Official Samsung I5801 Thread

Gollum

Collector
The only game that I've played on the android platform is nfs swift on htc desire.the controls are quite funny it gives you a feeling of driving a bike rather than driving a car. I've herd that angry birds is quite a popular game. How does it run on galaxy 3?
Is there a pool game for galaxy 3?
Omg im going crazy on this swype system, its just crazy and total fun.
This will be a nice practice for me. I think all the android phones can have this.

Xmen360

Broken In
yes angry birds ... forgot to mention it.:)) Plays good alright. Have tried most of the top free games which show up in the android market.

Tried setting up the default mail client.In its manual set up this is shown. I believe thats what you are looking for.

*imgur.com/Vfsi7.jpg

Last edited:

ashishisdrunk

Right off the assembly line
well I don't use phone whole day , as it's having new sim but occasional gaming or few browsing during work break thats all , no calling yet started but still same .

also let's say battery @ 30 % , you put it on charging , how much time it should take to charge up 100 % . I observe it takes almost 1 hour & 30 mins for full .

duno where I am doing wrong :cry:

same problem..i guess we should update our firmware..my firmware is of july

-------------------------
gameloft games are really good

internal memory is too less...for big games

im thinking of installling gba emulator

some games of game boy advance are really nice

can anyone tell what converter should i use for youtube videos..and should i convert videos into mp4 or avi

i still cannot use my gps...even after trying gpsopt and gps booster :(:(:(

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
Omg im going crazy on this swype system, its just crazy and total fun.
This will be a nice practice for me. I think all the android phones can have this.

Dude u usin d swype on ur Nokia phone(5233) or u bot an android phone?

Gollum

Collector
Dude u usin d swype on ur Nokia phone(5233) or u bot an android phone?

no dude I'm using it on nokia 5233 and what amazes me is this things accuracy. The plus point is that it replaces the default nokia keyboard and adds a better android style qwerty and mini qwerty keypad. You can either tap or swype.in swype method you don't even need to press on the space bar. I'm currently typing with swype method.

bhargesh

Hi Friends,

I have bought a galaxy 3 a couple of weeks ago and am having a very wierd issue with it

The phone drops calls in the first few secons that I recieve them. It happens regardless of where I am. I am from Mumbai on a vodafone network and have never faced an issue with call disconnection in the past. I am not sure of what to do and need to know if anyone else is having the same issues?
Otherwise the phone works ok and have no issues. Just the call dropping issue

Please help

ssb1551

Technomancer
Mite b some prob wid service provider!Quite possibly some maintainance mite b goin on in those towers!!

tejaslok

Journeyman
after the call disconnects suddenly, wats the error u get ? .Some thing like these "SIM card registration failed"-> if that's the issue u facing then 1st go to CC and get a new sim for the same n. by paying them around 60 bucks, these happ to me and i did the same.

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Hi Friends,

I have bought a galaxy 3 a couple of weeks ago and am having a very wierd issue with it

The phone drops calls in the first few secons that I recieve them. It happens regardless of where I am. I am from Mumbai on a vodafone network and have never faced an issue with call disconnection in the past. I am not sure of what to do and need to know if anyone else is having the same issues?
Otherwise the phone works ok and have no issues. Just the call dropping issue

Please help
Try sim replacement...may be its corrupt

Sap_Sanam

Hi, add me as Samsung I5801 user too. :razz: I bought this phone on 3rd Nov. and liked it very much.To some extent I understood the functionality of the phone, liked its user interface but I know nothing about the android system. I'm following this thread and very much sure about getting help from its members. I installed AG Indian newspaper and Jewels, and thinking of installing Advanced task killer, Bar code scanner. I didn't find firewall and apn widget. Do we need an anti-virus for this phone? Please suggest good e-book reader. :smile:

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Hi, add me as Samsung I5801 user too. :razz: I bought this phone on 3rd Nov. and liked it very much.To some extent I understood the functionality of the phone, liked its user interface but I know nothing about the android system. I'm following this thread and very much sure about getting help from its members. I installed AG Indian newspaper and Jewels, and thinking of installing Advanced task killer, Bar code scanner. I didn't find firewall and apn widget. Do we need an anti-virus for this phone? Please suggest good e-book reader. :smile:

Antivirus is not required thoough but be careful when you rooted the phone

Give super user persmission only to trusted apps to attacks.

firewall actually is available in 4shared.com :-D

madantg

i was impressed with the specifications &reviews and went for galaxy 3 (i5801). but, totally disappointed with 2 things:
1. very slow in bringing up keypad/contacts
2. the first one is ok. as time goes, u get used to it. but the worst problem is battery. it's horrible. nowhere close to what samsung claims (165 hrs stand by & 15 hrs talktime).

i went thru many forums on the net about this problem. except rooting and installing task killers, tried complete battery draining out and recharging, always switch of wifi, gps, bluetooth, vibration. my voice calls are hardly 2-2 1/2 hrs per day. battery does not last more than 15, 16 hrs (standby)

also, from 60% onwards, even without calls, it goes down to 15% just like that. this is a serious problem. I feel like, selling it off.

any help other than the mentioned suggestions, would be appreciated. Looks like this is a common problem. Is Samsung addressing this problem?

Gollum

Collector
Battery draining is a common problem on all android phones. Having task killer software is a must.

bhargesh

after the call disconnects suddenly, wats the error u get ? .Some thing like these "SIM card registration failed"-> if that's the issue u facing then 1st go to CC and get a new sim for the same n. by paying them around 60 bucks, these happ to me and i did the same.

Thanks@tejas and@gopi I will try your suggestion of replacing the sim and inform what happens
Presently I hear the person at the other end for a couple of seconds after we which the call disconnects.the redial attends also fail

Top Bottom