Official iOS devices thread

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
@theterminator @pkkumarcool
it appears today morning apple renewed my music and tv+ subscription using my cc without any issue as my bank has sent me sms & email alerts for 2 transactions at APPLE.COM/BILL. no message from apple regarding this till now.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it appears today morning apple renewed my music and tv+ subscription using my cc without any issue as my bank has sent me sms & email alerts for 2 transactions at APPLE.COM/BILL. no message from apple regarding this till now.
Looks like Apple partnered with some major bank to make their payment gateway compliant with latest RBI guidelines.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
1. international transactions enabled?
2. remove the card and add it again to check.
yeah both domestic and international transactions enabled(tried card on paytm(with otp) as well as working to buy on origin(without otp))
yeah would do that
Have you removed and added card again?

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
yeah both domestic and international transactions enabled(tried card on paytm(with otp) as well as working to buy on origin(without otp))
yeah would do that
Have you removed and added card again?
i did that first time in dec 21 and it worked. tokenization issue (for which i got a prompt in some app, i think paytm to do that failing which i'll be required to enter it every time) might be creating this issue so removing and readding might create token - just some trial n error method. one bank sent me info regarding this and on their site somewhere i saw some services will work but apple's name was not there then but their card works now. looks like its a mess out there and no one has proper info regarding this.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
don't know how last month it worked but yesterday i got emails from my bank as well as apple that subscription transaction was declined.
bank says -"Reason for transaction decline is: Effective 1st Oct 2021, the Bank will have to decline all such recurring transactions on cards initiated by merchants non compliant with the new RBI guidelines."
asked apple support but they have not responded. it appears they either are clueless or know apple has not complied with the guidelines.
saw some people's response at different places that sbi mastercard & icici visa are working for some.
2 weeks back i asked a bank rm how it worked for me when their website says apple has not complied but no one has any answers there as well. this has become a big mystery now.

@pkkumarcool @whitestar_999

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
2 weeks back i asked a bank rm how it worked for me when their website says apple has not complied but no one has any answers there as well. this has become a big mystery now.
Indian banks support & IT dept are mostly clueless when it comes to international txns. The most likely reason for your earlier txn being successful was that bank system actually did not implement rbi instructions at that time & only now they have implemented it. You need to go to banks sites of all the cards you hold & search under "merchant registration/similar" section to find Apple there & register for it on your card.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Indian banks support & IT dept are mostly clueless when it comes to international txns. The most likely reason for your earlier txn being successful was that bank system actually did not implement rbi instructions at that time & only now they have implemented it. You need to go to banks sites of all the cards you hold & search under "merchant registration/similar" section to find Apple there & register for it on your card.
list of merchants complied with the guidelines which was there on the bank's website did not had the name of apple even then but it worked first time. i checked but apple's name is not there on hdfc, citibank or icici. it appears apple is not interested in complying as their only solution is to add money to apple id. since i am only using apple music, next month i will choose 999 yearly plan to avoid this headache.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
list of merchants complied with the guidelines which was there on the bank's website did not had the name of apple even then but it worked first time. i checked but apple's name is not there on hdfc, citibank or icici. it appears apple is not interested in complying as their only solution is to add money to apple id. since i am only using apple music, next month i will choose 999 yearly plan to avoid this headache.
First time it worked because bank did not actually implemented the system even though its site showing list of eligible merchants. Apple is likely not interested because such international txn revenue from India not worth to go through the hassle of setting up a new partnership contract with a major Indian bank.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
First time it worked because bank did not actually implemented the system even though its site showing list of eligible merchants. Apple is likely not interested because such international txn revenue from India not worth to go through the hassle of setting up a new partnership contract with a major Indian bank.
i asked about it in hdfc & icici but bank staff is so pathetic that none of them had any idea even though they asked time to check with tech team. icici bank staff (not just frontliners, even 2-3 level above them including tech team) is so idiot now that they don't have any idea about most of them things going on in the bank. they have started sending some useless info sms (like cc statement sent to your email id) at 6:19 in the morning. when i complained they say it is auto sent and we have not done anything. i asked them if their computer system is taken over by skynet.
anyways thanks dear.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i asked about it in hdfc & icici but bank staff is so pathetic that none of them had any idea even though they asked time to check with tech team. icici bank staff (not just frontliners, even 2-3 level above them including tech team) is so idiot now that they don't have any idea about most of them things going on in the bank. they have started sending some useless info sms (like cc statement sent to your email id) at 6:19 in the morning. when i complained they say it is auto sent and we have not done anything. i asked them if their computer system is taken over by skynet.
anyways thanks dear.
No problem & this is an issue with all banks in India. Reason being, in India IT dept in any non-IT company is treated as a forgotten side character unless some need arise. The most knowledgeable customer support I have found till now for a technical issue related to credit cards in India has been amex. No wonder Amex cards have a reputation on international level.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Latest email from Apple regarding payment

appl1.jpg

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Woah didn't expect apple to accept UPI. I thought it would rather use some third party gateway instead.
upi option was already there before this issue but it required a card for recurring subscription. may be they changed it. i will check it when subscription amount is due next.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I'm getting issues while connecting my iPhone 12 to Windows 10 PC's iTunes version 12.13.0.9.
The PC is not detecting my iPhone and the Phone icon is not appearing at the top left corner from where I can access the phone's data. I'm getting the "Trust this computer" message everytime I connect my phone with the USB Cable (Apple's own cable), but nothing is happening. I've tried changing the ports on my PC where I have used the front two ports but nothing happened. But when I changed the USB Cable to another one (another Apple's cable), then it worked. Had I not have another cable then it would've not worked. Why this issue took place?

Also I'm running iOS 16.6 and I want to update to iOS 17 through iTunes since I don't have enough storage on iPhone but iTunes is saying it is up-to-date.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I'm getting issues while connecting my iPhone 12 to Windows 10 PC's iTunes version 12.13.0.9.
The PC is not detecting my iPhone and the Phone icon is not appearing at the top left corner from where I can access the phone's data. I'm getting the "Trust this computer" message everytime I connect my phone with the USB Cable (Apple's own cable), but nothing is happening. I've tried changing the ports on my PC where I have used the front two ports but nothing happened. But when I changed the USB Cable to another one (another Apple's cable), then it worked. Had I not have another cable then it would've not worked. Why this issue took place?

Also I'm running iOS 16.6 and I want to update to iOS 17 through iTunes since I don't have enough storage on iPhone but iTunes is saying it is up-to-date.
Whoa! I wrote this review soon after I connected the second cable and issue was fixed but I heard the sound of cables disconnecting and reconnecting automatically and now the second cable is also not detecting the iPhone on iTunes!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whoa! I wrote this review soon after I connected the second cable and issue was fixed but I heard the sound of cables disconnecting and reconnecting automatically and now the second cable is also not detecting the iPhone on iTunes!
Have you tried with pc backside usb ports which are directly on mobo?

Top Bottom