Official Samsung I5801 Thread

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@ssb1551
Yaa, nokia provide 360*640 with most if their phones and this resolution is very good as compared to 240*400. But unexpectedly images are quite clear on galaxy 3.

And the phone you are refering is LG OPTIMUS GT540. Yes it is released in india. But it has older version of android, small 3 inch resistive screen and very basic processor. LG OPTIMUS ONE is advancement of this phone in many respects like bigger 3.2 inch capacitive screen and android FROYO (i think this wud be the main selling point of this phone).
OPTIMUS ONE is yet to be released in india and is expected to be tagged with price around 13k.

@redlofredlof
This unresponsiveness of screen will get uglier and (more)uglier with lifespan of your phone.

My friend too bought LG COOKIE PEP(with resistive touch), it was fine till the first month and responded nicely to small taps on screen. But condition went bad and bad and at last, time arrived when the tapping on screen is replaced with (literally)PUNCHING on screen.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
I think i will save up cash for a capacitive touch phone and buy one in jan. Need something to make me happy in the start of the next year.

multi

lazy bone
I just bought this phone yesterday .

1)right now I having trouble with editing contacts .
as per manual it for edit - press Menu button then edit or other options will pop up , but duno wht I am doing wrong it's not showing up .

2 ) how to add data to SD card ? via Kies ?

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I just bought this phone yesterday .

1)right now I having trouble with editing contacts .
as per manual it for edit - press Menu button then edit or other options will pop up , but duno wht I am doing wrong it's not showing up .

2 ) how to add data to SD card ? via Kies ?

1)Make sure u r not entering phone number in name field..i guess it happened once with me too
2)
Make sure first drivers is installed
First configure ur usb setting as mass storage in Settings-->ABout Phone
Now plug usb and connect to pc
In Notification area(when u slide down from top of screen) Click Copy files...
select mount

Done :)

rohan.kwatra

Journeyman
i also bought this phone 2 weeks ago....all features r gr8 except the screen resolution.the small text looks very bad but rest is awesome...is there a way to store apps on sd card without rooting...the internal memory seems way too less for me

bksgs1

Right off the assembly line
I picked up this phone last week. Works fine except for One issue - I hve a prepaid card and the balance is slowly reducing without even making any calls or sending messages. I have yet to activate gprs. After some googling have deactivated background data use in the settings. Even then there is something happening in the background which is eating up the prepaid amount. I installed 3GWatchdog which is showing some data being transmitted received but unable to pin down which app is responsible.

If I subscribe to a data plan will this stop.
note : I am on reliance.

Please help.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
balance is slowly reducing without even making any calls or sending messages.

Android phones constantly access the internet for their applications. As no app can be killed on android plateform, they continue to run in background. Increasing Data Usage and Decreasing Balance :-(

So having GPRS service enabled, this disease can be cured. If you dont have GPRS Pack all the time, just create a dummy APN and set it as default APN for you device. As dummy APN cannot access internet no balance will be reduced :):)

Gollum

Collector
any idea when lg optimus one p500 would be launched in india. Also when is galaxy3 going to get android2.2 update? Gsm arena says that it will not.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Check this out!!!
Froyo update rolling out for Galaxy S in the UK, Apollo is next - GSMArena.com news

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I picked up this phone last week. Works fine except for One issue - I hve a prepaid card and the balance is slowly reducing without even making any calls or sending messages. I have yet to activate gprs. After some googling have deactivated background data use in the settings. Even then there is something happening in the background which is eating up the prepaid amount. I installed 3GWatchdog which is showing some data being transmitted received but unable to pin down which app is responsible.

Please help.

Use apn widget

just one touch turn on and off of data service(gprs)

use droid wall as firewall to block specific app from accessing the internet

multi

lazy bone
@gopi , thanks for help .

I think after practicing & doing as per manual we can learn better .

have u accessed internet on PC or laptop using 3G ?

I got BSNL 3G , have browsed & downloded apps on phone but still not tried on laptop , any tips ?

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
how much does 3g cost?

bsnl 3g cost 1p per 10kb

data recharges are available in 222,600,etc

rs.222 for 500mb

@gopi , thanks for help .

I think after practicing & doing as per manual we can learn better .

have u accessed internet on PC or laptop using 3G ?

I got BSNL 3G , have browsed & downloded apps on phone but still not tried on laptop , any tips ?

i didnt try

u can do a wifi teether to access it in lappy easily(it needs phone rooted)..i did try but my wifi not connecting to adhoc n/w of my phone

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
I read that this phone cannot be connected to pc to be used as a modem with 3g as internet source.

arvindr1234

Right off the assembly line
Pls can you help me in minimizing the battery use by android system.
It is eating my whole battery life.
Almost 98% is being used by android system.
Hope everyone would be facin the same problem.
Pls give a solution.......Plssssssssss

Aditya11

Journeyman
@ashishisdrunk

As of now, there is no app to transfer apps to SDCard. Only FroYo update or a custom ROM/Mod can enable this functionality.

@arvindr1234

Are you asking how to increase the battery life? If you want 'Android' not to use max of your battery, then perhaps you can lower the screen brightness, minimize the number of running widgets, turn-off the vibration feedback and switch-off GPS, GPRS, WiFi, Bluetooth when not in use.

Top Bottom