Official Samsung I5801 Thread

babloo81

Broken In
Hi All...I am having a problem with my G3. I have configured my official account on Outlook. I have problems syncing the mail. When I click on the outlook (email) icon, it opens all the mails but automatic syncing does not seem to happen. I have checked the sync frequency and set it to 'sync every 5 minutes' but the sync and auto-notification does not seem to work. Can someone let me know what to do?

Aditya11

Journeyman
I hope G3 owners are keeping a watch on custom ROMs that are available over at XDA forums. There are quire a few impressive ones, some made by even Indian guys.

Kyrillos' ROM (Gingerbread edition) seems to be the most popular one..

reddead

LoSt!
I hope G3 owners are keeping a watch on custom ROMs that are available over at XDA forums. There are quire a few impressive ones, some made by even Indian guys.

Kyrillos' ROM (Gingerbread edition) seems to be the most popular one..

saw them...do phones need to be rooted to use these roms???

Aditya11

Journeyman
Custom ROMs will replace the factory ROM, thereby erasing EVERYTHING that you have on your phone (but not the data on SDCard). Thus, your phone need not be rooted to use any of those.

Additionally,

1. Some ROMs are pre-rooted, (with live wallpapers enabled)
2. Some ROMs are not pre-rooted and you can manually root them yourself, but it is not compulasory

However, know that if you are installing a custom ROM with FroYo which is not officially available for G3, it will NOT be covered under warranty. But ask yourself this: how frequently do you need to give your phone for servicing anyways? Also, you can simply DOWNGRADE to official ROM anytime (2.1 Eclair).

Most people also don't seem to know that one can always UNroot the rooted phone to gain back the warranty. Much simpler way is to just flash it with original official ROM, however! :)

reddead

LoSt!
Custom ROMs will replace the factory ROM, thereby erasing EVERYTHING that you have on your phone (but not the data on SDCard). Thus, your phone need not be rooted to use any of those.

Additionally,

1. Some ROMs are pre-rooted, (with live wallpapers enabled)
2. Some ROMs are not pre-rooted and you can manually root them yourself, but it is not compulasory

However, know that if you are installing a custom ROM with FroYo which is not officially available for G3, it will NOT be covered under warranty. But ask yourself this: how frequently do you need to give your phone for servicing anyways? Also, you can simply DOWNGRADE to official ROM anytime (2.1 Eclair).

Most people also don't seem to know that one can always UNroot the rooted phone to gain back the warranty. Much simpler way is to just flash it with original official ROM, however! :)

thanks for info...
but i dont feel like flashing my phone as i have seen people bricking their phones
my phone is just 4 months old so i will try flashing and other stuff after a while

---------- Post added 09-03-2011 at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-03-2011 at 08:31 PM ----------

atlast ! found a decent game that works on g3:GT RACING[GAMELOFT]
graphics are decent but the game lags a bit which makes gameplay difficult ....anyways to play the game you nedd to download 120 mb data

Last edited:

bksgs1

Right off the assembly line
Looks like something is coming -

"Samsung company has announced two news, one about releasing a Gingerbread update for Galaxy S and another about Froyo (Android 2.2) update for Samsung Galaxy 3 (I5800) and Galaxy 5 (I5500).

..... Galaxy 5 (15500) will get an update next week (14-20 March) and Galaxy 3 (15800) will be updated by the end of the month.

As the two news are from Samsung Romania Facebook page and not from company’ global Facebook page, so the news may be only for that specific region but we can hope so soon."

link -
Samsung Showers updates for Android-run Galaxy S,Galaxy 5 and Galaxy 3 Mobiles

babloo81

Broken In
Hi All...I am having a problem with my G3. I have configured my official account on Outlook. I have problems syncing the mail. When I click on the outlook (email) icon, it opens all the mails but automatic syncing does not seem to happen. I have checked the sync frequency and set it to 'sync every 5 minutes' but the sync and auto-notification does not seem to work. Can someone let me know what to do?

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
^^ I don't think it would be OTA for us in India. AFAIK OTA are provided by carriers and ours is not carrier-bound, so i think it would be through Kies. Hopefully it comes as the news says.. :-|

reddead

LoSt!
^^ I don't think it would be OTA for us in India. AFAIK OTA are provided by carriers and ours is not carrier-bound, so i think it would be through Kies. Hopefully it comes as the news says.. :-|

my friend has a nexus one and recently got his 2.3 update through OTA:?:

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
^Looks like it's available through Kies in European countries. (Check AndroidForums)
Waiting for release in india.. :-|

bksgs1

Right off the assembly line
Have successfully upgraded to Froyo thru the official update using Kies at the fifth attempt. All data, settings are intact. Prima facie all looks ok.

Am now moving Apps to SDCard to free up phone memory thru - Settings > Applications > Manage applications. Press on an app , and then tap the Move to SD card button to make the transfer.
Refer link - Androinica » How to Move Apps to the SD Card on Android Froyo the Easy Way with SDMove

Gopal

babloo81

Broken In
Have successfully upgraded to Froyo thru the official update using Kies at the fifth attempt. All data, settings are intact. Prima facie all looks ok.

Am now moving Apps to SDCard to free up phone memory thru - Settings > Applications > Manage applications. Press on an app , and then tap the Move to SD card button to make the transfer.
Refer link - Androinica » How to Move Apps to the SD Card on Android Froyo the Easy Way with SDMove

Gopal

Hi...Since you have updated to Froyo, let us know if you are based out of India or somewhere else and if in India, please let us know the procedure to update so that we can enjoy Froyo as well...thanks in advance!!

Top Bottom