Official Samsung I5801 Thread

reddead

LoSt!
but is the firmware same as the official firmware that xda-forums mentions

which firware you flashed for 2.2?

yes it is same as official,ddjp2
and yeah i am not sure if you will lose all the data but i wipe data before flashing to be on the same side....

utkarsh007

U7karsh
i am facing issue with win7 64bit os -kies 2.0

there seems to be some driver problem when connecting my g3 in kies mode

and cud not update to 2.2 froyo

i too had the same problem.
What u do connect ur phone via kies with usb debuggin disabled just right click my computer and click manage
then select device manager then universal serial bus controllers then right click samsung android ( i dnt remember the exact name but u willl get to know coz its somethin like this only) and select uninstall.
Then disconnect ur phone. switch on internet connection and then connect ur phone with usb debuggin off and then ur pc must install al the drivers needed.

If this doesnt work, then repeat this procedure after clickin install drivers in kies.

this worked for me hopefully it will work 4 u too

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
What u do connect ur phone via kies with usb debuggin disabled just right click my computer and click manage
then select device manager then universal serial bus controllers then right click samsung android ( i dnt remember the exact name but u willl get to know coz its somethin like this only) and select uninstall.
Then disconnect ur phone. switch on internet connection and then connect ur phone with usb debuggin off and then ur pc must install al the drivers needed.

If this doesnt work, then repeat this procedure after clickin install drivers in kies.

thanks will try and let u know

comrade

foreign return(0)
are there anyone experimenting their G3 with new custom roms? I find the dev roms to be more rich in features, speed and also in terms of usage. Currently on Kyrillos' ROM v5.2 with fugumod 2.4 beta3 kernel and is one of the best combo so far I ever used.

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent

utkarsh it was solved

The issue was with long file name or extension files in my memory card

i downloaded a tool and removed those files with long names

and the issue was fixed :)

Last edited:

reddead

LoSt!
are there anyone experimenting their G3 with new custom roms? I find the dev roms to be more rich in features, speed and also in terms of usage. Currently on Kyrillos' ROM v5.2 with fugumod 2.4 beta3 kernel and is one of the best combo so far I ever used.

i have a long history with the custom roms...
eclair>jpm>indroid 3.0>ddjp2>greenmods pox>jpm(self customized)

reddead

LoSt!
hey guys,goodnews CM7 is being ported to our galaxy 3:smile:

[WiP][ROM] CyanogenMod 7 port for Samsung Galaxy 3 - xda-developers

comrade

foreign return(0)
hey guys,goodnews CM7 is being ported to our galaxy 3:smile:

[WiP][ROM] CyanogenMod 7 port for Samsung Galaxy 3 - xda-developers

yeah...much desired update. Happy with G3 except the feeling that its running froyo and with C7 in calendar it will be a thing in the past.

how to root froyo guys ? i tried z4root it just hangs

why not the custom roms, they have plenty to offer if not u can get a clean rom and build your apps on it.

vivek11

Right off the assembly line
Guys

need urgent help with the Galaxy 5801.

My phones softkeys have stopped working completely. previously they would act funny - e.g. the options key would not work , but the back key would be working and then the other way round and since day before yesterday both have become unreponsive.

I thought it is some problemw with the applications (although i dont remember installing anyting new) and after taking a back of my contact thru titanium, did a factory reset. but still no progress

the home key (middle one ) is still working though
i read somewhere that there is where to get he firmware upgrade/reset for the samsung galaxy phones but not sure about 5801.

Please help :( :evil:

Voltage

Right off the assembly line
Guys

need urgent help with the Galaxy 5801.

I thought it is some problemw with the applications (although i dont remember installing anyting new) and after taking a back of my contact thru titanium, did a factory reset. but still no progress
the home key (middle one ) is still working though

Please help :( :evil:

Check this link
Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 Android hard reset - PDA Smartphone PNA hard reset soft reset

pratheekb96

Unemployed
hey guys! i just got a galaxy 3 frm my uncle as a birthday gift and immediately wanted to install CM7 on it:)) i alredy hav exp frm installing CM7 on my lg optimus one and nexus S :)) so i just wanted to ask u which is the best ROM to install on my fone and if u cud also post instructions on how to do so as well :mrgreen:
thnx in advance:mrgreen:

salvachn

Broken In
hey guys! i just got a galaxy 3 frm my uncle as a birthday gift and immediately wanted to install CM7 on it:)) i alredy hav exp frm installing CM7 on my lg optimus one and nexus S :)) so i just wanted to ask u which is the best ROM to install on my fone and if u cud also post instructions on how to do so as well :mrgreen:
thnx in advance:mrgreen:

I use Kyrillos ROM 8 now. Waiting for Christmas to upgrade to a better phone, hopefully the N9.

Top Bottom