Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Finally got the solution,since windows 10 latest build have new rsa cryptokey you need latest version esd-decrypter-wimlib-6.7 to convert it.

@Faun update esd decrypter link with this ​*fv3.failiem.lv/down.php?i=uqtmaal&n=esd-decrypter-wimlib-6.7z&PHPSESSID=43nbuo9p6l0v1gmpdu75r70481

Alok

Adventurer
I'm in love because => Game DVR

1. win+ctrl+D and win+ctrl+arrows (or 4 finger swipe)

2. Game DVR , not only games but you can record any application.

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
Was this on a laptop with an OEM license?
Nope. Download ISO using mediacreation tool. And upgrade your OS when booted it will activated automatically. Download produkey and get the new windows 10 key. After that do a fresh install if needed with new key.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Finally got the solution,since windows 10 latest build have new rsa cryptokey you need latest version esd-decrypter-wimlib-6.7 to convert it.

@Faun update esd decrypter link with this ​*fv3.failiem.lv/down.php?i=uqtmaal&n=esd-decrypter-wimlib-6.7z&PHPSESSID=43nbuo9p6l0v1gmpdu75r70481

Updated

For high speed connections not maxing out, use IDM or FDM to download esd files. It worked in my case. Speeds went up from 3-4mbps to 19-20mbps.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Downloaded + Upgraded + Running (Keeping all files intact,except some few non-compatible apps,deleted or deactivated by Windows 10) Windows-10 (Single Language)(64-bit) onto my DELL Inspiron 14 5447 laptop.:mrgreen:
This was performed through reserved space of "Get Windows 10" app icon itself.
Though it took nearly 7hrs. to complete the download + upgradation through the BSNL 1Mbps BB unlimited connection,after my 2Mbps FUP was completed.
The best thing is ,the UEFI dual boot is kept fully preserved and untouched by this upgradation of Windows 10. I also have Fedora 22(64-bit) MATE Desktop installed onto a separate partition on my laptop.
Till now no problems no issues no failure......................................:grin::bananana:

Just a query though :->

Whenever I am logging onto Windows 10,it's booting faster than Windows8.1 ,but the desktop screen is opened into Metro Tiles apps.
I want to have default Desktop screen after logging in.
How???

rajesh00

Journeyman
Done upgrading Windows 10.Took me 1hour 15min.Found 2 issues so far.
First,Booting takes more time than with win 8.1.I thought its conflicting with win 8 as this is an upgrade so set the switched OS time '30' to '0'.But still no use.Googled and saw many have this problem.May be clean install will solve.

Second is the Search,when i try to search installed apps/web,it doesn't show instantly.Its just keep searching.But it searches quickly after 5min or so.I think after starting windows it takes some time to recognize all installed application.I don't find this issue on win 7 or 8.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
ProduKey v1.80 - Recover lost Windows/Office Product Key (CD-Key)

Link:*www.nirsoft.net/utils/produkey-x64.zip

PS:ProduKey - Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of Windows/MS-Office/SQL Server

rajesh00

Journeyman
Seems like slow booting is solved.Restarted 4-5 times. Now windows start in 11sec and shutdown in 5sec. But search is horrible,i can reply here faster than it searches my steam application. lol.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Nope. Download ISO using mediacreation tool. And upgrade your OS when booted it will activated automatically. Download produkey and get the new windows 10 key. After that do a fresh install if needed with new key.

Are you 100% sure?
Im a bit scared of messing up activation or losing data

So I want to install this on my laptop running Dell's OEM Windows 7 (preloaded)

So I just need to download the ISO using media creation tool, run the setup.exe and select upgrade and itll automatically activate??

Top Bottom