Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
*i.imgur.com/4rrjP0Pl.jpg

Lol, something happened.. Classic Microsoft.
And it happened two times. First at 91% and other at 88%.
Looks like esd way is the only sure way.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Ok guys, i am planning to buy a new laptop in a months time, it may or may not come with windows 10

so till what time windows 10 upgrade is available for free, what is the last day for free upgrade

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Ok guys, i am planning to buy a new laptop in a months time, it may or may not come with windows 10

so till what time windows 10 upgrade is available for free, what is the last day for free upgrade
Free for one year.

- - - Updated - - -

*i.imgur.com/4rrjP0Pl.jpg

Lol, something happened.. Classic Microsoft.
And it happened two times. First at 91% and other at 88%.
Looks like esd way is the only sure way.

Is it during the file download ? Or when you are trying to install ?

If file download, shouldn't it resume from last point ?

I got the something happened too but on a trivial matter. It looks someone was too cool at coding.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
why dont they just let user download iso, like link os does, no need of this media creation tool, just one iso, which let you install any pc, upgrade or gresh install, just like linux

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Is it during the file download ? Or when you are trying to install ?

If file download, shouldn't it resume from last point ?

It's the Media Creation Tool. No, the download didn't resume.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It's the Media Creation Tool. No, the download didn't resume.

Well...that's shitty download programming then.

I just completed download from Media Creation Tool (selected US English during download). Size of x64 iso is 3.1 GB (created from ESD file of 2.61 GB), while the one I created from the automatic updated ESD(2.61 GB) is about 3.71 GB.

I can't tell which one to keep now for future installations. Both were created from same size ESD.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well...that's shitty download programming then.

I just completed download from Media Creation Tool (selected US English during download). Size of x64 iso is 3.1 GB (created from ESD file of 2.61 GB), while the one I created from the automatic updated ESD(2.61 GB) is about 3.71 GB.

I can't tell which one to keep now for future installations. Both were created from same size ESD.

Check both ISO in VirtualBox, and see if there's any difference. Atleast try to. :p

Limitless

Journeyman
I have downloaded windows 10 using media tool is there any way I can install windows 10 without waiting? because windows 8 key I am entering during installation is not working

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I have downloaded windows 10 using media tool is there any way I can install windows 10 without waiting? because windows 8 key I am entering during installation is not working

Nope. Read the first post. You must have either Win 7 or Win 8.1 to be eligible for upgrade to Win 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Check both ISO in VirtualBox, and see if there's any difference. Atleast try to. :p

That's a lot of time waste in installing. I will keep both. Will do a version check.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
I forced download and after downloading 3 gb it failed stating that it is corrupt download :cry:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I forced download and after downloading 3 gb it failed stating that it is corrupt download :cry:

Use this.

Download the file and use it to install win 10.
Make sure you "upgrade to windows 10" and not do a fresh install(If you attempt this then your windows will not activate).
Also if you're having the problem "something happened" then change your system locale language to English(United States).

I used this method and Windows 10 is working flawlessly.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Guys, is this safe time to update?? I have been hearing news that NVIDIA GPU users must wait for proper driver support.
[STRIKE] Also, How can i install Windows 10 from Win8 or is it compulsory to upgrade to win 8.1 ?? [/STRIKE]
Just read this info on first page!!

Last edited:

nikufellow

In the zone
Guys

My lappy came with windows 8 genuine but the recovery partition got accidentally formatted while installing fedora
(i don't have any recovery disks either).I am not a Windows fan i use dual booted win 7 occasionally for gaming but I'd like to check out win 10 before the free upgrade offer expires so that i can have a genuine license for future use if need be.

From what i understand the geuine key is hard coded in the mobo of the lappy so it's not lost yet.What i would like to know is that if i download win 8 iso and install will it recognize this key and activate itself so that i can upgrade to 8.1 and then to 10 ?

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, is this safe time to update?? I have been hearing news that NVIDIA GPU users must wait for proper driver support.
[STRIKE] Also, How can i install Windows 10 from Win8 or is it compulsory to upgrade to win 8.1 ?? [/STRIKE]

Yup you need to be on 8.1 to perform upgrade no two ways about it presently

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Guys

My lappy came with windows 8 genuine but the recovery partition got accidentally formatted while installing fedora
(i don't have any recovery disks either).I am not a Windows fan i use dual booted win 7 occasionally for gaming but I'd like to check out win 10 before the free upgrade offer expires so that i can have a genuine license for future use if need be.

From what i understand the geuine key is hard coded in the mobo of the lappy so it's not lost yet.What i would like to know is that if i download win 8 iso and install will it recognize this key and activate itself so that i can upgrade to 8.1 and then to 10 ?

- - - Updated - - -

Yup you need to be on 8.1 to perform upgrade no two ways about it presently

Yes, windows 8 will recognize the key.
Many users have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent

I installed today (fresh install) and after install the builtin Radeon HD 4250 driver and Netgear wifi dongle driver not there.My PC uses a usb wifi dongle.

Luckily i had Win 8.1 x64 drivers for both and working now.

Yeah Amd page also doesn't mention any new driver but win 8.1 drivers shud work.

*i.imgur.com/7lSgZ3g.png?1

nikufellow

In the zone
Yes, windows 8 will recognize the key.
Many users have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10.

Are you sure ? So should i get 8 iso or 8.1 iso ?

Edit : I suppose you didn't understand my querry fully i have a laptop that came with win 8 genuine oem license.I formatted it and don't have recovery disk either.I am asking if i download win 8 iso and install it will that get activated from oem license in mobo/bios so that i can upgrade to 10

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Are you sure ? So should i get 8 iso or 8.1 iso ?

If you have Windows 8 upgrade to 8.1 then to 10 or else Download 8.1 directly then upgrade to 10.OK.

You cannot upgrade directly from Windows 8 to 10(not 8.1).OK.

If you have Windows 7 you can directly upgrade to 10.OK. Am I clear now?

Top Bottom