Official Samsung I5801 Thread

arvindr1234

Right off the assembly line
@adhitya11
Tried everything..But still i am not able to see any better performance.
How long does ur battery last?

Gollum

Collector
There is an app called kill task or something similar. Use it to kill all the unwanted apps that don't close when you exit them, a very annoying thing in android.

multi

lazy bone
alright everyone , from other forum someone suggested me to have "easytether lite" from android market for 3G connection use with our desktop or laptop .

I have installed it , go to settings> applications > Development >enble USB debugging.

follow instructions on app . You have to install driver from app's site on our laptop .

I have checked it with BSNL 3G & it's working very fine , no need to root your phone :-o

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Hi everybody, This thread seems to be growing with a lots of info. I suggest someone who's been using the fone for long to please post the android apps or games that are best suited to the fone.
Like in early morning I installed "to do list" app very handy in managing the day to day taks .
Hope to see more good apps ...

Gollum

Collector
No one has yet confirmed the max resolution for divx video playback on this phone. Someone please!

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
No one has yet confirmed the max resolution for divx video playback on this phone. Someone please!

I think this fone doesn't perform well in video and images section. Even youtube doesn't play videos at good resolution and even good quality images while surfing net doesn't look so bright and clean compared to Nokia 5533.

And regarding divx videos I'll let you confirm on tomorrow.

Aditya11

Journeyman
@adhitya11
Tried everything..But still i am not able to see any better performance.
How long does ur battery last?

On normal usage of telephony, browsing and little multimedia, my battery lasts for about 48 Hrs, which I think is good enough. Try other tips given in the comments section of my blog review..

Gollum

Collector
I think this fone doesn't perform well in video and images section. Even youtube doesn't play videos at good resolution and even good quality images while surfing net doesn't look so bright and clean compared to Nokia 5533.

And regarding divx videos I'll let you confirm on tomorrow.

i'm not concerned about flash video. All i want to confirm is the lag free playability of psp video 480x272 and max 720x304 video resolution in xvid and x264.
(note 480p=854x480, 720p=1280x720 and 1080p=1920x1080)

Last edited:

multi

lazy bone
my GPS , Wi fi , blue tooth etc are shut off & I frequently use Advanced Task killer but some how my battery doesn't last long more than 23 hours :cry:

after 30 % if I put it "countinue using battery " it just shut off without any notice anytime .

is there something for battery warning like that ?

also do mention exactly wht kind of battery saving steps you taking

Gollum

Collector
my GPS , Wi fi , blue tooth etc are shut off & I frequently use Advanced Task killer but some how my battery doesn't last long more than 23 hours :cry:

after 30 % if I put it "countinue using battery " it just shut off without any notice anytime .

is there something for battery warning like that ?

also do mention exactly wht kind of battery saving steps you taking
is your battery faulty? Do you use the phone all day? Does your battery drain without idle without use?

multi

lazy bone
well I don't use phone whole day , as it's having new sim but occasional gaming or few browsing during work break thats all , no calling yet started but still same .

also let's say battery @ 30 % , you put it on charging , how much time it should take to charge up 100 % . I observe it takes almost 1 hour & 30 mins for full .

duno where I am doing wrong :cry:

Gollum

Collector
Just connect it and leave it. The battery has an internal circuit that stops the charging as soon as charging is finished. That's why when charging is finished the charger cools down.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@multi

Download Advanced Task Killer(ATK) from android market. After the installation is finished, restart your phone.
After restarting, open ATK and put the processes like music player, gallery, messages etc in ingore list by long pressing them and selecting ignore. Starting an application again and again utilises a lot of CPU, so let the important tasks remain in ignore list.
Put an ATK widget on your homescreen,so you can kill tasks after performing your work.
If you dont want real time syncronizaition with your gmail, put auto sync off. Otherwise it will make connections with gmail every now and then.

This things works with me, make a try and may be they will work for you too... :)

And yes this phones takes a load of time to charge. It take about 3hrs to charge completely... :-(

Gollum

Collector
Quick charge reduces the battery life. mainly because the charguing voltage is higher than normal.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Yes, slow charging is better...
But 3 hrs to charge completely, its just not acceptable...

Xmen360

Broken In
@ gollum

I have tried playing the 624 X 352 xvid videos and they play good and that too out of the box.No additional drivers or codecs required.

Just tried encoding a small video with 720 X 480 xvid and it plays well.But there are small stutters sometimes.

My verdict is anything above 624 X 352 (or thereabout) is overkill for this phone.There will be no increase in visual quality as the resolution increases from here on coz of the native resolution and screen size.

I personally find it pretty weird why people want to see HD videos on their portable mobile devices in the first place.HD's glory can never me matched on a small screen.

Yes the phone's image quality is not as crisp as the nokia's 5230/33 but I dont find it to be problem.The phone is way better than 5230/33 interms of what it can do.Its a pleasure the capacitive screen.Opera mobile beta is also now available in the android market which I was waiting for a long time. Opera mini is also fine but I wanted a full browser like the opera mobile.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
That's pretty cool. Its not about playing hd video, its about playing it straight away.encoding takes a long time and people like me who don't have a pc will have to stay without any video if the phone cannot play hd video.
Ps: by hd i mean the standard definition video 720*480 aka 480p
normally i get sd videos from my friends and i can't watch them on my phone without encoding. Once i get a 3g connection i can download sd videos and watch them straight away.
ps: I'm loving this swype software of text input on my symbian phone.

Xmen360

Broken In
Yes gollum i get what you mean.just to make it clear sd means 720*480 and everything above it like 720p is hd. My point was playing hd on devices like mobile phones is a moot point.so you better stick with sd or hdrips which are actially at sd resolution.

Before buying the phone its better to check it out yourself. And yes its got swype too.

My fav games are hungry shark,blow up lite.the android market is flooded woth apps games just too much stuff

pass me thr link to get the games ill try them

Top Bottom