They will always download in background

Top Bottom