Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
oh btw, I got a Nokia 5800. For 16k with bill.

Camera sucks, but for sure it is the best VFM fone out there.

Edit:
I've upgraded the fone to v21.0.025. There a few bugs in this firmware - eg. I'm not able to lay the bundled .dcf songs in the memory card.

I got it too this past sunday.. :D The latest firmware is 30.0.011, update it.. Mine came with v21.0.025, i updated to v30 on Monday, and the preloaded songs play fine..

Last edited:

Ross

Daydream Believer
I was planning to buy Nokia 5800XM, and I wanted to know whats the frequency of firmware updates?

As from the above post it seems even new phone doesn't comes with new firmware. :(

Also I am on limited bandwidth internet connection, this means too frequent visits to Nokia Care..????

[ offtopic : I am afraid because in my city the guys at Nokia Care are pathetic, they take atleast two days for minor problem, they always flash the phone even when there is no need to do so, return the phone in bad condition ie scratched and whenever I visited Nokia Care I see almost all people dissatisfied with delays and quality of work and quarreling and telling to complaining at consumer forum(I do not yet own a Nokia fone but most of my friends does and I mostly accompany them to Nokia Care) ]

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
@ ross

if you do ota ( over the air ) update v31 is around 4mb download . You'll need a wifi or data connection though. Its very very easy and hassle free . Just press *#0000# , click update and leave the phone for few minutes(~ 8 to 10 on good edge) to download and install the update.

Btw , you should do a hard reset after updating to fully enjoy difference.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
I was planning to buy Nokia 5800XM, and I wanted to know whats the frequency of firmware updates?

As from the above post it seems even new phone doesn't comes with new firmware. :(

Also I am on limited bandwidth internet connection, this means too frequent visits to Nokia Care..????

[ offtopic : I am afraid because in my city the guys at Nokia Care are pathetic, they take atleast two days for minor problem, they always flash the phone even when there is no need to do so, return the phone in bad condition ie scratched and whenever I visited Nokia Care I see almost all people dissatisfied with delays and quality of work and quarreling and telling to complaining at consumer forum(I do not yet own a Nokia fone but most of my friends does and I mostly accompany them to Nokia Care) ]

The set i got was manufactured in February. Still it had v21 which was released in April. v30 is released on Sunday, so it cant be possible for them to release every manufactured handset with the very latest firmware.

There is no exact firmware release frequency, but we see/expect a new firmware every 4/5/6 month..

Updating the firmware from Nokia Care shouldnt take more than 20/30 minutes. They do it hand-to-hand, no need to leave the phone there. No Need to be afraid. :smile:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got it too this past sunday.. :D The latest firmware is 30.0.011, update it.. Mine came with v21.0.025, i updated to v30 on Monday, and the preloaded songs play fine..
oh yea, v30 is out. :| It was released within hours when I upgraded my fone to v21 even exceeding my bandwidth limit by 140MB in the process. :| :oops:

How big is the v31 though? Is it ~120MB? or 4MB like Tamoghno says. :confused: What I get from his post is that, 4MB is only when we update through mobile. :confused:

Secondly, my new fone was also manufactured in Feb, but it came with v10.

Last edited:

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
oh yea, v30 is out. :| It was released within hours when I upgraded my fone to v21 even exceeding my bandwidth limit by 140MB in the process. :| :oops:

How big is the v31 though? Is it ~120MB? or 4MB like Tamoghno says. :confused: What I get from his post is that, 4MB is only when we update through mobile. :confused:

Secondly, my new fone was also manufactured in Feb, but it came with v10.

I updated it OTA, was only 4.8MB.. People have been reporting, its of enormous size when updating via NSU.. :| Also the NSU update is not available here still.(not sure) Only FOTA is available.

sushantvirdi

Journeyman
My brother brought me a nokia 5800 a week ago..yesterday while playing songs i crancked up the volume to the highest and both the speakers now produce disorted sound..can anyone tell me the expected cost to replace them at the nokia care since the phone does not have international warranty..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay...as you all must have experienced that the pre loaded DRM songs with the .dcf extension stop playing after you perform a firmware upgrade/update to your Nokia 5800.

You have to take it to the Nokia Care to resolve the issue.

Here is a solution for it...

Download this file: *www.megaupload.com/?d=EIWQOFO6

It contains the activation keys for those songs. Extract the archive and copy every file (except the PDF document) to the IMPORT folder in your memory card.

Now you'll have to perform a Hard Reset/Restore factory defaults using *#7370#. So, do take a back-up and perform the reset.

Now when you'll open the Music player for the first time after the reset, it will search for the Songs & Podcasts and automatically activate the .dcf songs using the keys you had copied in the IMPORT folder of your memory card. And the fone will be able to play the pre-loaded songs.

Last edited:

Kerry

Broken In
Recently, I bought this amazing 5800XM and found it awesome. But I want to install a good English Dictionary. Can you guys suggest me from where I can get it with mode of payment, if any?

ajooba215

Journeyman
hey guys can ya pls tell me latest price of nokia 5800 xm.... i m posting it in this thread coz many of u must ve bought it lately..o`ve just got a used 5800 xm from ma frnd for 14k...i wanto know was it a fair deal... or whether i was... f**ked.. :x

k4ce

Youngling
^ where does it cost 15.5k ? its 16.7k in hyd ... planning to buy one ..

here is a question to all 5800 users ... i currently own a 53200 and am planning to get a 5800 or 5530 ... looking of the spec sheets , wat do u think bout the 5530 ? do u think its a better investment ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ 15.5K in Delhi. :)

Nokia 5800 is the better investment. No doubt about it. :) 5530 is a mid-end touchscreen fone for those who are very tight on budget and can't extend beyond 11k. :)

k4ce

Youngling
hmm ... in wat ways do u think is so budget about it ? i'm kinda clueless bout touchscreen fones ... never used one ... but i kust want the fone to be as fast and responsive like my 5320

MasterMinds

hell boy
hmm ... in wat ways do u think is so budget about it ? i'm kinda clueless bout touchscreen fones ... never used one ... but i kust want the fone to be as fast and responsive like my 5320
It is FAST like 5320
my friend has this phone and the best part is video playback and browsing experience:smile:

Top Bottom