Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

masterkd

Padawan
I used the same url to download iso and installed it.

I called MS customer care and they are asking me to wait for 24 -48 hours to get activated

Did you do an upgrade install? In that case it should have been activated automatically once you connect to internet. If you made a full clean install then you need to provide product key which you will get after upgrading to Windows 10 using key getting tool e.g. PID checker or magical jellybean key finder.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
downloaded 2.7gb update in almost 12 hours and it got stuck in preparing to install...........

not worth the update now, will move on later when MS fixes his ****.....

I was facing the same problem. Tried downloading two times, failed both times.

Finally I used the Media Creation Tool and upgraded using that.

amjath

Human Spambot
Did you do an upgrade install? In that case it should have been activated automatically once you connect to internet. If you made a full clean install then you need to provide product key which you will get after upgrading to Windows 10 using key getting tool e.g. PID checker or magical jellybean key finder.

I did a fresh install so i have only windows 8 key

Kaltrops

In the zone
Just mount the iso, click on setup.exe in Windows itself upgrade from there. Make a copy of the iso obviously so you can use it to do a clean install later.

amjath

Human Spambot
Just mount the iso, click on setup.exe in Windows itself upgrade from there. Make a copy of the iso obviously so you can use it to do a clean install later.

yeah I did the same but upgrade failed. Gonna fresh Install Windows 8.1, activate it and upgrading to Windows 10 :D

MS CC said so

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
I upgraded from win 8.1 genuine to 10 home SL. Activated :D
Took about 15hrs to download on 512kbps :( using media creation tool. Windows update failed to install it.

The only issue I am facing is the incompatibility of kaspersky 15

Install Kaspersky 2016 it is compatible with Windows 10, I installed today

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Have been trying to download the ISO using Media Creation Tools. Is there any way to pause/resume the download? I tried searching on Google, Ended up with a possible solution to resume by running "C:\$Windows.~WS\Sources\Windows\sources\setupprep.exe". I can find the "C:\$Windows.~WS\Sources\" folder. But, Can't find any subfolder named "Windows" under it. I can see some Windows Setup files and a setuphost.exe (C:\$Windows.~WS\Sources\SetupHost.exe) file when the download is running, though. It is also deleted when I close the Media Creation Tool.

Any solution to this?? or Any other way to download the ISO other than Media Creation Tool?

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
is it free, or trial for some time or we have to pay ?

how to get in iso format so we can keep for future, in case we format pc, how can we get windows 10 back, really is it free ?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Install Kaspersky 2016 it is compatible with Windows 10, I installed today

And I was wondering where my Kaspersky 2015 went.

BTW, for those of you who upgraded Windows, it puts all your incompatible applications in the Windows.old folder.

Downloaded esd from reddit.
Decrypted and installed

All of it in around 30min.
So far, so good.
For some weird reason the calculator app needs to be installed from windows store.

- - - Updated - - -

Windows activation status says activated.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
is it free, or trial for some time or we have to pay ?

how to get in iso format so we can keep for future, in case we format pc, how can we get windows 10 back, really is it free ?

It is completely free as long as you already own a genuine copy of Windows 7 or 8.

You can get the ISO using the Media Creator Tool available from the Windows website.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Downloaded esd from reddit.
Decrypted and installed

All of it in around 30min.
So far, so good.
For some weird reason the calculator app needs to be installed from windows store.

- - - Updated - - -

Windows activation status says activated.

Can you send me the reddit link via PM?

I think the reddit link can be shared openly, it doesn't promote anything wrong IMO. The files are straight from MSFT servers.

*www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3ee1gx/windows_10_10240_esd_download_here/

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I think the reddit link can be shared openly, it doesn't promote anything wrong IMO. The files are straight from MSFT servers.

*www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3ee1gx/windows_10_10240_esd_download_here/

Thanks for sharing the link. :) Downloading it.

amjath

Human Spambot
Mine is now activated. Clean Installed windows 8.1, activated it. Then upgraded to windows 10, now it's activated

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Any idea anyone how to delete the windows.old folder. I can't delete most of the things in that folder Is there any to remove this thing without formatting

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Getting this error while converting esd to iso

decrypt.cmd failed to decrypt with message; “Decryption failed. None of the known/specified RSA keys works

please help :|

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
so I reserved the download yesterday(wasnt getting the icon until yesterday)
It still isnt upgrading or even downloading
I tried force download etc(CMD commands etc)
still no luck
any help?
I heard the ISO can ruin the activation
and since mine is a laptop with an OEM license,I cant afford to lose activation

Top Bottom