Official Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003) Thread

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
don't worry you won't brick your phone. many people around globe are trying it. I will also try this once I get back home. In xda, guys said there is specific way of upgrading phone as it is not through official channel (I mean through Kies)...

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Came to know from xda that stupid software (Kies) was updated long back (I mean its new version was launched way back) but Kies in my PC didn't update itself! Who develops such kind of sh|77y software?

BTW I have not upgraded to GB...there are few bugs it seems

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Came to know from xda that stupid software (Kies) was updated long back (I mean its new version was launched way back) but Kies in my PC didn't update itself! Who develops such kind of sh|77y software?

BTW I have not upgraded to GB...there are few bugs it seems

Are you going to flash with Kies? Even to update that software it took me 30 minutes in a 4mbps connection? Stupid one.

gagan, did you applied lagfix from XDA? Was that fixed the issue?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
To install new firmware with odin takes 5 mins, although it reinstalls the new firmware unlike kies which will update ffirmware keeping applications and contacts intact. I prefer odin, official update on kies will take another one month.
I updated my cousin's samsung Galaxy ACE with Kies, it sucked. He was not able to install any new apps. So again installed 2.3.4 on ACE with odin, working flawlessly.

I will use odin, then sync contacts from google, install apps again. 15 mins to do that all.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
buddy, after you posted about bricking the fone, i got skeptic :D so I didn't try ODIN and waiting for official update through Kies. Although I downloaded everything yesterday (the firmware .tar file from Hotfile, ODIN, latest Kies etc.) and made backup of each and everything (apps, contacts, calendar using MyBackup Root) but didn't muster enough courage to update :|

But that stupid software Kies is not detecting my phone. Keeps on saying Sim not inserted etc. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

lol. Atleast for me, Kies is detecting my phone.

BTW Is Titanium Backup any good? I don't have enough space in my external SD card, so where it will store the backups?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
ok so the thing now is, I tried to update my phone with this new GingerBread ROM/firmware. By mistake I used ODIN version 1.82 while the latest one is 1.83. It didn't brick my phone (I hope so) but it stopped/failed in between. I had to disconnect my phone and when I restarted it, nothing happened (I mean no display and all).

But when I restarted it in Download mode (volume down+Ok+Power On) it worked so I still have hope. I couldn't try flashing it as I had to come to office. After reaching home I will try again with an updated rom which is said to have fixed bugs in older rom.
Will keep posted.

Last edited:
OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ You mean with GB FW? What version are you talking about? Odin?

BTW you can re-flash it so no probs as of now..... :D

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yeah furious_gamer, I was trying Gingerbread rom with older version of ODIN :(

today I will try to flash it again ;)
let see how does it go...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ will the version of odin has to do something with your issue? I don't think so.
Yes it does, I almost bricked my Samsung Spica when last time I used wrong version of odin. samfirmware usually packs odin with the firmware zip, or follow the steps given on various forums. I updated my brothers galaxy ACE to 2.3.4, the firmware is out since month for that phone but Kies has no update yet, its idiotic. Same will happen to SL, if you wait for official update via Kies then keep waiting.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ I am not gonna keep waiting for that. I will just make sure i get a stable release. If not, i am in no situation to handle all these craps coz of my hectic work. You don't believe i had this FW with me the day you guys said, but till today i don't find time to flash it. Otherwise i would have flashed it the day i downloaded.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
u just wait till night. I will go home and flash it with correct version of ODIN. If everything goes well I will have GB on my phone otherwise I will have to give it to service center, they will update it for me ;)

On serious note, if it works for me, you can do too :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ I am not gonna keep waiting for that. I will just make sure i get a stable release. If not, i am in no situation to handle all these craps coz of my hectic work. You don't believe i had this FW with me the day you guys said, but till today i don't find time to flash it. Otherwise i would have flashed it the day i downloaded.

Same here, I have also not updated it yet. Will do it on this weekend or next.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
u just wait till night. I will go home and flash it with correct version of ODIN. If everything goes well I will have GB on my phone otherwise I will have to give it to service center, they will update it for me ;)

On serious note, if it works for me, you can do too :)

Sure man, i'll wait for your reply. :D

Same here, I have also not updated it yet. Will do it on this weekend or next.

Guess we need to wait till what GB do with gagan007 and we'll update then. Otherwise better to flash with XXB3 one for time being. It's stable AFAIK.

Top Bottom