Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am planning on installing this on VirtualBox. How large do I need the virtual drive to be for this?

Complete installation needs 16 GB. So even a 20 GB HDD is enough to just experience. But of course if you also want to install more softwares, just add to it the installation size of them too.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yea thats why asked ! So u saying is not for daily

Well, because its buggy. If you use it for daily tasks now and it crashes due to some bug, you could potentially lose data.

That's why it is it is recommended that you install it along side another OS or on a VM.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
I downloaded 32bit version, it installed fine. But my Wifi shows "Limited Access" and not able to get incoming internet connection.

Please help how can i resolve this problem.

amjath

Human Spambot
I downloaded 32bit version, it installed fine. But my Wifi shows "Limited Access" and not able to get incoming internet connection.

Please help how can i resolve this problem.
Ahhh this issue was in 8 as well but fixed later. Have you used 8 or 8.1 before?

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Windows 10 wifi.jpg

please help on this

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^ We can help, only if we can view the image.
Thousand times people, TDF's attachment is not Working. Please use minus.com or imgur.com.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
my wifi has only password protection, so whenver any device try to connects it asks for password, i have entered password, but still it showing like this.

normally it connects and suddenly shows a yellow notification on wifi icon, but on windows 7 everything works fine

amjath

Human Spambot
^ its the windows 8 problem i think it was fixed in Windows 8.1, try revoking the security for your wifi in your router

[h=1]Want New Windows Features? Share Your Ideas With Microsoft & Vote[/h]
If the Windows 8 debacle taught Microsoft one thing, it’s that the customer can make or break a product. While the average consumer might not always know what exactly they want, they can be very clear about what they don’t want. Hence, pushing out novel features without giving the public a chance to review them remains a risk.
For the continued development of the Windows operating system, Microsoft is tapping into the ingenuity of its crowd, allowing them to suggest Windows features via its Windows portal, powered by UserVoice.

You can…

• suggest features,
  • vote on the suggestions of others,
  • comment on and discuss feature suggestions, and
  • share suggested features via social media.

Source

Top Bottom