Official Samsung I5801 Thread

reddead

LoSt!
Is froyo the last update for this phone? GB/IS ROM's available for this model?

nope....it won't be getting GB officially...froyo is last...
but there is CM7 being ported but its still in alpha stage...
and ice cream sandwich rom is also being ported but its in very early stage and unusable for normal use...

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
How many of the G3 users here have installed CM9 port from XDA??

I downloaded the source and compiled it for myself :D

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Good Enough for me.
My device is mostly used for development and calls only.
Those are working fine. Camera preview is not available, but images gets saved.
Bluetooth is not working. Other than that it's all good for me. :p

cappy

Right off the assembly line
how it's working this :
- Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate
- Proximity sensor for auto turn-off

on i5801

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
I too have SG3 but I am using it on my own customization. Actually my mom uses it so its kept very basic.
All bloatware, G-Suits is removed. Launcher replaced by Launcher Pro. Kernel is G3Mod 3.1 Kernel.

However not sure on ext4 formatting :-?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
My phone is screwed now.. very slow and lots of problems.. I need to get a stable build.
Just went through XDA and got too confused on which rom to select..

Should I use the Official Release by Samsung or should I use other ROMS... Please suggest.. I will be flashing my phone tonite :)

reddead

LoSt!
My phone is screwed now.. very slow and lots of problems.. I need to get a stable build.
Just went through XDA and got too confused on which rom to select..

Should I use the Official Release by Samsung or should I use other ROMS... Please suggest.. I will be flashing my phone tonite :)

you can try cm7, its very stable and very fast.....
try kyrillios's v10 its based on cm7 plus some more teaks

but make sure you have backed up everything

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
I am back on JP6 for time being, the only ROM where I can use everything including my BT Headset. :)

CM7 is great, but only BT A2DP is missing. :|

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
My G3 on froyo(stock) is getting very slow....any idea why this happening guys?. I tried task killers and remove many apps...but the phone dialer itself takes 10 sec to come up...

reddead

LoSt!
My G3 on froyo(stock) is getting very slow....any idea why this happening guys?. I tried task killers and remove many apps...but the phone dialer itself takes 10 sec to come up...

same is happening with me and i am also on froyo.....
its good when i flash a new rom but after some time it gets back to same slow performance......

if you don't care about battery life flash a kernel and overclock it....

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Yeah, that's why I have flashed G3Mod 2.3 ( I found 2.4.1 somewhat unstable for me).
Created a sd-ext partition and move only 'app' and 'dalvik-cache' to sd-ext with Hybrid data 2 sd script. Now I have plenty of space and performance is also good enough. :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Im still confused on what ROM to use :p, so I did a factory reset .. will research a bit for couple of more days.

coolfire92

Lurking Around
Root and install custom rom/kernel

same is happening with me and i am also on froyo.....
its good when i flash a new rom but after some time it gets back to same slow performance......

if you don't care about battery life flash a kernel and overclock it....

Are you using v6_supercharger?Sometimes it causes lags.Download the latest v6_supercharger and run the script(no need to install supercharger,just scroll down and run needed options).
It has option for "fast engine flush" and "Detailing"(to fix database errors,compact databases)
See if that helps.Wipe dalvik if necessary.

whats the battery backup you guys are getting? im getting about 8 hrs only :|
Which rom/kernel are you using?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
cant recall the ROM, I had downloaded it from one of the XDA links
Froyo
Kernel - 2.6.32.9
Baseband version: I5081DDJG6

Model# is GT-I5800 though it should have been I5801 :p

coolfire92

Lurking Around
cant recall the ROM, I had downloaded it from one of the XDA links
Froyo
Kernel - 2.6.32.9
Baseband version: I5081DDJG6

Model# is GT-I5800 though it should have been I5801 :p

That is the kernel version which is same for all.GT-I5800 is shown at boot or in system information thingy?If it is at boot you probably flashed a rom with bootloader from european version of the phone(I5800),if not nothing to worry about.

Just don't flash roms that have bootloaders because if any error occurs during flashing bootloader,you might brick your phone.ROMs from samfirmware have them.
With roms without bootloader the worst that could happen is a soft brick.

About the battery maybe your battery has reached it age.Try another rom,test and if battery is still bad,buy a new one.

Try kyrillos v9(v10 is 2.3),kyorarom ascedency,purumod etc for froyo roms.
Kernels available are g3mod,kyorakernel,astrum.

Top Bottom