Official Sony Ericsson Thread :-

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Sorry :D .I thought already we have a thread like this,but not-so this one.

This is a thread to discuss any and every thing related to Sony Ericsson mobile phones.

also,do share what useful java games/utilities you got with Link

Happy SE moments :D

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The k790 came out 2 years ago...and make no mistake..it did not jump o the top at the first release...there were many bugs which wer however sentenced to in lessthan 5 months..the k750 was a bestseller.the best 2 mp phone ver made...the same cam module was used in the w800 and the w810...
then came the age of the 3.2 mp phones..sony excelled in that too..coming up with flying results in the k790/k810 category..

even now the 3.2 mp phones by SE..namely the w890,w760 have the best cams in the business..

then came the 5 mp market..SE lost some ground here owing to the fact that the n95 had tbeen there for a long period of time...the first n95 was a disaster..with the phone lagging,crashing,had battery problems,build quality problems,etc etc...but the year had taught nokia and then they cam out blasting with the n95 8 gb version and the n82..SE however for some reason delayed their 5 mp flagship..and finally released the k850...its imperible thatthe first version had many bugs..and the mobile review sites..well..went forward and tested the beta software..

the beta firmware has alaways been a case of inefficiency on part of SE..whn the final release has brought in rich dividends..the beta firmware has always brought itslef down..as a result..worse reviews and fall in SE's market share...but times have changed and SE has released better and more stable firmware...the pic quality has improved drastically..the K850 uses the IMX-2020 cam sensor whih is one of the best in its class..and has immense power to counter any situation..

@praka-speed does not depend on processing power alone...SE does not need a heavily powered processor coz its a feature phone..and they hardly make use of much of the processing power left..and the phones are coded in such a way that maximum utilization of raw processing power is done...
the symbian UIQ phones by SE have more ram and also run on high end processors..pertains to the needs of the user.

K810 cpu and k850 cpu are similar - 208 Mhz
N series use 3xx Mhz

its just that K810 software (A100 platform) is more stable than the new K850 software (A200 platform), which is still under development.

N series sometimes slow down because they use symbian OS (sometimes heavier than Java)

@praka-cool thread..hope those nokia guys dont cum spamming here as well.. ;)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
praka why did you give away your W810i? It is a good phone. The best in that price range in fact.

nikhilpai

Techans
Sorry to barge in & spoil the SE fanboys' party. :))

But I cudn't resist sharing this news item which shows that LG scraped past Sony Ericsson to become the fourth largest handset vendor behind Motorola as per the units shipped in the first quarter this year. The top selling vendor is of course Nokia with Samsung a distant second.

Full article: *cellpassion.mobi/2008/05/29/motoro...-ericsson-in-global-handset-market-share.aspx

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
^^^ Oh I simply do not care about what the sales number says. I love my SE and that's enough. :D

BTW can I ask a somewhat noobish question ? I have a SE W700i and when I put it to charge it never shows "Charge Complete" or "Battery Full" or something like that. I have seen that the battery indicator is full and showing 100% but aren't there any notifications about the battery being full ? :confused: :confused:

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
praka why did you give away your W810i? It is a good phone. The best in that price range in fact.
'coz I want a better camera fone.atleast 3MP. :p .and I finalized on K810i:p
W810i aint that bad it got 2MP cam though although it is a walkman fone.

What I am confused as like many others is , K790i or K810i -obviously K810i is what I favour.but K790i-they got EDGE :( .

I want to know how is the speaker sound of K810i?Is it a disaster?

______ ____ ____ ___
guys,Which UIQ fone comes with a 3 MP cam?
*www.uiq.com/sonyericsson_p1.html
I saw P1i .but touch screen and stylus...how is this phone?
Is there any real benefit If I buy a UIQ fone? :confused:

also,this camera spec with zoom 3x in mobiles like P1i and 16x in K810i and all,is it real ?or some software way? :confused:

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

But I cudn't resist sharing this news item which shows that LG scraped past Sony Ericsson to become the fourth largest handset vendor behind Motorola as per the units shipped in the first quarter this year. The top selling vendor is of course Nokia with Samsung a distant second.

Full article: *cellpassion.mobi/2008/05/29/motoro...-ericsson-in-global-handset-market-share.aspx

sorry to spoil ur party..but its only for the 1st quarter...overall its still the 4th largest.. :D

SE was formed in 2001..LG has been in the market since 1995...well...and SE's spec folio for this year is by far the best..

4-5 mp phones
1-8 mp phone :D
6-walkmans with one full touchscreen and uiq.. :D

dtox

The Techno Perv
Any news on w980 release date?? or its cost?

how to increase sound of w810i ?

here u go.. i posted this a while back..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-56679.html

yeah.. the sales did drop drastically last year.. the reason being SE couldnt manage to deliver a phone like w810i.. it had record sales in 2006 and no phone of SE was that famous last yr..

Last edited:
OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
tell me- If I opt for P1i for UIQ ,Is it it's camera a let down?Is it the same camera used in K810i?also autofocus and zoom?it got only 3x ?:?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
nopes..P1i cam is as good as it gets..u will miss the xenon flash tho...nice phone with sum really gud features...also has 128 mb ram was balzing fast applications..u can also incorporate walkman 3 psp menu in it..

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
^no!it disappoints with camera.it is not cybershot. :( what is the use with simply saying 3.2MP while K750i will take much better pics than P1i.
yeah,I know ,it is definitely for a business phone :D

Ek aur kaaran K810i pe stick karne ka! :p

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Well, I'll advise you to get K790i instead of K810i....Thats because K790i has EDGE which K810i doesn't have. K810i has 3G which K790i lacks.......And both have the same camera.....

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^no!it disappoints with camera.it is not cybershot. :( what is the use with simply saying 3.2MP while K750i will take much better pics than P1i.
yeah,I know ,it is definitely for a business phone :D

Dude the camera in K810i and P1i are the same. Cyber-shot is just a brand name and not a guarantee for quality. K750i does not have Cyber-shot branding still produces better quality pics than Cyber-shot branded K550i and it's colour are even better than K850i! Similarly Walkman is also a brand name and a non-Walkman SE phone sounds exactly similar to a Walkman phone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom